Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

Best Macy's Sale/Coupon you've seen?

I need to purchase a new cookware set (Calphalon Contemporary Stainless 13-pc set) and I think overall Macy's usually has the best sales on the Calphalon.

What sales or coupon % off do you recall Macy's having? I'm trying to decide on whether to purchase today or wait to see Thanksgiving/Christmas sales.

Right now the set is $550 (reg. $600) plus an extra 10% off (extra $55 off) plus two bonuses (a Calphalon Unison Everyday pan which I would definitely use, and a set of wood & nylon kitchen tools which I don't really need). I can also get 10% cash back through a cash rebate site (Ebates is only 6% but there is another one, I can't remember the name right now, lol).

So...it would make the set $445 + the bonus pieces.

Are there better deals to be had during the Holiday season?

Me-30: -&- DH-34:
LJSquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
I need to purchase a new cookware set (Calphalon Contemporary Stainless 13-pc set) and I think overall Macy's usually has the best sales on the Calphalon.

What sales or coupon % off do you recall Macy's having? I'm trying to decide on whether to purchase today or wait to see Thanksgiving/Christmas sales.

Right now the set is $550 (reg. $600) plus an extra 10% off (extra $55 off) plus two bonuses (a Calphalon Unison Everyday pan which I would definitely use, and a set of wood & nylon kitchen tools which I don't really need). I can also get 10% cash back through a cash rebate site (Ebates is only 6% but there is another one, I can't remember the name right now, lol).

So...it would make the set $445 + the bonus pieces.

Are there better deals to be had during the Holiday season?

Are you a Macy's credit card holder? Then sign up for 10% back in a gift card from now until the end of December. It's called thanks for sharing. Also, I am not sure about this set. However, I prefer the one day sales that Macy's has leading up to Christmas and the day after Christmas
DisneyFansInLINY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
Mel522
DIS Veteran

The best sale of the year is the November One Day Sale a few weeks before Black Friday. If you post a link of what you want, I may be able to get some more info for you. I've worked at Macys for 4 years now.
Mel522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #4
jmac323
Mouseketeer

I'm a Macys cardholder and I just got 20% off purchase in home department via mail. The best I've ever gotten from them is 25% off but it was a cardholder coupon.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #5
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel522 View Post
The best sale of the year is the November One Day Sale a few weeks before Black Friday. If you post a link of what you want, I may be able to get some more info for you. I've worked at Macys for 4 years now.
Wow! That would be awesome if you can find out any info! Thank you for the heads up on the November One Day Sale.

This is the set I'm looking for: http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/c..._PARAMETER=BAG

And I'm also wanting this 2-pc set: http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/c...xx.esn_results

Old 10-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #6
Mel522
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
Wow! That would be awesome if you can find out any info! Thank you for the heads up on the November One Day Sale.

This is the set I'm looking for: http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/c..._PARAMETER=BAG

And I'm also wanting this 2-pc set: http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/c...xx.esn_results
I work again tomorrow, if I have time I'll see what I can find. I'm not promising anything though.
Mel522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #7
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I work again tomorrow, if I have time I'll see what I can find. I'm not promising anything though.
Well thank you for checking, I really appreciate it!

Old 10-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #8
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

I am also looking at the Cuisinart Multiclad Pro StInless set...it has amazing reviews overall but a much lower price tag than All-Clad. I am considering the All-Clad stainless and All-Clad g5 stainless cookware as well now even though the price tag gives me a heart attack. I want something that will last more than 10 years.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #9
Mel522
DIS Veteran

Well I checked what you posted yesterday, and couldn't find anything. Neither one is currently on the list for Black Friday Specials which we get early because the product is kept in the back until the event. We don't have info yet on the Nov. One Day Sale (Nov. 9-10,) but I still think that is your best bet. There will be a $10 off a $25 purchase for that One Day Sale.

If you are not a Macy's card owner, you might want to consider that. You save 15% - 20% off you entire purchase for the day you sign up and the day after. As someone else mentioned, you can also do Thanks for Sharing which will earn you %10 off in the form of a gift card.

If you have any questions, let me know. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #10
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well I checked what you posted yesterday, and couldn't find anything. Neither one is currently on the list for Black Friday Specials which we get early because the product is kept in the back until the event. We don't have info yet on the Nov. One Day Sale (Nov. 9-10,) but I still think that is your best bet. There will be a $10 off a $25 purchase for that One Day Sale.

If you are not a Macy's card owner, you might want to consider that. You save 15% - 20% off you entire purchase for the day you sign up and the day after. As someone else mentioned, you can also do Thanks for Sharing which will earn you %10 off in the form of a gift card.

If you have any questions, let me know. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
On the contrary, you were a huge help actually! Thank you for checking and giving me info on when the best times to purchase are.

I am also considering the All-Clad d5 stainless steel set (probably the 10-piece) so I will keep an eye out on those as well.

Thanks!

Old 10-09-2012, 09:32 PM   #11
floridafam
DIS Veteran

I get coupons from them all the time. The most recent ones they sent were two coupons for 20% off any purchase. They also have their Friends and Family sales but I'm not sure when those occur. I've always purchased my All Clad and Le Creuset items during those sales. I am not a Macy's cardholder.
floridafam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #12
jnfr2424
I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love to fly away to Neverland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridafam View Post
I get coupons from them all the time. The most recent ones they sent were two coupons for 20% off any purchase. They also have their Friends and Family sales but I'm not sure when those occur. I've always purchased my All Clad and Le Creuset items during those sales. I am not a Macy's cardholder.
I was going to say to wait until the Friends and Family Sale which should be the end of November (unless it's changed I left Macy's several years ago)

jnfr2424 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: