Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
eyenerd
Mouseketeer

What's the earliest you booked a return flight?

SW has a great deal today for winter flights. I got our family of four from PHL to MCO for $583. The only problem was the return flights didn't have great options. I took an 11:20am. Last February we had a 12:00 and I remember having over an hour to spare at the airport. I think we are cutting it very close, but the next option was 5:00 pm. We will use private transportation as well. Just wondering if i am crazy for considering this?
eyenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:53 PM   #2
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

I don't like to take anything before 7PM, of course I live out in Cali and with the time difference, we get in around 9PM. I figure, I get almost an extra day out of my vacation that way.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
I don't like to take anything before 7PM, of course I live out in Cali and with the time difference, we get in around 9PM. I figure, I get almost an extra day out of my vacation that way.
Do you mean the day you get off a cruise? If so what do you do all day?
Old 10-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #4
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

Sorry, I meant for Disney World. Didn't notice which board this is on, but I would probably still do the same and rent a car for the day and explore.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
hoosthatmouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyenerd View Post
SW has a great deal today for winter flights. I got our family of four from PHL to MCO for $583. The only problem was the return flights didn't have great options. I took an 11:20am. Last February we had a 12:00 and I remember having over an hour to spare at the airport. I think we are cutting it very close, but the next option was 5:00 pm. We will use private transportation as well. Just wondering if i am crazy for considering this?
Those southwest discounts looked pretty amazing. I was going to go with one but the closest direct flight from our home was a the airport 45 miles away. I ended up purchasing a one way on jetblue and a one way on usair to accommodate port times. It was cheaper than any round trip on one airline. Maybe look into a different one way airline?

Feb 2013 - AKL, 3 Night Bahamian Cruise on Dream, POR
Jan 2013 - WDW Half Marathon

Feb 2012 - Polynesian
Feb 2011 - Polynesian, Wilderness Campground
Oct 2006 - Wilderness Lodge

----

hoosthatmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #6
Lisavince3
Mouseketeer

We booked on Southwest today for our cruise in January. $74 each way from Chicago to MCO!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #7
kcashner
DIS Veteran

11:20 should be fine. We've been at MCO as early as 9:00. However, if you don't have early seating, do breakfast on the pool deck and plan to be off the ship ASAP. Also, not knowing anything about the size of your group...consider a towncar service to avoid having to wait while the bus fills up...and don't even think about a car rental.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:02 PM   #8
reevesinga
Mouseketeer

We've had an 11:30 with no issues! We did skip breakfast on the ship & ate at the airport!
reevesinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #9
eyenerd
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the responses. I feel a bit better know. I couldn't remember the exact time we got to the airport last time, but i know that we had PLENTY of time and should make an 11:20.

By that leg of our trip, DH and I just usually want to be home. We have 2 small kids and waiting for a 5pm flight would be too complicated. Fingers crossed it works out
eyenerd is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: