Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #16
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
You guys are awesome! thanks

To be at mK for 830am what time should we leave??

are u dropped off right at mk gate? have never stayed onsite before
You are dropped off just to the right of the Main Gate.

If you want to be at the Main Gate at 8:30, I would be at the bus stop by 7:15-7:30.

If your BBB appointment is at 8:30, I would be at the bus stop by 7-7:15.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #17
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
You are dropped off just to the right of the Main Gate.

If you want to be at the Main Gate at 8:30, I would be at the bus stop by 7:15-7:30.

If your BBB appointment is at 8:30, I would be at the bus stop by 7-7:15.
Her appointment is at 8:50. I think getting to the bus stop a 75 minutes before is overkill. She should be fine if she's there by 8:00 and she'll catch the next bus which will be no more than 20 minutes after the hour, a 15 minute ride and she's there by 8:35. It will take less than 15 minutes to walk to the gate, go through and get to the castle. If she's super nervous, she could be at the bus stop by 7:45.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 12:18 AM   #18
cel_disney
DIS Veteran

I agree on the bus departure time of just before 8.

To answer a previous question about the tram..you can walk the stroller to the parking lot instead of taking the tram....by the end of the night we are usually very tired and pushing the loaded stroller is often dreadful (stroller plus kids is almost 130lbs for us), but if the kids are awake, I usually hope on the tram with them and let dad walk with an empty stroller to the car! This usually works out for us since they would get woken up to get in seatbelts anyway...ironically - we do this more at other parks as we walk from BLT/CR or bus to MK only!!!

When you get to the main entrance and go thru bag check, you will probably want to get to the left hand side and look for reservation check in...someone will have to confirm your name to let you into the park early. You should be there by 8:30 giving you plenty of time to deal with the rope drop crowd...

There are dining reservations earlier than your BBB appt so don't worry about the resort busses if you stay at AoA!
cel_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:29 AM   #19
~Tonga Wingo~
A.K.A Mrs. Dale

I always drive and prefer to do so. I like to know that we can leave when we want and go somewhere else quickly. I don't have to worry about catching the bus, whether I need to get off at a resort and connect to another bus etc.

WDW Commando Member #143
-----------------------------------------------
Latest Trips: June 2010 ASMo / May 2011 Pop / June 2012 Music / Oct 2013 POR

Upcoming trip!! AKL - Nov 2014
~Tonga Wingo~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:35 AM   #20
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tonga Wingo~ View Post
I always drive and prefer to do so. I like to know that we can leave when we want and go somewhere else quickly. I don't have to worry about catching the bus, whether I need to get off at a resort and connect to another bus etc.
Why would you ever have to connect to another bus? Do you know how the WDW bus system works? FTR, I always have a car and I always take the bus to the MK for the reasons I stated upthread.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:34 AM   #21
cel_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tonga Wingo~
Unless you are going to Dtd or a water park you shouldn't have to change busses....and it doesn't sound at all like the OP is planning to do that....

But to take a car to MK you are still essentially transferring anyway since you have to take the ferry or monorail (closes early so mostly ferry) out to the tic and then transfer to your car ( walking or tram) to leave.....
Old 10-10-2012, 08:17 AM   #22
princessap
DIS Veteran

do u mean the monorail will be closed after wishes?? how would we get back to the poly then?? that is my whole reason for booking there and if it isnt operating at night I will rethink it.
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:36 AM   #23
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
do u mean the monorail will be closed after wishes?? how would we get back to the poly then?? that is my whole reason for booking there and if it isnt operating at night I will rethink it.
You can take the boat. And I believe they also have buses running to Poly and GF when they shut down the monorail.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:14 AM   #24
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap
The Poly? I don't remember that on your list of possibilities. There is a small boat that runs from the MK to the Poly. IIRC you need to fold strollers on it.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #25
beef5stew
Earning My Ears

I have a cars room booked for a 10/19 checkin. Here is my dilemma, i would like to add special requests for the room (1st floor, close to transportation) but i dont know if i can do this, or if this guidance is a good idea.
beef5stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:18 PM   #26
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef5stew View Post
I have a cars room booked for a 10/19 checkin. Here is my dilemma, i would like to add special requests for the room (1st floor, close to transportation) but i dont know if i can do this, or if this guidance is a good idea.
You sure can add those requests. Just remember they are only reqeusts, not guaranteed. Just call CRO and have them add your requests to your reservation.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #27
cel_disney
DIS Veteran

The resort monorail runs longer than the express monorail but its INSANELY crowded after wishes...this is why CR is so great because you can walk back for only about 5 minutes longer than going to the monorail y
Track. We have stayed T the poly before - the boat is the fastest and most reliable way back, alternatively we walk from the TTC after the ferry ride...

Getting to the monorail station from most rooms at the poly with a stroller can be exhausting...
Old 10-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #28
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
The monorail runs an hour after the park closes. We have found that if we stay until the park closes even the resort monorail is packed so it's sometimes faster to take the boat back to the Poly.
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: