Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #31
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

The first thing DH did was head to TSM for Fast Passes. I saw Tigger and Eore so I quickly got in the very short line and had my picture taken with them, ducked into Starring Rolls and snapped a few pictures of their display cases, then met up with the boys over at TSM.

Since the stand by wait time was only 20 minutes, we decided to get in line. We were actually in and out in less time than that and did that ride 4 times during the day Ė twice with FPís and twice without. At one point the stand-by wait time was 70 minutes but thatís the longest we saw it posted at today. We all love this ride. That's my score. Of the three of us, I'm the best player!

Sam got hungry around 10am since he didnít eat anything for breakfast so we got him a buttered bagel, a bottle of ice tea and a yogurt from Starring Rolls. He ate the bagel and said it was the best bagel he ever had. I ate the yogurt.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005107 ]2012 Trip Plus QS Dining
Old 10-16-2012, 10:14 AM   #32
SheenaXena21
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your TR!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #33
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheenaXena21 View Post
Enjoying your TR!!!
Thanks for following along! It's nice to have you on board.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #34
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Sorry I had to leave yesterday before I was finished posting our second Disney day at Hollywood Studios. Hopefully, I'll be able to get the rest all entered this afternoon.

We walked around the park for a while, taking some pictures. Sam likes to stand at these misting stations. He got soaked at the fire truck. Then around 11am we came back to Starring Rolls for our lunch. DH and I each got the turkey focacia sandwich. It was really nice. The bread was fresh, the veggies were fresh and the sauce on it was excellent. The sandwich was huge. Thatís normally a gag-able amount of meat for me to eat but I really enjoyed that sandwich. DH had to eat the last couple of bites for me because it was way too much and I wanted to be able to eat ALL of my Red Velvet Cupcake.

I'm likely going to run out of room here so I'll put the cupcake pictures in the post below this one.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:25 PM   #35
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Samuel got the Butter Finger Cupcake but could only eat a couple of bites so we had to finish it for him. It was SO GOOD! Vince got the chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake. The cake part was I think the same as the Butter Finger Cupcake but this one has a chocolaty peanut buttery fudge filling inside and chocolate peanut butter icing with large flakes of chocolate on the outside. I know you probably donít need me to describe it to you but I just wanted to relive that moment.

OKay! Enough Butter Finger Cupcake pictures!

Here's the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake...

My Red Velvet Cupcake was really good as well. The cake was light, fluffy and moist and the cheese cake topping with the little toffee bits was so good. I had to eat the whole thing even though I was stuffed because I couldnít put cheese cake in a container and carry it around the park with me all day in the heat, right?? I was in pain after I finished it though.

It looks like I'm not going to finish this Disney day this afternoon after all. Uploading the pictures is taking longer that I thought it would and I'm also hungry. I'll get back to it soon!

Old 10-17-2012, 09:02 AM   #36
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

After lunch, we walked down to Tower of Terror. Weíre not a thrill ride family but Vince was going to try it because his boss went on it last year several times and said it was a blast. So he thought heíd go down and check it out but he let a CM talk him out of it. (yah, right!)

We walked over to the other side of the park and did the back lot tour and then watched the Indiana Jones show.

Vince and Sam did Star Tours afterwards and then it was time for supper. We stopped for a few more pictures around the park then went back to the resort to eat. Sam had the same chicken nugget meal that he had last night so I didnít take a picture. Vince had the Roast Beef Focaccia Sandwich with chips and the Popís The King Cupcake. But first, a few pictures of the display cases at the food court.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #37
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Hey, look! You can use up a whole snack credit for a little 50 cent pot of peanut butter! Are you kidding me??? Who would do that?!

Back to supper. Like I said previously, Vince got the Roast Beef Focaccia Sandwich with chips and the Pops The King Cupcake. He really enjoyed his meal. He said that the beef was tender and the bread was fresh. Those potato chip things were good too. Crunchy and had a bbq flavour. His first comment about the cupcake was, "Interesting". It has peanut butter icing on top and a banana custard surprise inside the cake. There is candied bacon (yup! Real bacon!) on top but neither one of us could taste it. There certainly are a lot of flavours in that cupcake. It was very good, though.

As a tribute to Elvis Presley, the cupcake features all of the flavors from the Kings renowned favorite sandwich:

Chocolate Cupcake
Banana Custard Filling
Peanut Butter Frosting
Candied Bacon
Chocolate Drizzle

I copied that last part from the Disney Food Blog. Hope they don't mind.

Last edited by CdnBuzzFan; 10-17-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #38
sjms71
DIS Veteran

Omg, that cupcake looks heavenly .
Old 10-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #39
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjms71 View Post
Omg, that cupcake looks heavenly .
It was really good but I enjoyed my dessert more. It will be in my next post!

Old 10-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #40
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

I had the Chicken Alfredo Penne for supper. The piece of chicken was massive but very tender. The pasta was cooked perfectly and the sauce was creamy and really good. For dessert I had the apple blossom with vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce and whipping cream. I got it at the same time as I got my meal so it melted a little but that was OK. The apple pie part was heated and I wanted it to have time to cool off a little anyway. It was warm, had lots of crust, lots of apples and was loaded with flavour. It was sooo good! Again, I was in pain after this meal. Iím going to have to make better eating choices tomorrow.

We headed back to DHS to use our Toy Story Mania Fast passes and for the second time out of the 4 times we did TSM today, I had the high score on the board!!

We watched the Little Mermaid then Vince and Sam did Star Tours again, then Sam did it by himself. We stopped to get Sam a Popsicle and when the CM saw his birthday button, she gave him one ďon MickeyĒ and said Happy Birthday to him. That was very nice of her. We walked around the park a little longer, toured some of the gift shops and then left to go back to the resort around 9pm. When we got back to POP, I filled my mug with hot chocolate, looked around the gift shop then went back to the room. After Samuelís shower, were very tired and were all in bed by 10pm. Our day was not as eventful as our travel day but it was a good day. I walked 19878 steps but was too tired to pace around the room to make it to 20,000 steps! Tomorrow: Back to the Magic Kingdom

Old 10-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #41
SheenaXena21
DIS Veteran

You're killing me with all the pics of cupcakes and dessert!!!!

Old 10-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #42
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheenaXena21 View Post
You're killing me with all the pics of cupcakes and dessert!!!!
Dessert is my favourite part of the day! There are still 4 or 5 more cupcakes to post.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:29 PM   #43
DisneyEhCA
Canadian Mom in a Magical World

I am drooling over the turkey sandwiches (not the cupcakes!).

To answer your earlier question re: switching from Pearson to Buffalo...it's half the price for tickets! No kidding...it's so worth the extra drive, I think. I'll let you know how it goes when we return.

---------------------------------------------------
Me (38) DH (47) DS (4)
October 2011 - All-Star Movies
February 2012 - Pop Century
January 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
January 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside (fingers crossed!)
Old 10-20-2012, 06:36 AM   #44
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyEhCA View Post
I am drooling over the turkey sandwiches (not the cupcakes!).

To answer your earlier question re: switching from Pearson to Buffalo...it's half the price for tickets! No kidding...it's so worth the extra drive, I think. I'll let you know how it goes when we return.
That I can relate to. It cost me over $600 to fly from Toronto to Halifax earlier this year.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:03 PM   #45
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Day 3: Tuesday, September 11, Magic Kingdom

Weíve been eating breakfast in our room this week. DH goes to the food court each morning for a coffee around 6am (heís always been an early riser) and brings back a mug of hot water for the instant oatmeal that I brought with us. Sounds wonderful, eh? (Okay, thereís my Canadian accent coming out!) He also brought back a mug of hot chocolate this morning too.

Since Samuel didnít have much to eat yesterday, we brought him to the food court for breakfast this AM. We ordered this huge platter for him with all this wonderful food. There was a sausage patty, two strips of bacon, a biscuit, potatoes and probably 3 or 4 eggs and two French toast sticks. He ate the meat, the biscuit and tried the eggs but we had to finish the rest.

(A leftover picture from yesterday)

It was all really good, but he said he wasnít very hungry. Iím getting a bit frustrated at this point with how little that boy is eating.

We got to Magic Kingdom shortly after 9am. In this picture with all the running shoes, there is one pair of high heels! I can't imagine lasting 10 minutes at Magic Kingdom in those!

First we checked out the Emporium and then rode the Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin six or seven times in a row. We were able to just run from the exit door around to the entrance and get right back on the ride again. No lines. No wait. Here is a picture of the queue line at 10am.

DS wanted to take the camera onto the ride with him and here are some of his shots. In case you donít already know, the target below the word ďPITIFULĒ (in the scene with Zurg just before you enter the tunnel) is worth 100,000 points!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: