Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
bentopher
Mouseketeer

Rooms with a "firework view"

So out of nothing more than just curiosity...

I've read various threads about people requesting certain views so they can see fireworks from their rooms.

I'll be staying at POP for 4 nights and Carribean Beach for 3 nights.
Can you see anything from either hotel?? Should I bother requesting any type of building #?

The only reason I ask is that my 2 boys are really young and when we went last they were never able to stay awake for any of the shows. I was always either in the room by 10pm or travelling back to the room by that time. So I thought perhaps I could enjoy the view one night from my room while they slept

Thanks!!

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
bentopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #2
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

I do not think you are close enough to any of the major parks to see any fireworks from those resorts. You can see MK fireworks from the Polynesian and the Contemporary and perhaps some Epcot from the Boardwalk Inn.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
Future trips on hold due to DS8's leukemia diagnosis

Me (43) DH (40) DS (8) DD (8)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #3
Bettie
Mouseketeer

You can see some of Illuminations from certain rooms at Pop. Check out this thread for tips: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2925863

There are lots of threads, just do a search for pop fireworks view and you will be able to figure out what area to request. Good luck!
Bettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #4
bentopher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettie View Post
You can see some of Illuminations from certain rooms at Pop. Check out this thread for tips: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2925863

There are lots of threads, just do a search for pop fireworks view and you will be able to figure out what area to request. Good luck!

perfect!! Thanks so much

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
Old 10-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #5
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher View Post
So out of nothing more than just curiosity...

I've read various threads about people requesting certain views so they can see fireworks from their rooms.

I'll be staying at POP for 4 nights and Carribean Beach for 3 nights.
Can you see anything from either hotel?? Should I bother requesting any type of building #?

The only reason I ask is that my 2 boys are really young and when we went last they were never able to stay awake for any of the shows. I was always either in the room by 10pm or travelling back to the room by that time. So I thought perhaps I could enjoy the view one night from my room while they slept

Thanks!!
When we stayed at CBR, we were in the Barbados village and from our front door, which faced the parking lot, we could see the high fireworks from IllumiNations at Epcot, which was pretty cool.

One thing I loved about CBR, was also the ability to look across the lagoon and have that amazing view of Spaceship Earth.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #6
bentopher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
When we stayed at CBR, we were in the Barbados village and from our front door, which faced the parking lot, we could see the high fireworks from IllumiNations at Epcot, which was pretty cool.

One thing I loved about CBR, was also the ability to look across the lagoon and have that amazing view of Spaceship Earth.
Ooh that's great to know!!
I need to get a map and figure out CBR. I knew I wanted to stay there, and just booked this afternoon! (split stay pop/cbr) so now I need to do my research on layout and maybe a room request. Although I think I did a pool view instead of standard view. But I can't remember.. LOL need to check I'm so excited right now I'm not sure if I'm coming or going.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #7
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ooh that's great to know!!
I need to get a map and figure out CBR. I knew I wanted to stay there, and just booked this afternoon! (split stay pop/cbr) so now I need to do my research on layout and maybe a room request. Although I think I did a pool view instead of standard view. But I can't remember.. LOL need to check I'm so excited right now I'm not sure if I'm coming or going.
The fireworks view from Barbados was way cool!! The distance to OPR was not....with two small kiddos tagging along, it was about a 10 minute walk each way...

But, CBR is really pretty...and we LOVED POP!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:25 PM   #8
bentopher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The fireworks view from Barbados was way cool!! The distance to OPR was not....with two small kiddos tagging along, it was about a 10 minute walk each way...

I did pay for a preferred room at CBR. So I'm not sure where that puts me at???
I read somewhere that there are benches at OPR that you can sit at to see across the Lagoon to see the fireworks. Although not sure the boys are going to like that option either. lol Something tell me I"ll just have to shelf all Firework options until the boys are older.

Speaking of POP... I did request a preferred pool view. But I'm wondering if I should change that. I like to be close to everything because the boys are still young, but I don't know that I can handle the noise of the pool after 11pm. Any suggestions??

Old 10-11-2012, 07:10 AM   #9
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

If you're facing a pool at Pop, you won't also be facing any fireworks display.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #10
BiancaBernard&Penny
Returning to "Earning My Ears" after all these years

I watched fireworks from illuminations one night from the pool at CBR. Simply lovely. DH was at the pool bar and when I went over there, I couldn't see them. They're also visible from the seating deck behind the pool/ bar. Our room faced away from Epcot so we wouldn't have been able to see them from there.

CBR- Sept 1997
CBR- Sept 17-24, 2001
CSR- May 13-20, 2008 ptr- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2166836

Debating on a trip this year with 4 year old "Penny" and a 12 year old, too!
BiancaBernard&Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:04 AM   #11
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

I've seen fireworks from Illuminations from the lake side of the food court outside.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #12
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

We stayed in Martinique, closer to OPR but a short walk to the Barbados beach where we could see the high fireworks from IllumiNations.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:42 AM   #13
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I did pay for a preferred room at CBR. So I'm not sure where that puts me at???
I read somewhere that there are benches at OPR that you can sit at to see across the Lagoon to see the fireworks. Although not sure the boys are going to like that option either. lol Something tell me I"ll just have to shelf all Firework options until the boys are older.

Speaking of POP... I did request a preferred pool view. But I'm wondering if I should change that. I like to be close to everything because the boys are still young, but I don't know that I can handle the noise of the pool after 11pm. Any suggestions??
If you booked a preferred room at CBR, then you'll be in one of the buildings in Trinidad North or Building 26, 25 or 24 in Martinique. We've watched the higher Epcot fireworks from the resort many times. I think that the best spots to watch are from the beach in Martinique or in the courtyard at Old Port Royale. I wish we had thought about watching them when we were in Barbados but we were too excited about going on our cruise the next day.

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: