Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #1
Grumpylady
Earning My Ears
 
Grumpylady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 41

PTR: WDW First timers all 4 of us!!

Howdy everyone!! Not only is the my very first PTR but it's also my 1st time planing a trip to WDW mostly because this is the VERY FIRST time any of us have ever been YIPPEE!!

Now for the Introductions:

Name: Victoria
Age: 27
From: Mississippi



I will be traveling with DH - Kent (28)
Also new to WDW so he is leaving the planning
and general craziness up to me

Them there is DD - Nicole (5)



and DS - Jacob (4)



They HAVE NO IDEA I have been planning a trip for the past 6 months
We plan to tell them with a box full of balloons and a countdown chain for Christmas!!! I can't WAIT

Our Dates are Feb. 23 - March 2nd
Our first and last night we are staying off site as we are driving in form MS

the 23 - march 1st we will be staying at All Star Movies Resort
I requested a Toy Story room for my Toy story FANATICAL kid Hope we get it!!


I am Looking forward to posting the rest of my PTR in the days and weeks to come!!
__________________
Trip mates: ME - DH - DD(8) - DS(6 will turn 7)

Grumpylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:39 PM   #2
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Twoboysnmygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,346

Subbing!!! Your first trip! So excited for you! I cannot wait to hear all your plans. My daughter and I are taking a mother/daughter trip at the beginning of February.

Your kids are GORGEOUS!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran
 
tinkerbellandeeyor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,250

Can't wait
__________________
tinkerbellandeeyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #4
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran
 
WDWaddictt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 668

I'm joining along. Great start to your PTR!
Your family is so cute!
A surprise too...I am surprising my kids too, but we are waiting until he morning of to tell them.
Can't wait to read the rest!
__________________
Disney Family-MeDHDD(11)DS(8)
2014-AoA, 2013-AKL Kidani, 2011-FWCabins and Disney Dream Cruise, 2010-AllStar Movies, 2009-POFQ, 2008-POP
1989/90-NYE stayed offsite, 1981-Disneyland
WDWaddictt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #5
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 5,123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpylady View Post
Howdy everyone!! Not only is the my very first PTR but it's also my 1st time planing a trip to WDW mostly because this is the VERY FIRST time any of us have ever been YIPPEE!!

Now for the Introductions:

Name: Victoria
Age: 27
From: Mississippi

I will be traveling with DH - Kent (28)
Also new to WDW so he is leaving the planning
and general craziness up to me

Them there is DD - Nicole (5)
and DS - Jacob (4)

They HAVE NO IDEA I have been planning a trip for the past 6 months
We plan to tell them with a box full of balloons and a countdown chain for Christmas!!! I can't WAIT

Our Dates are Feb. 23 - March 2nd
Our first and last night we are staying off site as we are driving in form MS

the 23 - march 1st we will be staying at All Star Movies Resort
I requested a Toy Story room for my Toy story FANATICAL kid Hope we get it!!


I am Looking forward to posting the rest of my PTR in the days and weeks to come!!
You have such a nice looking family. Your Christmas surprise will be great! My daughter is telling her two kids, DS5 and DD3, about our February trip on Christmas Day, too. That will be so exciting.
__________________
~ Sue



Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #6
Shlooma
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 59

Can't wait to hear more.

We are also going in February but I couldn't keep it a secret. I look forward to hearing how your big reveal goes.

This will be our 2nd Disney week as a family. It is just sooo much fun.
Shlooma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:49 PM   #7
Shlooma
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 59

By the way, your family is beautiful but you definitely do not look like a grumpy lady.
Shlooma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #8
Grumpylady
Earning My Ears
 
Grumpylady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlooma View Post
By the way, your family is beautiful but you definitely do not look like a grumpy lady.
Thank you LOL - Some background on grumpy lady lol
I am a CARE BEAR FANATIC!!!!! I have over 100 of them!
And Grumpy has always been my favorite!
Grumpy is also my fave dwarf and Snow white My Fave princess
so it seemed fitting

Thanks to everyone for joining in!! plan to post my ADR times later today!!
__________________
Trip mates: ME - DH - DD(8) - DS(6 will turn 7)

Grumpylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #9
2012bella13
Mouseketeer
 
2012bella13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NEVER NEVER LAND
Posts: 283

We are going at the same time, staying at AOA.

Will chat back later, when I have more time.
__________________
:-DD,4yrs Bella DH
Disney World Trip Febuary 2013 A.O.A. Cars Suite
MAW-GKTW
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011
2012bella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #10
Grumpylady
Earning My Ears
 
Grumpylady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 41

ADRs and park days

I may have over thought my trip a
BIT and even planed what QS places
I would like to eat out while we are at WDW

MK- Sunday 24
Dining @ Be our guest for LUNCH Quick Service <--- Really hope there is not a SUPER DUPER LONG line?

HS - Monday 25
Pizza Planet for lunch
4:40 Dining at Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic Package Dinner

EPCOT - Tuesday 26
1:15 Coral Reef late LUNCH Ask for Tank table?
Dinner @ Yakitori House (Japan)

MK - Wednesday 27
Dining at Liberty Tavern EARLY Dinner
8:50 a.m. Crystal Palace BREAKFAST

AK - Thursday 28
9:10 Donald’s Safari BREAKFAST <-- thinking I may cancel this one
7:10 Ohana Dinner

OPEN - Friday Mar. 1
6:40 Cinderella’s dinner @ 1900 Park Fare Dinner
@ Grand Floridian
Go for dinner at 1900 Park Fare and then walk down to their beach and see the Pageant and the fireworks at Magic Kingdom.
__________________
Trip mates: ME - DH - DD(8) - DS(6 will turn 7)

Grumpylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #11
Grumpylady
Earning My Ears
 
Grumpylady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 41

Christmas Surprise

We plan on surprising the kids with the trip on Christmas Morning,
but no way is this momma letting Santa take the credit for my
7 plus months of hard work and dedication that comes
with planing this vacation!!!

So the Surprise plan is:
BALLOONS yep GIANT MICKEY head balloons
that pop out of a box when the kids open it!
A giant box that has from MOM
and Dad (I guess I have to put his name on it he agreed to go after all)

I plan to tie a Mickey Mouse Recordable Christmas Card to the balloon strings.
Since my kids are 5 and 4 and can't read well I nixed the note idea.
When they open the care it will say something like GUESS WHAT WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD IN February!!
I also plan to include a calender with the dates marked, and a paper chain countdown calender in hopes of avoiding the
"are we going to Disney today" question EVERYDAY lol

I have also fixed them both a present that includes a book bag, coloring books, puzzles, glow sticks, socks and a t-shirt all Disney themed!!!

I CAN NOT WAIT for Christmas to come at our house.

Up next ---- HOW THE HECK we are getting to WDW
__________________
Trip mates: ME - DH - DD(8) - DS(6 will turn 7)

Grumpylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #12
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 5,123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpylady View Post
I may have over thought my trip a
BIT and even planed what QS places
I would like to eat out while we are at WDW

MK- Sunday 24
Dining @ Be our guest for LUNCH Quick Service <--- Really hope there is not a SUPER DUPER LONG line?

HS - Monday 25
Pizza Planet for lunch
4:40 Dining at Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic Package Dinner

EPCOT - Tuesday 26
1:15 Coral Reef late LUNCH Ask for Tank table?
Dinner @ Yakitori House (Japan)

MK - Wednesday 27
Dining at Liberty Tavern EARLY Dinner
8:50 a.m. Crystal Palace BREAKFAST

AK - Thursday 28
9:10 Donald’s Safari BREAKFAST <-- thinking I may cancel this one
7:10 Ohana Dinner

OPEN - Friday Mar. 1
6:40 Cinderella’s dinner @ 1900 Park Fare Dinner
@ Grand Floridian
Go for dinner at 1900 Park Fare and then walk down to their beach and see the Pageant and the fireworks at Magic Kingdom.
We are doing some of the same restaurants, although different dates. We all want to do BOG for lunch. I hear that they were changing the lunch menu January. We are also doing Coral Reef, Cinderella, Ohana and Tusker's - the Donald Safari breakfast. I'm looking forward to that one, since it has all the best Disney characters and it is our only character breakfast.

I was tempted to try Liberty Tavern. The menu looks really good.
__________________
~ Sue



Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #13
Grumpylady
Earning My Ears
 
Grumpylady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 41

The Journey

We plan on driving from Mississippi, it is an 11+ hour drive
So my DH came up with a plan to drive overnight!
I am really not sure how all that is going to work out but here is the plan

Leaving MS Friday Feb 22 LATE and letting the kids and me Sleep in the car
When we stop for breakfast we plan to Switch drivers DH can sleep through a train.
We have hotel reservations in Orlando for Saturday night with an early check-in so we plan to hang at the hotel or check out downtown Disney that night.

Our official WDW date is Feb. 23 so we will check in hopefully early like 7 a.m. and Head to MK for the day. We have reservations at Pirates League and BBB at 1:40 so even if we run super late we should not be in a hurry to get there in time No TS this day plan to play it by ear and HOPEFULLY eat at BOG for lunch
__________________
Trip mates: ME - DH - DD(8) - DS(6 will turn 7)

Grumpylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #14
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran
 
tinkerbellandeeyor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpylady View Post
We plan on driving from Mississippi, it is an 11+ hour drive
So my DH came up with a plan to drive overnight!
I am really not sure how all that is going to work out but here is the plan

Leaving MS Friday Feb 22 LATE and letting the kids and me Sleep in the car
When we stop for breakfast we plan to Switch drivers DH can sleep through a train.
We have hotel reservations in Orlando for Saturday night with an early check-in so we plan to hang at the hotel or check out downtown Disney that night.

Our official WDW date is Feb. 23 so we will check in hopefully early like 7 a.m. and Head to MK for the day. We have reservations at Pirates League and BBB at 1:40 so even if we run super late we should not be in a hurry to get there in time No TS this day plan to play it by ear and HOPEFULLY eat at BOG for lunch
Sounds like a great plan
__________________
tinkerbellandeeyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #15
Grumpylady
Earning My Ears
 
Grumpylady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 41

I just got finished with a cute little calender to give the kids for Christmas
to help them know when we are leaving and hopefully Keep them from asking me everyday when we are leaving HAHA

__________________
Trip mates: ME - DH - DD(8) - DS(6 will turn 7)

Grumpylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.