Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 08:22 AM   #46
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

The thread is up over 1600 views! Thanks, everyone, for following along. I really appreciate it. Feel free to post a comment if you like!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
Old 10-22-2012, 08:28 AM   #47
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

On the way out of our last ride on Buzz, I spotted Chip and Dale. Since the line was pretty short, we decided to have a family photo op with them. They really like to kid around.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2012, 02:00 PM   #48
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

When we were at MK on Sunday, DH spied an amazing waffle sundae at the Parlour Ice Cream place and decided that he was ready for one now. It was great! Lots of whipping cream and hot fudge sauce and served in a waffle bowl!. This is the Plaza Ice Cream Sundae.

DS didnít eat much but the two of us sure did. I didnít really like the bowl so I left that for DH to devour. As we were eating, the dance party began. DS and I joined the crowd and I got some great pictures of the characters. On the way back to join DH at our table, I discovered that I had forgotten to turn the camera on so I had to rush around to get more shots of everyone before they left!

Old 10-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #49
simonsayz
Loving Dis!

I was just reading from your very first post to the end, i love the food pics!
It's nice to see a thread just only on the quick service plan
I didn't realized all the great food they have with that plan!

Question, when you grab dinner, is it at the resort you're staying at? Pop Century?

Mickey's Blog

Dec 13 - Dec 17, 2011
Nov 25 - Dec 1, 2012
7 days of Mickey Craze! End of Nov 2012 My 1st TR
Old 10-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #50
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsayz View Post
I was just reading from your very first post to the end, i love the food pics!
It's nice to see a thread just only on the quick service plan
I didn't realized all the great food they have with that plan!

Question, when you grab dinner, is it at the resort you're staying at? Pop Century?
There lots of great places to eat when you're on the Quick Service plan! Yes, we stayed at Pop Century and ate there at the food court quite a number of times. It's the only resort we did eat at. Thanks for your comments and there are lots more food pictures on their way!!!

Old 10-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #51
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

We wandered around for a bit, did some sight seeing, took some pictures and Samuel pulled the sword out of the stone and then it was time for lunch.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #52
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Cosmic Rayís and Pecoís Bill are our two favourite counter service restaurants in the Magic Kingdom. Since we had already been to Cosmic Rays, Pecoís Bill was the next obvious place to eat. Iím not sure what time we got here but there wasnít much of a line. We had popped in earlier to have a look at the menu and DH had decided then that he would be getting the Deluxe Burger with bacon and a huge onion ring. When we got there, he placed the order at the self-serve kiosk and entered the wrong burger choice. He had selected the Angus cheeseburger instead. He was disappointed when he received his order and realized his mistake but still enjoyed his meal and said that it was a really good burger. I tried it and thought it was pretty good too. It was juicy and tasty and the bun was fresh. He loaded it up with lots of good stuff from the toppings bar.

I typically order the Caesar Chicken Wrap when I am at Pecoís Bill and today was no exception. I love this sandwich. The only thing I did differently this time was get the apple slices instead of the fries. (Iím trying to make better eating choices today, remember?)

I was too full to eat the apple slices right away so I put them in my backpack for a snack later. We knew DS wouldnít eat an entire meal so instead of ordering a meal for him that we knew we would have to eat, we just let him nibble from our plates. He ate some of the chicken from my wrap (as long as there was nothing else touching it) and some of my tortilla and helped himself to his Dadís fries and chocolate cake. I also took some shredded cheese and pickles from the toppings bar, which he ate. I donít know how anyone can survive on such a small amount of food but he just never seemed to get hungry the whole time we were at Disney.

After we finished eating, Sam wanted his picture taken with his Dad and thought it would be funny to have a picture of him looking like he was dead so he let his tongue hang out. Heís 10 Ė what can you do!

These photos were taken outside the restaurant while we listened to a group of men give a performance.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #53
simonsayz
Loving Dis!

that's awesome! glad you guys enjoyed your trip!
The angus burger would've been a healthier choice than the deluxe with bacon haha
No worries about your son not wanting to eat.

When i was at that age, it would take me over an hour just to eat something I can finish within 5 minutes and that is because I wasn't hungry.
Don't need to worry about him not eating, when the time comes when he is hungry he will let you know. It's human instinct haha

Mickey's Blog

Dec 13 - Dec 17, 2011
Nov 25 - Dec 1, 2012
Old 10-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #54
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Thanks. It still drives me crazy though!

Old 10-24-2012, 10:23 PM   #55
alwayspooh
Mouseketeer

Looks like you all are having a great time. Who wouldn't though, your at Disney!

Love the pics and especially the one of the red velvet cupcake. That is my fav!!

I have to agree with Simonsayz that it is nice to see a TP on the QS plan. I never thought that there would be so many good choices and it really has me rethinking my next trip dining options.

Can't wait for the next update!
2001 - CSR (DD 1st trip)
2003 - PC W/MOM
2004 - CSR
2007 - ASMU (DD #2 first Disney vacation)
2008 - 1 DAY MAGIC KINGDOM FIX

Me DD12 DD7

Old 10-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #56
simonsayz
Loving Dis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayspooh View Post
I have to agree with Simonsayz that it is nice to see a TP on the QS plan. I never thought that there would be so many good choices and it really has me rethinking my next trip dining options.

Can't wait for the next update!
I think I might be do that after my next trip in month! lol I mean I just paid a bit for an upgrade. I was going to pay full price for the dining plus, but realized they offered QS dining for free when I am there so I made a call and paid very little for it. So it's worth it.

One thing I like about the QS dining plan is i don't have to pay tips!!! call me cheap, but tips are expensive when you have the DDP and going to those most expensive places and meals you can find to make the DDP worth it.

Mickey's Blog

Dec 13 - Dec 17, 2011
Nov 25 - Dec 1, 2012
Old 10-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #57
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsayz View Post
I think I might be do that after my next trip in month! lol I mean I just paid a bit for an upgrade. I was going to pay full price for the dining plus, but realized they offered QS dining for free when I am there so I made a call and paid very little for it. So it's worth it.

One thing I like about the QS dining plan is i don't have to pay tips!!! call me cheap, but tips are expensive when you have the DDP and going to those most expensive places and meals you can find to make the DDP worth it.
We decided to stick with the QSDP because we felt the regular DP was just too much food and this time we didn't want to be tied down to reservations. Even with the QS plan, we still over ate!

Old 10-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #58
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

DS wanted to do Splash Mountain while we were in the area but neither DH nor I could do it this soon after eating do DS did it alone for the first time. I didnít get very good pictures of him but thatís him up top in the second row in the blue hat. I had my camera poised and ready for a picture of the drop but I missed it. I did get him after the ride was almost over, though. Thatís him in the second row but heís taken off the hat.

Around this time DH decided he just wanted to sit and relax for a bit so we took the train over to the Fantasy Land station. DS went over to Tomorrow Land to ride Buzz and DS and I stayed in Fantasy Land where he cooled off in the splash park, rode the Barnstormer some more and had two spins on the Tea Cup ride. He has always loved things that spin and he spun fast the whole time (which is one reason he has to do this ride alone!)

We made our way back to meet up with DH and got Samuel a Mickey Pretzel. Itís a tradition for him now to get a pretzel when he comes to Disney. I donít see the point of those things but he loves them. We all did Buzz a few more times and then went in to the Monsterís Inc., Laugh Floor for one performance. Thatís always good for laugh.

Sam wanted to ride the People Mover so while they did that, I spent $1.50 on a banana because I needed something to snack on. After I finished it I remembered the apple slices in my backpack that I had gotten with my lunch that I had been saving for later so I ate them too. Next we stood in line for maybe 10 minutes for the Tomorrow Land Speedway. Again, Samuel was excited to be able to ride alone. I found the fumes at the area when you get on the cars to be quite strong but thankfully, weíre werenít in that area for long. From here, we walked over to the Peter Pan ride and since there seemed to be very little wait, we rode it. We like to see the way our shoelaces glow on this ride. We are such exciting people!

Old 10-27-2012, 11:59 PM   #59
marts35
Mouseketeer

Looks like you have had a fun trip. Enjoyed reading your report
Old 10-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #60
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marts35 View Post
Looks like you have had a fun trip. Enjoyed reading your report
We had an amazing Disney vacation as always! Happy to have you following along.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: