Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #1
tinkluvr23
Mouseketeer

How to add dining plan?

I have rented a DVC for out upcoming vacation and am wondering if the DVC owner has to add the dining plan to our room? We are staying at the AoA for the first two nights so can we just add the full amount of time onto that reservation? Or do I have to separate it into two plans? I am hoping I can just add it on as that would be much easier.
Thanks!
tinkluvr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
ses1230
DIS Veteran

When renting DVC, the owner has to add the dining plan to the reservation. It will only be for the days of the DVC reservation. The dining plan must be paid for when it is added, so you will have to work that out with the owner.

If you have a room only reservation at AoA, I don't think you can simply add the dining plan, it must be booked as a package.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #3
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You have two seperate reservations, so you would have to add a separate dining plan to each one. You cannot buy one dining plan to cover both reservations.

If your AOA reservation is a room-only you cannot add a dining plan to that unless you change it to a package. Unless you're an annual passholder or eligible for the military discount, that means you have to buy park tickets as part of the package. If your AoA stay is first, you could concievably buy tickets with that package to cover your whole stay (if you need tickets). The dining plan is limited to the number of nights on the reservation, but the tickets are not.

As noted, for the DVC reservation you will need to get the DVC owner to add the dining plan for you, as only they can deal with Member Services, and you'd need to arrange to get the payment for the dining plan to the member. No ticket purchase is required to add DDP to a DVC reservation.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: