Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #136
GenevieveRaqs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcgirl View Post
I think the question is would the adults at the table be happy to eat those meals if the meals were brought out to them (in bigger portions of course). Maybe if I was doing the Atkins diet at home. But on vacation? No way. Those meals would all be sent right back. They don't look seasoned or flavorful.

Kids are on vacation too. Save the bland chicken breast and broccoli for home.
I said to my husband when the menu came out that I'D be happy to order off this kids menu! So, yeah, some of us do enjoy eating this way, kids and adults alike. And it's totally cool if other people don't...that's why there are tons of different restaurants on property with all kinds of food.
GenevieveRaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #137
longing4disney
Mouseketeer

Hey, I'd like it myself too. I always find the adult portion too big. Will they allow an adult to order from the kid's menu?

May 1996 : Offsite, Disneyland, CA
Nov 2007 : Contemporary, WDW
Jun 2010 : Disneyland Hotel, HK Disneyland
Nov 2012 : The Poly, WDW
longing4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #138
LBIJim
DIS Veteran

The menu itself is fine. The presentation, however, is a different story. No need to attempt to make the plates look fancy. The meatloaf and pork dish appear particularly unappetizing. Lots of adults would be freaked out when served dishes that look that bad, let alone kids.

Jim
LBIJim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:12 AM   #139
angelbear425
Mouseketeer

Am I the only one who thinks the pork looks good? I hate when pulled pork is drowned in BBQ sauce. I prefer when it's plain and you can add as much or little as you like.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #140
EEs*Mommy
Mouseketeer

I agree the presentation is lacking. My kids are elated at the menu though. I really really wish they would have put ratatouille on the kids menu though. My youngest son adores it and will probably be eating off my plate because I will be ordering it.

7/30 to 8/06 2007 ~ Bday at BC
Noah's Wish!
EEs*Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:24 PM   #141
PSMC
Earning My Ears

Just asked my daughter what she thought of the menu and she thought it looked/sounded good. Her favourite for looks was (obviously) the Mickey-shaped meatloaf. Her favourite from my description was the carved turkey sandwich. My daughter is 5.

WDW 2001 (Honeymoon)
PSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:13 PM   #142
madcat
Mouseketeer

Most kids I know get tired of the same thing over and over again. Out lf all my friends that have children and the friends of my children that have spent time at our home, only 2 have been picky eaters (one of those kids was a chicken tender only) kind of child. I remember one summer we went to so many ball games and cook-outs that my kids both.said they couldn't eat another hot dog or hamburger. So I love seeing the variety that BOG is offering up.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:45 PM   #143
5forDis
Mouseketeer

My 3 children would eat from the kids' or adult menu. They are 12, 11, 7. The food looks good to them. My youngest doesn't like fried food, so chicken nuggets and french fries are not interesting to her.

14 12 9

5forDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #144
hroyale
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie0507 View Post
My kids would like most of those options. It wouldn't be a problem for our family. There have been restaurants we have avoided because the kid options wouldn't work. Parents with 'picky' eaters may need to bypass Be Our Guest.
I have probably the most picky eater in the world. What is one of the 2 things he will eat off any menu? Grilled Chicken. So we're good.

I'm glad there is no mac and cheese or pizza on the menu. My other kid isn't that picky but she'll always order one of those if it's available. Now she will be forced to order the fish or steak or chicken that she would eat at home.

DS 10
DD 10
DH

hroyale is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: