Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #61
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

By this time, it was time to eat once again. Itís beginning to seem to me that we are always eating or talking about eating. But anywayÖ at lunch, we had both watched people walking around Pecoís Bill with these amazing looking taco salads and decided we should come back here for supper and try them. What a great idea that turned out to be. That topping bar really rocks! Iím not sure what all DH put on his but I layered on the cheese, warm onions, lettuce and a little bit of salsa. I think I may have found a new favourite menu item here. Everything was fresh and flavourful and just down right enjoyable! I actually could not bring myself to eat the taco bowl because it looked like it was probably deep fried (and I wanted to make better eating choices today) but Vince ate his and Samuel nibbled away at both of them as long as he could find pieces that had no other food particles on them. He also ate some of his pretzel leftovers. Donít worry; we fed him when we got back to the resort.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
Old 10-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #62
Andrewsminustwo
Earning My Ears

It is so much fun reading your trip report because we just came back this past monday and stayed at Pop, ate in the food court alot, and did alot of the same things you did in the parks....thank you for allowing me to relive our trip!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #63
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewsminustwo View Post
It is so much fun reading your trip report because we just came back this past monday and stayed at Pop, ate in the food court alot, and did alot of the same things you did in the parks....thank you for allowing me to relive our trip!
You are so welcome! Writing this trip report is allowing me to relive it as well. I'm glad I decided to do it. I hope you and your family had a great time.

Old 10-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #64
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Samuel and I had one more trip down Splash Mountain (even though I had just eaten). We were in the front seat and I got completely soaked. After this it was time to leave the park. We rode the monorail to EPCOT and took the bus back to Pop Century. We went into the food court so Samuel could have something to eat. Yup! You guessed it Ė Chicken Nuggets and fries. Here are the pictures to prove it!

He ended up eating most of this, thankfully. Since he still had one of the standard chocolate cakes in the fridge in our room (Yes, we had a preferred room at Pop Century and it came with a fridge!) Vince and I ordered a dessert that the two of us could share. The other day he spied the tye-dye cheesecake and came over to tell me about it as though he had just made an amazing discovery. I didnít tell him that I already knew of its existence and that it was on my 2012 Disney List of Things To do. So we got the tye-dye cheesecake with Samuelís meal and it was fabulous. I had heard the raves here on the boards and it certainly lived up to expectations. What I didnít realize though from all the descriptions that I had read was that it had a thick layer of moist, scrumptious, delicious red velvet cake on the bottom. This dessert was so good that I was wishing I had had my own slice instead of having to share. Sam tried it and of course, did not like it. (More for me!)

Afterwards, Vince went straight to the room but Sam and I went for a little tour around the resort since it was still a little early. We stopped to play twister but only for a few minutes because I just cannot bend like that anymore. On the way back, we noticed that the Hercules movie was playing on the lawn and sat down and watched it for about Ĺ an hour and then returned to the room. Another Disney Day done. I put 20,220 steps on my pedometer today. Weíre doing EPCOT tomorrow where Snow White makes me roll my eyes!

Old 10-29-2012, 06:37 AM   #65
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

That's a lot of steps!
Old 10-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #66
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
That's a lot of steps!
I agree!

Old 10-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #67
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Day 4: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 EPCOT

After our typical oatmeal and hot chocolate in our room we boarded the bus for EPCOT.

We arrived around 9am and after taking a few pictures, decided to do Space Ship earth. Sam was in a bad mood and was refusing to walk up the queue line but his Dad finally convinced him to get moving and before the ride was over Samuel announced that he wanted to do it again! I really liked this ride myself. I felt a little dizzy at first on it but not for long. I thought this was really well done. The people and animals were so lifelike. I hadnít been on this ride before. Iím so glad I did it this time. It was so interesting. I loved the section with the moon and stars. It was also pretty cool that they put a picture of my head on the story of me in the future! While this was our second trip to EPCOT, it is our first time on Spaceship Earth. It was closed when were here back in 2007 during our first trip to Disney. Today, we spent a lot of time playing the games at all the different stations. Samuel had a great time, would like to come back later in the day and we had such a difficult time trying to convince him to do this in the first place! Sadly, I have absolutely no pictures of this attraction. After we left, Sam wanted to look at the fountain. He thought it was pretty cool and liked the noises it made when the water would shoot up into the air.

Next we got fast passes for Soariní. The standby line was 25 minutes but we decided to get in line anyway. We actually waited about 27 minutes. Sam was a little afraid but was fine once it began. He liked that he could smell the trees. It actually made me feel a little queasy so when they decided to get right back on with our FPís, I chose not to join them and just walked around the Land instead. After they came out it was close to 11:30 so we decided to have lunch at Sunshine Seasons.

Aside from the pictures of our food and the fountains outside, this is the only picture that I've taken up to this point. You canít tell, but Iím rolling my eyes because of that. Weíre a third of the way through our day and have hardly any pictures of how weíve spent our time. It was taken of the ceiling above the seating in the food court of the Land.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #68
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

WOW! Those are big!!!

Old 10-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #69
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

We are going to stay at AOA on our trip next year and I'm thinking i'm going to have to walk to pop and try that cheesecake it always looks so good when people post pics of it.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #70
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethislucy View Post
We are going to stay at AOA on our trip next year and I'm thinking i'm going to have to walk to pop and try that cheesecake it always looks so good when people post pics of it.
It's not a very long walk, Beth. You'll be glad you did it!

Old 11-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #71
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Speaking of food, here is it. I must say that it was all very good. Absolutely nothing to complain about. Samuel had a huge piece of pork, a lemonade and an M&Ms cookie. Vince and I ate his mashed potatoes (because he wont eat mashed potatoes) and they were amazing.

Vince and I both got our meals from the Asian section. He got the Beef & Rice and I got the Spicy Cashew Chicken with Noodles. Both were excellent meals. Im not too big on spicy things so when I asked them about this dish, the servers let me try a piece of the chicken before I ordered and since she said the noodles were not spicy at all, I decided to try it. The meal did have a bit of a kick to it but it was just fine for me. Vince wouldnt have noticed at all. He was born with a bottle of hot sauce in one hand and a bottle of hotter sauce in the other.

For dessert, I got the strawberry shortcake that I had heard so much about. It was absolutely delicious! It was light and refreshing. The berries and whipped cream were fresh and the cake was moist and wonderful.

Vince got a pineapple Coconut cupcake. He really enjoyed it and let me have a bite. The cake was thick and moist and the icing was soft and creamy and not overly sweet. Im not sure if is was cream cheese icing or not but it was very flavourful. I think he may have gotten the better dessert between the two of us again.

Old 11-03-2012, 02:41 PM   #72
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

After lunch, we headed over to Innovations West and did a few things but Samuel really wanted to get over to the Sum of All Thrills and design his own roller coaster so we didnít waste too much time getting there. Of course, it was pouring outside. Once inside the Innovations East building, Vince and Sam immediately got into the Sum of All Thrills line. Once inside, they both worked on the design but only Samuel rode it. I was surprised that he wanted to do this because heís not a thrill seeker but he loved this. I think it was partly because he got to create it himself. My pictures arenít all that great but at least I took some.

http://tinypic.com/r/2ypce51/6

Old 11-03-2012, 03:02 PM   #73
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

After we left Innovations, I wanted to do World Showcase. We walked through Canada, our home and native land, watched Martin Short host the movie, OíCanada, and after leaving Canada, it soon became very clear that I was the only one who actually wanted to be at World Showcase.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #74
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

We all wanted a snack so we walked straight around to the Karamel shop in Germany. These pictures are huge on purpose!!

Samuel got a piece of fudge which he promptly inhaled without actually tasting I think.

Vince got a caramel nut bar. At first bite, he knew he had made the wrong choice. He was looking for something baked and gooey. He said it was just candy and he was wanting something for dessert. He said this was useless as a dessert and that it was the worst thing he had eaten at Disney. Heís not a big caramel person anyway and said that this was like putting 14 caramels in his mouth at the same time.

I chose the chocolate caramel cupcake. I have to say that I was less than impressed with this one. It was almost exactly the same cupcake as the one at Pop Centuryís food court with the rainbow icing except this one was drizzled with caramel. The icing was incredibly sweet and at one point actually slid off the cake. The cake part was just OK but the whole thing sat in my stomach for a while.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:18 PM   #75
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Hey, just want to let you know I'm still following along. As for me, I love the World Showcase. What I would really like to do is explore every nook and cranny alone one day. I read a good review of the Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookie the other day. I may just have to have one of those in April.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: