Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #1
btab
Earning My Ears

Process for indirect flights through Canada

Hi there,

We have booked indirect flights to Tampa through Toronto with Air Canada (coming back via Houston) for Easter 2013. All our previous indirect flights have been through an American city, so we've gone through immigration at point of entry. Has anyone travelled this route before, and can you tell me if we'll need to go through immigration twice ?

Hope that makes sense !

Thanks

Barrie
btab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
Kath2003
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by btab View Post
Hi there,

We have booked indirect flights to Tampa through Toronto with Air Canada (coming back via Houston) for Easter 2013. All our previous indirect flights have been through an American city, so we've gone through immigration at point of entry. Has anyone travelled this route before, and can you tell me if we'll need to go through immigration twice ?

Hope that makes sense !

Thanks

Barrie
I've done it, it's fine.
You need to enter Canada on arrival, through immigration and customs ONLY if your plan on leaving the airport (we had to, because we left the airport for a while).
Collect your bags and you clear US immigration and customs in Toronto airport. (This took us around 20 minutes, at 5am!)
Once you get to Orlando, you just walk out of the airport as it has all been done. Which is always nice

This page is useful: http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...z_intl_us.html

On the way back, it's just a domestic flight so hang around in Houston airport for a while.

Toronto is a great airport and customs was fine I'd happily do it again if the price was right.
Kath2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath2003 View Post
I've done it, it's fine.
You need to enter Canada on arrival, through immigration and customs ONLY if your plan on leaving the airport (we had to, because we left the airport for a while).
Collect your bags and you clear US immigration and customs in Toronto airport. (This took us around 20 minutes, at 5am!)
Once you get to Orlando, you just walk out of the airport as it has all been done. Which is always nice

This page is useful: http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...z_intl_us.html

On the way back, it's just a domestic flight so hang around in Houston airport for a while.

Toronto is a great airport and customs was fine I'd happily do it again if the price was right.

when i crossed through Toronto airport i had to cross immigration and customs even though i was continuing on to the US, but maybe that has changed.

In any case, it was very easy - crossing immigration/customs took no time and then i had to cross US immigration and customs before boarding the plane to the US...

and then as noted, when you arrive in orlando, you're a regular domestic passenger..

i like toronto airport and i like air canada....i found it to be a nice connection..
Old 10-10-2012, 02:18 AM   #4
btab
Earning My Ears

Thanks for your responses, hopefully it should be quite a simple and speedy process, making things a lot quicker when we reach Tampa.
btab is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: