Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
sazzifrazz
Mouseketeer

DME messed up!

I originally booked POFQ. We then decided to change to WL. I called Disney and switched about 3 weeks ago. The very next day my DME envelope arrived with vouchers and yellow luggage tags for POFQ. I called Disney and they assured me that my new, updated stuff would be arriving soon. I waited...and waited. We leave Friday! i called today, and Disney gave me the phone number to DME. The woman on the phone told me that they did indeed have my updated resort and that my stuff was mailed out Sept 22. I have not received it. She told me it was not a problem, that I should just hand my Jet Blue luggage claim tags to DME and they will get my luggage as usual and deliver them to WL. I don't know...Im not too confident. I asked if they could just resend my stuff but the lady said its not enough time. IMO it should be over-nighted to me. This is not an error on my part.
sazzifrazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
TinksMomma
Mouseketeer

I've used DME plenty without any kind of tags and just provided my baggage claim ticket My luggage always shows up, easy peasy. The tags aren't necessary although the make it easier on DME. Have a great trip!
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #3
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

For our April trip we switched resorts at the last minute and I wasn't sure if my new DME tags would come in time. The CM I spoke to said we could use the original yellow tags and just cross out the resort on the tag and write our new resort on there. In the end our new tags came so I didn't have to do that. Maybe you could call again and see if they are still offering that as an option.

Next up: Disneyland, Spring 2015!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:52 PM   #4
tjmw2727
Enjoys "mom and me" trips
May just have to dance!

If your reservation number is the same then the bar code on the DME tags will send your luggage to the new resort.

1 - If it will make you feel better you can cross off the old resort and write in the new one - just be sure not to interfere with the bar code.

2- You can also skip the yellow tags and give your bag claim checks and a description of your bags to the DME desk when you check in and they will still transport your bags.

3.- You can just skip the luggage delivery feature of DME and get your own bags from the carosel and bring them with you . The driver will store them under the bus. You will have to have them held by bell services if your room isn't ready though and this means additional tipping.

TJ
tjmw2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #5
sazzifrazz
Mouseketeer

the number is not the same. We land at 6:30 PM so that gives plenty of time for them to get our luggage and deliver it before bedtime.
sazzifrazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #6
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

Actually, you don't know that DME messed up. If they're telling the truth, the POSTAL SERVICE messed up.

Your options are above. Do whichever makes you feel more comfortable. Speaking for me, I'd turn my airline luggage tags over to Disney and let them deal with it.
Bay Lake Towers, WDW June 1 - June 6, 2011
Polynesian, WDW Dec. 29, 2008 - Jan. 3, 2009
Wilderness Lodge, WDW, June 2005
Polynesian, WDW Sept. 7 - Sept. 14, 2001
Caribbean Beach, June 1993
sam_gordon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #7
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzifrazz View Post
I originally booked POFQ. We then decided to change to WL. I called Disney and switched about 3 weeks ago. The very next day my DME envelope arrived with vouchers and yellow luggage tags for POFQ. I called Disney and they assured me that my new, updated stuff would be arriving soon. I waited...and waited. We leave Friday! i called today, and Disney gave me the phone number to DME. The woman on the phone told me that they did indeed have my updated resort and that my stuff was mailed out Sept 22. I have not received it. She told me it was not a problem, that I should just hand my Jet Blue luggage claim tags to DME and they will get my luggage as usual and deliver them to WL. I don't know...Im not too confident. I asked if they could just resend my stuff but the lady said its not enough time. IMO it should be over-nighted to me. This is not an error on my part.
The person on the phone was correct. Just take your claim tags to the desk and they will collect your luggage. It is done all the time. Nothing at all to worry about.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #8
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzifrazz View Post
the number is not the same. We land at 6:30 PM so that gives plenty of time for them to get our luggage and deliver it before bedtime.
As far as timing, don't forget, the estimated time is 70-90 minutes from plane arrival to getting to your resort. Your luggage generally shows up within 3 hours of check in at the resort. So your luggage should be there before 11. I don't know if that's before your bedtime or not, but something to keep in mind.
Bay Lake Towers, WDW June 1 - June 6, 2011
Polynesian, WDW Dec. 29, 2008 - Jan. 3, 2009
Wilderness Lodge, WDW, June 2005
Polynesian, WDW Sept. 7 - Sept. 14, 2001
Caribbean Beach, June 1993
sam_gordon is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: