Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
the eman
Travel, camp, sail.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 10

Decorations Question Thanksgiving Week

I have not been to WDW for Thanksgiving. My one question is about Christmas decorations. I understand that the decorating for Christmas begins well before Thanksgiving. But, I am not sure when it the decorations are complete. Is there anything special about going on Thanksgiving Day or after? That is, are there more decorations if you went to the Magic Kingdom on the Friday after vs. the Monday before Thanksgiving Day?

Thanks in advance.
the eman
the eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,716

Quote:
Originally Posted by the eman View Post
I have not been to WDW for Thanksgiving. My one question is about Christmas decorations. I understand that the decorating for Christmas begins well before Thanksgiving. But, I am not sure when it the decorations are complete. Is there anything special about going on Thanksgiving Day or after? That is, are there more decorations if you went to the Magic Kingdom on the Friday after vs. the Monday before Thanksgiving Day?

Thanks in advance.
the eman
Every park and resort seems to have a goal to complete their decorations by Thanksgiving. The only exception is the MK Christmas tree, which is not erected until after the Christmas parade taping. Probably not a big difference since those dates are only four days apart.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-10-2012, 12:23 AM   #3
cassie58
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 567

If you are interested in seeing the candlelight processional at Epcot, that does not begin till the day after, but everything else except the tree as PP mentioned is in full swing. Enjoy!

cassie58
11/08 - ASMo & Timeshare
8/09 - CSR
11/11 - CSR
cassie58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:59 AM   #4
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!
 
Robo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: In the Magic Mirror, I'm closer than I appear.
Posts: 78,804

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Every park and resort seems to have a goal to complete their decorations by Thanksgiving.
The only exception is the MK Christmas tree, which is not erected until after the Christmas parade taping.

Probably not a big difference since those dates are only four days apart.

Thanksgiving this year is Nov. 22.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:12 AM   #5
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,716

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo

Thanksgiving this year is Nov. 22.
Thanks for the update.

Are you implying that the early date will change things a bit?

ETA: I think you misunderstood me. The two dates the OP mentioned (Monday before T and Friday after) are four days apart. Not T and parade taping.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #6
the eman
Travel, camp, sail.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 10

Thanks

Thanks for the info. If I understand it correctly, if a person was to visit WDW on Monday November 19, everything will be decorated for Christmas except for the Magic Kingdom tree.

Appreciate the info.
the eman
the eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #7
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!
 
Robo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: In the Magic Mirror, I'm closer than I appear.
Posts: 78,804

Quote:
Originally Posted by the eman View Post
Thanks for the info. If I understand it correctly, if a person was to visit WDW on Monday November 19, everything will be decorated for Christmas except for the Magic Kingdom tree.
Everything in MAGIC KINGDOM will be decorated (except the tree.)

Everything else at WDW may or may not be fully decorated until
Thanksgiving, but things should mostly be up.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
christmas, decorations, thanksgiving



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.