Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #1
diane5583
Earning My Ears

Cah for tips

I want to have cash for tips... 6 nights... Lets say 6 table services and mouse keeping for 1adult and 1child... Estimate... How much in cash would you bring? Am I forgetting others I need to be tipping?
diane5583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

bell services for luggage if you have them bring it up for you
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
Cassushi
Mouseketeer

What my family does when it comes to table service and ensuring that we bring enough cash is, look at the menu before hand and “preorder” if you will. While yes, the menu might change and/or you might change your mind in what you would like to eat that day, you will have a good idea of the food cost per table service. Find that cost and multiple what tip you would will typically leave behind… 15% – 20%. Don’t forget drinks.

As for mousekeeping tips, it depends on if you are getting turn-down or not. We will tip a 5 dollars in the morning and 3 dollars for turn-down service. (We are family of 4 and we leave a bigger tip in the morning, because the room is typically more of a mess.) For two people, I would tip $2 – 3 for the morning and if you have a turn down service, I would say $2.

I hope this helps and have a great vacation!
June 2010 Polynesian, Animal Kingdom and Wilderness Lodge. June 2011 Polynesian and Beach Club. July 2012 Yacht Club June 2013 Port Orleans-Riverside May 2014Wilderness Lodge June 2014 Yacht Club June 2015 Contemporary

Cassushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:05 PM   #4
Cassushi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS1125 View Post
bell services for luggage if you have them bring it up for you
Good one MMS, I forgot all about bell service.
June 2010 Polynesian, Animal Kingdom and Wilderness Lodge. June 2011 Polynesian and Beach Club. July 2012 Yacht Club June 2013 Port Orleans-Riverside May 2014Wilderness Lodge June 2014 Yacht Club June 2015 Contemporary

Cassushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #5
diane5583
Earning My Ears

Anyone have an estimate on how much you would carry for tips for 2 people? I know I will never find time in the next 2 weeks to try to look at menus and try to figure the cost of what my meals would have been if I didn't have the dining plan... An estimate would be a huge help
Old 10-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #6
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

It depends on what type of meals you are eating. Character buffet prices differ between breakfast, lunch and dinner. Some restaurants that are not buffets are reasonable, some are very pricey. Also do you plan on ordering any adult beverages?

I am going to assume your child is under ten (if they are 10 or older, they pay adult price). So I am going to say allow $10 to $15 per meal for your tips.

For housekeeping, $2 per day.

Bell services $2 per bag.

Magical Express (if applicable) $5 each way (more if you bring your luggage to the bus).

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Old 10-09-2012, 11:37 PM   #7
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Amy&Dan's estimates look spot on to me.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:25 AM   #8
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

To make sure I have plenty of $1.00 and $5.00 bills, I always prestuff envelopes before I go. I use these at the mouseforless site for mousekeeping:

http://www.themouseforless.com/downl...ekeeping.shtml

I then figure tips for the DME driver, bell services, any taxis, car services, etc and place them in a plain envelope that I keep separated from any other money I may carry. I then look at menus and figure what tips may be and then add in anything else I might want to buy and place that amount on a Disney gift card, so I don't have to carry cash in the parks. After each transaction, your receipt will show you how much is left on the gift card.

For our trip the end of Oct/early Nov, I already have gift cards purchased to cover meal tips and souvineers, then two more gift cards cover snacks at the Food & Wine Festival. I also bought my husband another gift card to cover any alcohol he may want.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:25 PM   #9
diane5583
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy&Dan View Post
It depends on what type of meals you are eating. Character buffet prices differ between breakfast, lunch and dinner. Some restaurants that are not buffets are reasonable, some are very pricey. Also do you plan on ordering any adult beverages?

I am going to assume your child is under ten (if they are 10 or older, they pay adult price). So I am going to say allow $10 to $15 per meal for your tips.

For housekeeping, $2 per day.

Bell services $2 per bag.

Magical Express (if applicable) $5 each way (more if you bring your luggage to the bus).

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Thanks!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: