Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
mamita
Mouseketeer

please I beg you,help me..first time with dining plan

after hours on the phone i finnaly got my reservations. I have never purchased a dining plan but got the basic quick service...what is is worth using it for? is there anywhere i can use it that I should make a reservation for??
mamita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
sanapp
DIS Veteran

The quick service plan is only for counter service establishments which do not take reservations. How many ADRs did you make? Perhaps you would be better off paying OOP or upgrading to the regular plan which allows you 1 CS and 1 TS along with 1 snack.
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #3
mamita
Mouseketeer

is the upgrade worth it if we don't eat desserts?
Old 10-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #4
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamita View Post
Are you paying for the dining plan in full or did you get it as part of a discounted package?

All dining plan meals (except breakfast) include dessert. Even at the counter services. You may be able to get fruit for dessert, or trade your dessert for a bottle of water.

What are your plans for meals (how many TS do you want), and for what reason did you want to get the dining plan? If you paid full price for it, and wanted it to save money, you might actually save money paying for your own meals if you had no intention of ordering everything the dining plan provides. On the other hand, if you booked a lot of buffet or family style TS restaurants, it woudn't matter that you don't eat dessert, because you would pay the same price for those meals no matter what you eat.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #5
mamita
Mouseketeer

just got my reservation e mailed to me and it says table service meal 1 per nite ,one snack and 1 quick service. I got the stay,eat and play package there ar also bonch of golf,arcade and planet hollywood vouchers??!!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #6
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

The vouchers come with all reservations. Arcade is only equal to like $2.00 worth of quarters. Planet Hollywood is normally $5 off purchase of $25 or a free pin or something.
Jess (Me)-29 Blake (DF)-28 Our Italian Greyhound and our salt water tank
WHY did you do it? 2010
Upcoming Trip: Pop Century!
Roxychica7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #7
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
just got my reservation e mailed to me and it says table service meal 1 per nite ,one snack and 1 quick service. I got the stay,eat and play package there ar also bonch of golf,arcade and planet hollywood vouchers??!!
From this information, you have the regular DDP, so you do need to make some reservations (ADRs) at a few sit-down (TS) restaurants. You can do this online at the Disney website or call Disney dining. When are you going?
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #8
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
The vouchers come with all reservations.
All package reservations; a room-only reservation will get none of those.

The OP has the regular dining plan, not the quick service; as the previous poster stated that means you have to think about what you want to do with your table service credits.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #9
mamita
Mouseketeer

i will be there from jan 5 till the 12th
Old 10-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #10
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
i will be there from jan 5 till the 12th
You need to start making some ADRs as soon as possible. I suggest going to the main restaurant board and look at some dining reviews to begin to get an idea of where you might want to eat. You can also go to allearsnet.com and search the menus. They also have a page for the dining plan that might help explain some things. Once you have picked out some places you want to go, I'd head over to easywdw.com and check his crowd calendar to determine which parks you want to go to on which days and make your ADRs accordingly. The last thing you'll want to do is run around trying to get to a restaurant.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #11
havoc315
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you don't eat dessert at almost every meal, then NO dining plan is worthwhile. You are losing money on the quick service plan if you don't eat desserts.

Basically, if you get dessert with every quick service meal, and utilize the mug, and use all your snack credits, and get expensive entrees -- You may save $2-$3 per adult, per night. But skip desserts, and you can easily be losing up to $10 per night by being on the plan.
havoc315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #12
havoc315
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonabe View Post
From this information, you have the regular DDP, so you do need to make some reservations (ADRs) at a few sit-down (TS) restaurants. You can do this online at the Disney website or call Disney dining. When are you going?
On my last trip, I noticed that ADRs really aren't that critical anymore. Between the new reservation system and just greater efficiencies, I guess. Sure, if you want Ohana or Chef Mickey, then you need an ADR.
But we made same day reservations for Flying Fish, Tutto Italia. We walked in to lunch at Chefs De France at 12:30, walked into the Cantina in Mexica for 12:30 lunch and it was half empty.
havoc315 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: