Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 09:59 AM   #1
mbzelt
Earning My Ears

no rooms left?

Are the WDW resorts really completely full the week before Thanksgiving? I know Veteran's Day wknd is busy, but according to the crowd calendars, the 13th thru the 16th look light to moderate. Weird that there are no rooms left, not even at the rack rate? Any ideas?
mbzelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
MrsLS
DIS Veteran

The first weekend will be very busy- Food & wine and veteran's day, are your dates arriving anytime from Sat-Monday of that weekend 9th-12th, people might stay until the 13th too. We go that week every year for a while now and that first weekend is pretty busy, the rest of the week is slower but not empty.

MrsLS is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 12:13 PM   #3
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbzelt View Post
Are the WDW resorts really completely full the week before Thanksgiving? I know Veteran's Day wknd is busy, but according to the crowd calendars, the 13th thru the 16th look light to moderate. Weird that there are no rooms left, not even at the rack rate? Any ideas?
It's actual full - I think it's a surprise since that's not something that typically happens. But getting a room at rack rate isn't even happening for most people that week.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #4
disgram
DIS Veteran

I was told that there were various conferences going on and also some race the two weeks prior to Thanksgiving when I called.
disgram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #5
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

It's kind of the trifecta of disney world stuff going on the weekend prior. Last weekend of food and wine, a marathon, several conventions, Art show at DTD disney.

You may be finding that only one or 2 days of your attempted stay are full so that would mean it's saying no availability at all. You could try playing around with your dates and see if you can find rooms available then.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 8 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR, WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (5) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #6
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

There's also a golf tournament and the end of Jersey week. The 10th has been completely sold out for awhile so if that's one of your nights that's probably why
Old 10-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #7
mbzelt
Earning My Ears

Thanks! We already have ressies @POR. We're planning to hang at the resort and DTD over the weekend and avoid the parks until Monday. I was just playing around and thought it strange that even mid-week was full. Both touringplans and easywdw have low/mod crowds predicted for most of that week. We go almost every year this time of year. It's never empty, but the crowds are at a minimum. Maybe there are a lot of conferences during the week. Just wondering if anyone knew for sure.
mbzelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #8
Purrkins
Mouseketeer

I know it is not a "Disney" property but the Dolphin/Swan has availability at that time.

I'm in the same boat and grabbed a room figuring we're only in our room to sleep...

It also looks like some of the value resorts have opened up some rooms as well.
Purrkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: