Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
jacobsmama
Mouseketeer

is this a good price?!

okay further to my previous post about upgrading i'm just wondering if people could tell me what they reckon would be a good price for:
- 4 nights 5 days in SL
- dates are: 14th feb 2013 - 18th feb
- 3 adults 1 infant
- half board plus
- character meal at cafe mickey
- birthday cake
- eurostar from St Pancras

without me saying what price i can get could people tell me roughly what price they would say is a good price so i can see whether or not the price i've been given is good or not. don't want to tell you what i've got in case that influences your opinion if you see what i mean

TIA xxx
jacobsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #2
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsmama View Post
okay further to my previous post about upgrading i'm just wondering if people could tell me what they reckon would be a good price for:
- 4 nights 5 days in SL
- dates are: 14th feb 2013 - 18th feb
- 3 adults 1 infant
- half board plus
- character meal at cafe mickey
- birthday cake
- eurostar from St Pancras

without me saying what price i can get could people tell me roughly what price they would say is a good price so i can see whether or not the price i've been given is good or not. don't want to tell you what i've got in case that influences your opinion if you see what i mean

TIA xxx
have you already got your eurostar fare? I think you need to forget about the transport costs, because hopefully you've already paid for that to keep the cost down to as low as its going to get for the Eurostar (because those fares went on sale a couple of months ago).

SL with the 2 nights free deal in Feb for your dates was £380 for 1 adult and free kids, so say another 2 adults at around £130 each = £540 for your room and park tickets in a SL lodge room.

Your half board plus vouchers would include the character meal price at Cafe Mickey, so that would be around £324 based on current prices.

Birthday cake if you add it to your Disney package is £22 at current price.

So altogether, without your Eurostar fare, it comes to £886 or thereabouts. I don't like the half board dining plans at DLP and wouldn't pay for any of them, but if you do want to pay for them, then I'd say, for Feb next year, around £890 is an okay price for your package, then you'd have your Eurostar fares on top of that.

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #3
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

I should mention also that you could book one adult in on the package with the infant, get the other 2 adults annual passes through cemultiavantages or promoparcs (fantasy passes are fine at 119 euros each) and this would bring the price down further, by around £50. This would then give you discounts with the AP for your whole group on your table/buffet and counter service meals, souvenir shopping, and also your Cafe Mickey character meal.

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #4
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Well, just looking now it's £730 for just the hotel & tickets. But I think it's pretty much full price - says magical winter offer - whatever that is!?

Honestly, you can go round in circles with Disney's pricing - it's definitely 'Disney Chicken' as someone else called it. Bottom line is, if you are happy to pay the upgrade then go for it.

Agree with Elaine about the halfboard vouchers but I believe you have already bought them in your package (standard I believe). Really, all they do is allow you to budget in advance so you don't need to worry so much about money for food when there. If you go down the AP route (which does seem a little daunting but is well worth it), then really hb vouchers are not needed as you would save more money with AP discounts on food. But if Disney are willing to upgrade your hb vouchers at less than the price they should be (not sure if this is what you were saying on your other post) then that would be good!
Old 10-10-2012, 02:38 AM   #5
CassieReynart
Mouseketeer

We are also looking to book the sequoia lodge for similar dates (10-15th Feb) for 3 adults but the current price seems a lot, we are waiting til a better offer. The current offer doesn't really seem that good at all!

Future Trips - * Christmas 2014 * *Jan Sales 2015*
//Previous Trips// Hipark May 2014 * Santa Fe Jan-Feb 2014 * Dream Castle / Sequoia October 2013 * Cheyenne / Sequoia Feb 2013 * Sequoia Sept 2012 * June 1997
CassieReynart is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: