Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #16
pilesoflaundry
it doesn't get scratched as often as I like

I have cashed out for free coke or powerade and also for snapfish rewards (you get a code for a calender or prints, you pay shipping) I've also cashed out for world of coke tickets, they have some tshirts and I also get magazine subs sometimes. They have all you if you use coupons.

My knight in shining armor turned out to be a soldier in combat boots.

WDW June 2008, 2009x2 June and Sept., Sept. 2011
DL and DCA June 2013
pilesoflaundry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:24 PM   #17
Diegosmom
DIS Veteran

In the past in addition to what others have listed I have gotten TGIFridays, Macaroni grill, southwest and chilli...I try to check on Wed cause sometimes they are good deals...
Diegosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #18
jenlynn0808
DIS Veteran

About how long did it take for the gc to arrive? Was thinking about getting DD and DNiece a few gc for xmas...helps them "live the teenage lifestyle"

I've been gobbled by ADisneygirl!
jenlynn0808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #19
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenlynn0808
About how long did it take for the gc to arrive? Was thinking about getting DD and DNiece a few gc for xmas...helps them "live the teenage lifestyle"
I have had them take anywhere from 1 week to a month or more, especially if it's one of the special promotions.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #20
pooh4brains
Mouseketeer

Thanks! This is the sort of news I was hoping for. I will be sure to keep checking and keep adding points.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #21
mom2t
Mouseketeer

I used mine for Nike gift card. I got tennis shoes and 2 shirts for free from the Nike outlet. It helped with back to school purchases. Currently saving for more Nike ecards. I did not know about Wed.specials.
mom2t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #22
cmac609
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by team weasel View Post
They had SeaWorld/Aquatica tickets earlier this year...I think they were close to 2000 points for a package of two. I just bought a ticket to my local(ish) Six Flags today for 250 points (Wednesday Deal).

I tend to check once or twice a week to see what they've added.

Isn't the Six Flags coupons only good for the 2012 season? And aren't Six Flags closed for the season now??

DH, :: Me: ds11, ds9, ds2
7/2006 Polynesian (Samoa) (First Time), 7/2011 Polynesian (Hawaii)
7/2008 Polynesian (Samoa) & Universal Lowes Royal Pacific & 12/2008 Pop Century
7/2009 Polynesian (Hawaii)
7/2010 Polynesian (Hawaii) & Universal Lowes Royal Pacific
cmac609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #23
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac609

Isn't the Six Flags coupons only good for the 2012 season? And aren't Six Flags closed for the season now??
They are only good for the 2012 season, but Six Flags over Georgia is open on the weekends for the rest of the month.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #24
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac609

There are Six Flags throughout the country (in warmer areas) that are open year round on a somewhat limited basis. I
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:09 AM   #25
ThisIsTheYear
Too far from Mickey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhoen
Hold out just a little longer, and be sure to check the coke site EVERY WEDNESDAY. Wednesday is when they have their "special" deals... like today is a 6 Flags ticket for 250 pts (reg 1000).

If they follow their past pattern, in a few weeks, they will release a special selection of awesome giftcards at "half-points." And the DIS will be one of the first places you'll hear about it. if you search this forum, you will find the thread from last year which will talk about some of the choices they had last year. Off the top of my head I recall Southwest, Best Buy, Home Depot, Subway... and I *think* Bass Pro.

If they do it, it will be next month sometime, and I'm digging through the recycling bins like crazy right now so I'm not 10-points-shy like I am right now... one more diet coke code would do it... (with the october bonus)... I'm so mad I haven't gotten any points from McD Monopoly (why don't they just call it "McNopoly, it would be easier to say...)

Of course, no guarantee they'll do it this year, but save your points just in case....
How do you get the points from Monopoly?
11/2013 - POP Century
ThisIsTheYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:06 AM   #26
sticker231
DIS Veteran

I have cashed out for Nike gift cards also. Got myself sneakers, shorts, and a t-shirt from the clearance section.

I also got two Best buy gift cards when they had the good deal on gift cards last year. I put it towards my son's Kindle. I am holding out for the same deal this year. They do go really fast though.

OUR TRIPS TO WDW
OCTOBER 2005, APRIL 2006, OCTOBER 2006, MARCH 2007, JUNE 2007, OCTOBER 2007,
APRIL 2008, OCTOBER 2008, OCTOBER 2009, APRIL 2010, OCTOBER 2010, OCTOBER 2011, MAY 2012,OCTOBER 2012, OCTOBER 2013, OCTOBER 2014
sticker231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:16 AM   #27
Zhoen
Princess in Shining Armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenlynn0808 View Post
Last year the promo was in early November and all of my cards arrived in time for Christmas. I've heard other people say they use them for stocking stuffers. (I can only assume they meant the $10 ones... can't imagine putting $50 or even $25 in a stocking...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2t View Post
I used mine for Nike gift card. I got tennis shoes and 2 shirts for free from the Nike outlet. It helped with back to school purchases. Currently saving for more Nike ecards. I did not know about Wed.specials.
Save hard and hold out, I'm pretty sure the Nike's went half-"price" last year with the rest... ie- 1000pt= $50 GC/ 500pt =$25 /250pt=$10

If you're going to get them anyway, might as well get twice as much for the price

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsTheYear View Post
How do you get the points from Monopoly?
I haven't seen any myself (haven't won) but I understand there are some that are instant-win on the stickers (you would put the code either into PlayatMcD or directly into MCR, not sure which.) I think you can also win them with the online game, but I put in about 20 codes and didn't get a derned thing... maybe I'll win that beaches vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticker231 View Post
I also got two Best buy gift cards when they had the good deal on gift cards last year. I put it towards my son's Kindle. I am holding out for the same deal this year. They do go really fast though.
YES!!! They do, so be ready. All the "good" stuff will be gone by lunchtime the day it opens... even when they put Limit1 or Limit2, they still go fast.
Zhoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #28
MineMail
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhoen View Post
YES!!! They do, so be ready. All the "good" stuff will be gone by lunchtime the day it opens... even when they put Limit1 or Limit2, they still go fast.
ITA - don't wait to enter the codes because you can only enter so many per week. I made that mistake last year - had I redeemed all my codes earlier, I could have ordered another gift card. Instead, I had to wait until the Monday reset.

Some people (on this site and others) have stated that they have multiple CokeRewards accounts, so the "Limit 1" slows them down, but they work fast to claim as many of the best deals possible then announce it online. Some even brag that they beat the limit and got 10 or 12 of something. It's really frustrating for the one-account families who get shut out if they don't act fast.

I have redeemed points for "World of Coca-Cola" tickets two years ago, which is a nice day trip in Atlanta with the Aquarium nearby. I've gotten multiple magazine subscriptions, Coke t-shirts and backpacks. Also claimed matchbox cars and other trinkets, which became unique stocking stuffers for the kids.
MineMail is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: