DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
mjc2003
DIS Veteran

so much for taking a year off!!!

We had decided this was our "year off" from WDW, we just moved, had a baby, etc..., and of course couldn't squeeze in a trip. Well, we got close to our normal November trip time and started to collectively groan. So, we did some looking on another site (since nothing is left on points) and found an amazing SSR deal...it was a week before we were looking to go, but sometimes you have to be flexible. Alas, my wife's boss said "NO!" for her to take off that week, it's just too busy and she's going to be returning from a week of work travel right before, so we had to say no to the great offer and go back to having long faces.

Yesterday afternoon, right before MS closed, I called and asked if there was anything at BCV for early November, for the week I knew my wife COULD take off. Of course there isn't, online availability showed a spare day or two but nothing for 5+ days. Well, as luck would have it, they had a cash 1 bedroom with the member discount for 5 consecutive nights! We vowed never to pay cash again at WDW since we became DVC members, but one thing we have learned is that vows and promises tend to be broken when it comes to our Disney trips!

The best part is, I didn't tell my wife or kids. We never told the children in the first place b/c we didn't know if it could happen, but I know my wife was very excited to tell them and equally depressed when it didn't work out work-wise. So, now I am awaiting our ME packet and will break it to them that way. I'm even going to book the flights, etc., without telling anybody. I am actually going to wait a few days on the flights b/c I am hoping the 6th night will show up at either BCV or BWV (long shot) on either points or cash. It's one night, can't hurt to wait a few days!!
Old 10-09-2012, 12:29 PM   #2
shortypots
DIS Veteran

That's awesome. Sending pixie dust your way for the extra night!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #3
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

I hope your extra night comes through! Sounds like a much needed getaway.
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc2003 View Post
We had decided this was our "year off" from WDW, we just moved, had a baby, etc..., and of course couldn't squeeze in a trip. Well, we got close to our normal November trip time and started to collectively groan. So, we did some looking on another site (since nothing is left on points) and found an amazing SSR deal...it was a week before we were looking to go, but sometimes you have to be flexible. Alas, my wife's boss said "NO!" for her to take off that week, it's just too busy and she's going to be returning from a week of work travel right before, so we had to say no to the great offer and go back to having long faces.

Yesterday afternoon, right before MS closed, I called and asked if there was anything at BCV for early November, for the week I knew my wife COULD take off. Of course there isn't, online availability showed a spare day or two but nothing for 5+ days. Well, as luck would have it, they had a cash 1 bedroom with the member discount for 5 consecutive nights! We vowed never to pay cash again at WDW since we became DVC members, but one thing we have learned is that vows and promises tend to be broken when it comes to our Disney trips!

The best part is, I didn't tell my wife or kids. We never told the children in the first place b/c we didn't know if it could happen, but I know my wife was very excited to tell them and equally depressed when it didn't work out work-wise. So, now I am awaiting our ME packet and will break it to them that way. I'm even going to book the flights, etc., without telling anybody. I am actually going to wait a few days on the flights b/c I am hoping the 6th night will show up at either BCV or BWV (long shot) on either points or cash. It's one night, can't hurt to wait a few days!!
OMG THAT IS AWESOME! ! ! ! I wish my DH would do that ... I'd leave tommorrow

sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #5
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

ust book the 1 night as a room only (discount or no discount) and keep your wl and buy your flights.

sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #6
mjc2003
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdana View Post
ust book the 1 night as a room only (discount or no discount) and keep your wl and buy your flights.

The room we have for the first 5 nights is currently not available discount or not. I asked MS if that would change, as I'm a bit unclear as to how cash inventory in the villas works, but figure it won't be. I think my only chance is going to be a cancelation.

However, another intriguing option is that there is a club concierge room at BC the night in question, I know it's not a villa but it might be nice for a night before we leave. Of course that room was available yesterday, but now I can't get on the reservation site.....so I'm in a holding pattern.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #7
a742246
older than dirt

Quote:
The room we have for the first 5 nights is currently not available discount or not. I asked MS if that would change, as I'm a bit unclear as to how cash inventory in the villas works, but figure it won't be. I think my only chance is going to be a cancelation.

However, another intriguing option is that there is a club concierge room at BC the night in question, I know it's not a villa but it might be nice for a night before we leave. Of course that room was available yesterday, but now I can't get on the reservation site.....so I'm in a holding pattern.
I don't know if this will help you but southwest air is having a big sale on certain dates, you may want to see if you can take advantage of them.
Sale is thru Thursday.
a742246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #8
Greysword

DIS Dad #618
Fantasmic is not rainbows and unicorns; it is a full contact sport

Quote:
We vowed never to pay cash again at WDW since we became DVC members, but one thing we have learned is that vows and promises tend to be broken when it comes to our Disney trips!
"the code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules."

Another "outside the box" option may be to spend the last night at the airport Hyatt. This way you can stay late at the parks, take ME to the airport, and be there for your flight the next day without the extra travel time in the morning.
- Chris, DIS Dad #618.

Greysword is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: