Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
traceyw
Mouseketeer

Galveston disembarkation flight time

I am looking at February flights. The flights from Boston going into IAH are considerably less than going into HOU. However, would we have problems making an 11:45 a.m. flight on disembarkation day? We'd have to be off the ship early and on transport en route to the airport by 8:30 a.m. at latest.

traceyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
Milio99
Mouseketeer

That shouldn't be a problem. We were in our car by 9am last week and we didn't use self-disembarkation. We saw some people who self-disembarked leaving by 7:45.

DH. Me DS11 DS 9
Milio99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
collectoraholic
Is it time to sail yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyw View Post
I am looking at February flights. The flights from Boston going into IAH are considerably less than going into HOU. However, would we have problems making an 11:45 a.m. flight on disembarkation day? We'd have to be off the ship early and on transport en route to the airport by 8:30 a.m. at latest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milio99 View Post
That shouldn't be a problem. We were in our car by 9am last week and we didn't use self-disembarkation. We saw some people who self-disembarked leaving by 7:45.
As evidenced by the above poster, it CAN be done, but not always. When we sailed on the 9/22/12 out of Galveston, the ship was late in getting cleared by customs and it was definitely after 8:30 before they started letting the baggage self-carry guests off (1st to get off the ship). For that reason, I wouldn't count on being able to get to IAH for an 11:45 AM flight. Late customs clearance + any traffic on I-45 North (which it can definitely have at many spots along the way) could cause you to miss your flight. & Getting thru security @ IAH can take quite a bit of time as well. I know all of this b/c I live 20 minutes from the Port of Galveston; so I know all about traffic issues on I-45 (both northbound & southbound) and we fly out of IAH all the time and have seen the security lines first hand. It can be done, but could be tight or a missed flight.

HTHs!
Old 10-10-2012, 12:05 AM   #4
CeCeGarrett
Mouseketeer

Also, google fog and port of Galveston. Jan and Feb seem to be the months with the fog delays last year. It can be done, yup. But the rush would not be worth the stress for me.
CeCeGarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:30 AM   #5
Rancher Dave
Earning My Ears

Book a later flight rush to IAH and maybe you can get the earlier flight but know he later flight is yours.
Rancher Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: