Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #1
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Question about OBB Discount

We are hoping to take an Alaskan cruise in 2014. I would love to purchase on opening day for 2014 rates (do we know when this will be?). But, we board the Dream December 19th. Will the 10% off be better than opening day rates? Can I book and then cancel to rebook with the OBB discount if that works out to be better?

TIA!
Old 10-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

What you will want to do is to book on opening day. Then, when you are on the ship you can "reshop" the cruise. If the deal with booking on board is better than what you already have, you book on board (technically, you book a new reservation and then cancel the old one). If the deal you already have from day 1 is better, you are happy knowing that you got the best possible deal.

There is no way to predict which will give you the better price. If the price of your cruise doesn't increase, the onboard booking is great. On the other hand, the price of the cruise could increase by thousands!

If you use a TA for your day 1 booking, simply name the same TA at the time of onboard booking. Then when you get home, ask them to "reconcile" the reservations (you'll be able to keep the dinner seating and cabin that you want that way.)
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner
What you will want to do is to book on opening day. Then, when you are on the ship you can "reshop" the cruise. If the deal with booking on board is better than what you already have, you book on board (technically, you book a new reservation and then cancel the old one). If the deal you already have from day 1 is better, you are happy knowing that you got the best possible deal.

There is no way to predict which will give you the better price. If the price of your cruise doesn't increase, the onboard booking is great. On the other hand, the price of the cruise could increase by thousands!
Thanks. Has opening day been announced? I was guessing it should be soon.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:51 PM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomTo2 View Post
Thanks. Has opening day been announced? I was guessing it should be soon.
You and everyone else are guessing soon...but no announcement that I'm aware of.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #5
chateau
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post

If you use a TA for your day 1 booking, simply name the same TA at the time of onboard booking. Then when you get home, ask them to "reconcile" the reservations (you'll be able to keep the dinner seating and cabin that you want that way.)
I recall when you gave me this exact same advice, and it worked out GREAT!
chateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #6
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Another question: can I book myself and transfer to a TA? Are there pitfalls to this?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: