DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
mjc2003
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 1,227

so much for taking a year off!!!

We had decided this was our "year off" from WDW, we just moved, had a baby, etc..., and of course couldn't squeeze in a trip. Well, we got close to our normal November trip time and started to collectively groan. So, we did some looking on another site (since nothing is left on points) and found an amazing SSR deal...it was a week before we were looking to go, but sometimes you have to be flexible. Alas, my wife's boss said "NO!" for her to take off that week, it's just too busy and she's going to be returning from a week of work travel right before, so we had to say no to the great offer and go back to having long faces.

Yesterday afternoon, right before MS closed, I called and asked if there was anything at BCV for early November, for the week I knew my wife COULD take off. Of course there isn't, online availability showed a spare day or two but nothing for 5+ days. Well, as luck would have it, they had a cash 1 bedroom with the member discount for 5 consecutive nights! We vowed never to pay cash again at WDW since we became DVC members, but one thing we have learned is that vows and promises tend to be broken when it comes to our Disney trips!

The best part is, I didn't tell my wife or kids. We never told the children in the first place b/c we didn't know if it could happen, but I know my wife was very excited to tell them and equally depressed when it didn't work out work-wise. So, now I am awaiting our ME packet and will break it to them that way. I'm even going to book the flights, etc., without telling anybody. I am actually going to wait a few days on the flights b/c I am hoping the 6th night will show up at either BCV or BWV (long shot) on either points or cash. It's one night, can't hurt to wait a few days!!
__________________
mjc2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:29 PM   #2
shortypots
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Durham NC
Posts: 1,053

That's awesome. Sending pixie dust your way for the extra night!
__________________
Thanks!
Shorty
shortypots is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #3
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one
 
Disney Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: now . . . Indiana
Posts: 2,573

I hope your extra night comes through! Sounds like a much needed getaway.
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
sweetdana
DIS Veteran
 
sweetdana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,667

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc2003 View Post
We had decided this was our "year off" from WDW, we just moved, had a baby, etc..., and of course couldn't squeeze in a trip. Well, we got close to our normal November trip time and started to collectively groan. So, we did some looking on another site (since nothing is left on points) and found an amazing SSR deal...it was a week before we were looking to go, but sometimes you have to be flexible. Alas, my wife's boss said "NO!" for her to take off that week, it's just too busy and she's going to be returning from a week of work travel right before, so we had to say no to the great offer and go back to having long faces.

Yesterday afternoon, right before MS closed, I called and asked if there was anything at BCV for early November, for the week I knew my wife COULD take off. Of course there isn't, online availability showed a spare day or two but nothing for 5+ days. Well, as luck would have it, they had a cash 1 bedroom with the member discount for 5 consecutive nights! We vowed never to pay cash again at WDW since we became DVC members, but one thing we have learned is that vows and promises tend to be broken when it comes to our Disney trips!

The best part is, I didn't tell my wife or kids. We never told the children in the first place b/c we didn't know if it could happen, but I know my wife was very excited to tell them and equally depressed when it didn't work out work-wise. So, now I am awaiting our ME packet and will break it to them that way. I'm even going to book the flights, etc., without telling anybody. I am actually going to wait a few days on the flights b/c I am hoping the 6th night will show up at either BCV or BWV (long shot) on either points or cash. It's one night, can't hurt to wait a few days!!
OMG THAT IS AWESOME! ! ! ! I wish my DH would do that ... I'd leave tommorrow
__________________
There is only 1 thing I love more than holding my DD's hand.. It is holding her hand and watching her grow up. ... added a new DD for double the fun!


sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #5
sweetdana
DIS Veteran
 
sweetdana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,667

ust book the 1 night as a room only (discount or no discount) and keep your wl and buy your flights.
__________________
There is only 1 thing I love more than holding my DD's hand.. It is holding her hand and watching her grow up. ... added a new DD for double the fun!


sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #6
mjc2003
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 1,227

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdana View Post
ust book the 1 night as a room only (discount or no discount) and keep your wl and buy your flights.

The room we have for the first 5 nights is currently not available discount or not. I asked MS if that would change, as I'm a bit unclear as to how cash inventory in the villas works, but figure it won't be. I think my only chance is going to be a cancelation.

However, another intriguing option is that there is a club concierge room at BC the night in question, I know it's not a villa but it might be nice for a night before we leave. Of course that room was available yesterday, but now I can't get on the reservation site.....so I'm in a holding pattern.
__________________
mjc2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #7
a742246
older than dirt
 
a742246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vermont
Posts: 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc2003 View Post
The room we have for the first 5 nights is currently not available discount or not. I asked MS if that would change, as I'm a bit unclear as to how cash inventory in the villas works, but figure it won't be. I think my only chance is going to be a cancelation.

However, another intriguing option is that there is a club concierge room at BC the night in question, I know it's not a villa but it might be nice for a night before we leave. Of course that room was available yesterday, but now I can't get on the reservation site.....so I'm in a holding pattern.
I don't know if this will help you but southwest air is having a big sale on certain dates, you may want to see if you can take advantage of them.
Sale is thru Thursday.
a742246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #8
Greysword

DIS Dad #618
Fantasmic is not rainbows and unicorns; it is a full contact sport
 
Greysword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: now in Oregon
Posts: 2,030

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc2003 View Post
We vowed never to pay cash again at WDW since we became DVC members, but one thing we have learned is that vows and promises tend to be broken when it comes to our Disney trips!
"the code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules."

Another "outside the box" option may be to spend the last night at the airport Hyatt. This way you can stay late at the parks, take ME to the airport, and be there for your flight the next day without the extra travel time in the morning.
__________________
- Chris, DIS Dad #618.



Greysword is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.