DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
dsnyl4nd
Earning My Ears

Moving from WDW hotel to BCV & suggestions for WDW hotel

Do they still offer to move your luggage if you are moving from a WDW hotel to a DVC unit? What is the procedure?

We need to find an economical place to stay for 9 of us (mixed group of 5 family members, plus one family of 4), for 2 nights before our BCV 2-bedroom unit, 5-night stay. Any suggestions?
dsnyl4nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran

DVC is still basically a WDW Hotel, so yes they will transfer between the two. Either you call and have a porter pick up your luggage from your room or you drop it off at the bell stand yourself. You let them know where what hotel you are moving to and they will transfer the luggage for you. They only do this once during the day so it will not be to the second hotel until 3 or 4 in the afternoon. If you have items that need to be keep cold or frozen, mark those and let them know then they pick them up (or you drop them off). At the second resort, once you are in your room you can either call for them to deliver or you can pick your luggage up from the bell stand. If you have them pick up and deliver they will expect a gratuity.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnyl4nd View Post
Do they still offer to move your luggage if you are moving from a WDW hotel to a DVC unit? What is the procedure?

We need to find an economical place to stay for 9 of us (mixed group of 5 family members, plus one family of 4), for 2 nights before our BCV 2-bedroom unit, 5-night stay. Any suggestions?
Port Orleans Riverside sleeps 5 with trundel bed. Depending on time of year you can get some good discounts.Of course you would need two rooms. New Art of Animation has suites and std rooms .
WILDERNESS FAN 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Considering the size of your group, you may want to check the price of the member discount for two cash nights in the same BCV two-bedroom. It may be close enough to what you'd wind up paying for multiple hotel rooms to be worth not having to move.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #5
dsnyl4nd
Earning My Ears

BirdsofPreyDave: how do I find the discount price? Is that when you buy one-time use points ($15 per point), or something else? Thanks.
dsnyl4nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #6
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnyl4nd View Post
BirdsofPreyDave: how do I find the discount price? Is that when you buy one-time use points ($15 per point), or something else? Thanks.
I believe BirdsOfPreyDave is referring to the Member Cash discount of 25% off rack rates. The member cash discount is not always available.

You can only purchase up to 24 One-Time-Use Vacation points once per UY.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: