Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which Club is your or your child's favorite?
Simba's Clubhouse- AKL 1 9.09%
Cub's Den- WL 0 0%
Sand Castle Club - BC YC 2 18.18%
NeverLand club- POLY 8 72.73%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #1
VeganCupcake
Almost an Expert

Location: Palm Springs, Fl - about 2.5 hours away from The Most Magical Place On Earth!

Kid's Clubs- experiences , pictures, poll!

I'm leaning towards Neverland Club, but I would like to hear any experiences about the rest! Pictures or links to pictures would be helpful! Thank you!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

I don't have any pictures or links, but my DD has been to the Cubs' Den (WL), Neverland Club (Poly), and Sandcastle Club (BC/YC). The Neverland Club is her favorite. It seems to be the largest of all the clubs and it's definitely the most elaborately themed club.
Maggie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #3
VeganCupcake
Almost an Expert

Location: Palm Springs, Fl - about 2.5 hours away from The Most Magical Place On Earth!

Thanks Maggie'sMom! We were thinking about dropping him off and going over to try The Wave for a little mommy/daddy time. It will be more fun for him to play in the NeverLand Club then go to a sit down dinner with no characters.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
eyor44
DIS Veteran

I highly recommend the kids clubs. My DD9 has done the Neverland Club and the SandCastle Club. She prefers the Sandcastle Club. There is a "girls" room with dolls, stuffed animals, kitchen set, playhouse, etc. Boys play in there also, but most end of in the main room doing boys toys, regular games or computer games. She loves the down time of playing while we go to an adult meal.
eyor44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:18 PM   #5
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

My kids really enjoyed themselves in the Cub's Den, and we plan on having them go there again for our trip in April!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
themilesfamily
Wanna potty with Spongebob Squarepants?

The only one we've been in is the Cub's Den. Here are some pics.

themilesfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:16 PM   #7
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

My kids have been to Simba's, Neverland Club, and Cub's Den....multiple times each. Their fave by far is Simba's. It's not MY fave....it's kind of crazy/congested in the front, and I like that Neverland Club, the registration is separate from the play area. But I don't think you can go wrong in any of them - the staff are fabulous, the kids love having kids to play with after a few days with mom and dad, and the price is very reasonable (IMO) for a few hours kid free!

Minnesota! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #8
VeganCupcake
Almost an Expert

Thanks for the replies everyone! How does dinner work for the kids? They just have a mini buffet or what? Also did all of you make reservations for the clubs in advance? And if so how far in advance?
Old 10-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #9
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

What are the age requirements?
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
disneymagicgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #10
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganCupcake View Post
Thanks for the replies everyone! How does dinner work for the kids? They just have a mini buffet or what? Also did all of you make reservations for the clubs in advance? And if so how far in advance?
When you drop the children off, they give you a form where you check off what your children want for dinner. If I remember correctly, there were 4 or 5 options.

I did make reservations in advance and I would recommend it just because if you are planning a special night out, you don't want to let it go to the last minute and then find out there isn't space available in the clubs. I have made reservations for the clubs at the same time I made my dining ADRs, 180 days in advance. But you don't need to make them that far in advance. I've also made reservations about a month in advance. Through most of the year you probably don't need to make reservations even that far in advance. During peak times, I'd recommend making the reservations as soon as you know which evenings you want to use the clubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
What are the age requirements?
The clubs are for children from 3 to 12 years old, and they must be potty trained.
Maggie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #11
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie'sMom View Post

The clubs are for children from 3 to 12 years old, and they must be potty trained.
Yay! Will def be using them next time, then!
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
disneymagicgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #12
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

DD has gone to the Neverland Club many times and she loves it! She actually asks to go in! I don't have any pictures of the actual area that the kids are in, but here are some pics I took in April of the window the kids enter through, the check-in desk and the activities board.

They bring in dinner from Captain Cook's and you check off what your child wants when you're signing them in. The staff there is really great and for a couple of years there, we saw the same CMs and they remembered DD, which was really nice.

We visited the Sandcastle Club on one trip and the staff there was very nice as well. DD hasn't gone there yet, but the facility looks nice.

Planning a "super-secret" October F&WF weekend!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:10 AM   #13
VeganCupcake
Almost an Expert

Thanks everyone! Love the pictures! I think we're going to go with NeverLand Club this time around, and eat at The Wave. If we do it I'll post a review for other parents wondering!
Old 10-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #14
bbinnsGA
Earning My Ears

How much do these cost? Do you have to use the one for YOUR resort or can you use another resorts?
bbinnsGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #15
dtripli
DIS Veteran

Older Kids?

We'll be taking our 4 year old son and 13 year old daughter with us on the next trip. We could probably just have our dd watch ds in the room for some "mommy/daddy time", but I was thinking it might be fun for them to have some activities to do. I know the cut off is 12, but she can easily pass for that.

I was wondering if its all about the younger ones (I know our son will have a ball) or do they try to cater to the preteens as well. You know the age....they might feel silly going...etc..

Has anyone left older kids at NeverLand? And what was your/their take on it?
dtripli is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: