Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #1
andee515
Mouseketeer

Changing from hotel only to package....

Okay, somewhat strange problem...

My work will pay for the hotel on my trip ( I am at a conference), but Disney will not seperate charges on its bill. I know you can start with room only and change it into package as deals come out, what I'm not sure is if I pay off the room say 6 months in advance ( so I have a reciept to give to work) can I then move that to a package deal???

Thanks ahead of time!

[/url].com/ticker/][/url]
andee515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:46 AM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Disney treats room only and packages totally different. You would have to cancel your room only reservation and then create a new package reservation.

Not sure how it would work for what you want to do.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #3
reiella
DIS Veteran

Well, personally, I'd keep them separate. Ask yourself why you would want to have a package.

There are discounts on the room rate, but your work is already paying for the room [and sometimes you are able to apply the room-rate discounts to a room-only reservation anyway, so you can save your company money].

Or there's the Dining Plan, which I can certainly see being nice to have/use for the vacation, but again due to it being a business trip/expense, I think it would be easier for you to have itemized receipts anyway [in case some of your disney dining is expensable].

You can add your tickets to your room key once you're at the resort as well, so you can still maintain many of the benefits of the KTTW.
reiella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:33 AM   #4
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andee515 View Post
Okay, somewhat strange problem...

My work will pay for the hotel on my trip ( I am at a conference), but Disney will not seperate charges on its bill. I know you can start with room only and change it into package as deals come out, what I'm not sure is if I pay off the room say 6 months in advance ( so I have a reciept to give to work) can I then move that to a package deal???

Thanks ahead of time!
To "convert" a room-only ressie to a package actually requires canceling the room-only reservation and re-booking a package. If you have paid off the room-only reservation - and be careful, this can only be done for reservations made by phone and payments also must be made by phone - then if you cancel and re-book a package they should transfer that paid balance to the new reservation. They did for us last winter.

Good luck!
lanejudy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #5
andee515
Mouseketeer

Thanks all!

[/url].com/ticker/][/url]
andee515 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: