Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2014, 04:20 PM   #1
ethanwa
Premier Passport AP / D23 Charter Member / D23 Geek of the Week / 2013 and 2015 D23 Expo Sorcerers Ticket

Limited Edition MagicBands, accessories, and MyMagic+ items

For anyone who is really interested in MagicBands, I have started this collectors site:

http://www.************************

I am assuming that as time goes on, Disney is going to be releasing more and more limited edition stuff when it comes to MagicBands (as they just did with Star Wars) so I decided to get in on the ground floor.

The website is still very much a work in progress, and it's dirty and I got it up as quick as possible, but what do you think? Any collectors out there yet?

Been to DL, WDW, Aulani, D23 Expo, on DCL, and to Universal Orlando.

Florida residents since Sept. 2013. We live three minutes from the Magic Kingdom.
ethanwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:49 PM   #2
MrDanielOwens
MrDanielOwens

Love it! Keep it up for sure.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2014, 06:19 AM   #3
Dis-n-Pix
Earning My Ears

It is a great start! I did not know of the Seven Dwarfs or Frozen Magicbands, so your site has at least provide one person with new information.

I do have a question (and might be something to add to your website). Can the MagicBands (specifically the special edition ones) be sold/traded from one person to another and still be used by the new owner? Or this capability limited to MagicBands that have not been activated (ie: linked prior to another individuals ticket and bio-print)?

Thanks!
Dis-n-Pix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:07 PM   #4
ethanwa
Premier Passport AP / D23 Charter Member / D23 Geek of the Week / 2013 and 2015 D23 Expo Sorcerers Ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis-n-Pix View Post
I do have a question (and might be something to add to your website). Can the MagicBands (specifically the special edition ones) be sold/traded from one person to another and still be used by the new owner? Or this capability limited to MagicBands that have not been activated (ie: linked prior to another individuals ticket and bio-print)?
Once a MagicBand has been linked to a person on My Disney Experience website, you cannot transfer that band to anyone else. It's impossible. Even calling Disney won't do it for you.

There is a trick though...

Go to WDW, buy a one-day ticket, DON'T link the ticket to MDE. Then buy a MagicBand with that ticket once inside the park for that day. Then, if you want to give/sell the band to someone else, give them the band AND the used ticket. That person can then link the band to their own MDE account.

In fact, you could probably pass a MagicBand from person to person over and over again if you always buy tickets in person (never online, on the phone, or via an Annual Pass) and just never link that band to any single person's MDE account.

I know it's complex, but you can make it work with some planning and thought.

Ethan

Been to DL, WDW, Aulani, D23 Expo, on DCL, and to Universal Orlando.

Florida residents since Sept. 2013. We live three minutes from the Magic Kingdom.
ethanwa is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: