Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
MinnieVanMom
DIS Veteran

Rain

What do you do in the parks when it rains? Or you wake up and it is raining already and the forecast says it will continue all day? Or forecast is looking grim at the moment. That with my sore throat having me thinking how to do this.
MinnieVanMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieVanMom
What do you do in the parks when it rains? Or you wake up and it is raining already and the forecast says it will continue all day? Or forecast is looking grim at the moment. That with my sore throat having me thinking how to do this.
Where are you staying? We went swimming one morning when it was wet.

To be honest you have to dress for the wet weather and get on with it though. I know especially after not feeling well you don't feel like it but you have paid all that money to get there make the most of it x
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
dlpSteve
If home is where the heart is then take me back to DLRP - I wanna go home!

The park is designed with rain in mind so most queuing areas are fully covered to keep you dry. Plus you get to buy a fancy Disneyland Paris poncho to wear while you run between attractions

Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 & 09/10 Hotel New York 11/12, 11/13
Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 & 05/12 Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite Off Site: 05/13, 11/13

dlpSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #4
Florida2012
Mouseketeer

They do sell umbrellas there as well, though when we last went we bought one and then had to carry it about for the rest of the visit as it decided to not rain again! (Great use of ¬50!) lol

As Steve said, there is still so much to do if it does rain, it's amazing how long we can spend in the shops! Lol
Old 10-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #5
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

I have my €4 Penneys (Primark) umbrella packed and ready to go

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May *** Disneyland Hotel - November

Upcoming Trips:
2015 Kyriad/Newport - March 2016 Sequoia Lodge - January
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #6
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieVanMom View Post
the rain doesn't stop us - it rained (and I mean bucketed down) almost all day every day we were there in June. We put our hoods up, our waterproof shoes/boots on, and got out there all day in both parks . One advantage to rain is that a lot of folk don't stay out to watch Dreams in the rain - so you get a better view and its actually a great show in the rain .
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun, December 14 HNY
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #7
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

We head over to WDS as there are a lot more indoor attractions there. But DLP is well designed with covered walkways that you realy don't get that wet on rainy days.
Jonjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:18 AM   #8
MinnieVanMom
DIS Veteran

One of our spring visits to WDW it poured down rain like only Florida can do. I bought a huge Disney golf umbrella so we could just get around. Even the lady asked if I was sure I wanted the biggest umbrella

We all have technical clothing and I must remember to bring the water proof boots for our feet. We have some Disney ponchos which I think are universal for all Disney parks.

I guess we suck it up, as we would do in Florida and carry on. Thanks, we do have too much time and $$ to not be in the parks playing.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:27 AM   #9
angel_nix
DIS Veteran

It rained last week while we were there, thankfully we packed full waterproofs for the kids and Neil and I had decent waterproof coats and shoes. We didn't let it deter us, just popped back to the hotel late afternoon for a freshen up before dinner and back into the park. There is a lot that can be done in the rain, Main St still feels magical even when the heavens open
Old 10-11-2012, 05:00 AM   #10
MinnieVanMom
DIS Veteran

You are so optimistic and I am hopeful for having a nice time. It will rain, one day it is expected to storm but I think we can do this with the right gear.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: