DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
mad madam mim78
DIS Veteran

Can someone explain points?

I am currently in the RCI community. I am a weeks member. As of right now my timeshare has a trade value of 21. Most Disney World condos run 41 trade value. So I would have to bank 2 weeks of my resort for one week at Disney. I know people can buy points.

First of all can you use points along with your week value. Example can I bank one week of my timeshare and purchase points to cover the rest.

Typically if you buy points how many points does it take to book a room.

How far in advance do you need to book these points rooms.

Any additional info would be awesome.
mad madam mim78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #2
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

If you are talking about discussions on the DIS about DVC points, they would be useless to you for an exchange using RCI as they can only be used by the DVC Member who owns them. A DVC Member could make a reservation for someone else, but the points themselves could not be used to augment your RCI Weeks reservation.

In your situation, you will need to have the required number of RCI exchange points available (41) in your RCI account in order to acquire the reservation and those points will need to come via the RCI system. There is no way to combine your "Weeks" points with cash to get a reservation although you can rent a week thru RCI to stay at a DVC Resort.

Those RCI members with RCI Points memberships have a different system for making reservations that does not apply to RCI Weeks members.

Good luck!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #3
bwvBound
DVC SSR & other timeshare

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad madam mim78 View Post
I am currently in the RCI community. I am a weeks member. As of right now my timeshare has a trade value of 21. Most Disney World condos run 41 trade value. So I would have to bank 2 weeks of my resort for one week at Disney.
So to clarify, you participate in RCI Weeks and your timeshare, if deposited with RCI Weeks, would give you 21 TPU (trade power units). You are seeking an exchange into DVC through RCI Weeks but would have to combine multiple weeks from your timeshare to accomplish a single week trade into DVC through RCI.
Quote:
I know people can buy points.
I believe you are asking about renting DVC points from an owner? This can be done directly from owners from the Rent/Trade board on this site or through professional DVC rental brokers such as David's Vacation Club Rentals or The Timeshare Store.
Quote:
First of all can you use points along with your week value. Example can I bank one week of my timeshare and purchase points to cover the rest.
Sorry, not to accomplish a single week ... but often I trade into DVC via RCI Weeks and then add nights on either side of the exchange using DVC points.
Quote:
Typically if you buy points how many points does it take to book a room.
Try playing with the Points Calculator at: http://www.dvcrequest.com/
Quote:
How far in advance do you need to book these points rooms.
DVC owners may rent reservations against their own points as far as 11 months from check-in for their home resort or 7 months from check-in for other DVC resorts.

Hope this helps?
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
mad madam mim78
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwvBound View Post
So to clarify, you participate in RCI Weeks and your timeshare, if deposited with RCI Weeks, would give you 21 TPU (trade power units). You are seeking an exchange into DVC through RCI Weeks but would have to combine multiple weeks from your timeshare to accomplish a single week trade into DVC through RCI.
I believe you are asking about renting DVC points from an owner? This can be done directly from owners from the Rent/Trade board on this site or through professional DVC rental brokers such as David's Vacation Club Rentals or The Timeshare Store.
Sorry, not to accomplish a single week ... but often I trade into DVC via RCI Weeks and then add nights on either side of the exchange using DVC points.
Try playing with the Points Calculator at: http://www.dvcrequest.com/
DVC owners may rent reservations against their own points as far as 11 months from check-in for their home resort or 7 months from check-in for other DVC resorts.

Hope this helps?
Yes thank you so much!!!!
mad madam mim78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:14 AM   #5
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

I am with RCI weeks with another timeshare and just saw this morning SSR & OKW available for around 27 or so TPU (trade point units) with reservation dates of August. I think that's why it's so low instead of the usual 40 PLUS points needed. I currently have 38 TPU and that is with just 2 weeks of trade deposited. Even though we are with DVC I won't be using DVC to trade OUT but find it beneficial to trade INTO DVC with my other timeshare!
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: