Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 09:16 AM   #1
kyomagi
Mouseketeer

What a crazy trip+ a few things a learned

Well, that was a fun/different trip.

I'll start off with each day

Day 1 - Nothing unusual here. Landed, got the car, went to walmart to get food and proceed to the hotel....which is 6 miles away. Whatever, no big deal. Get to the room, smaller than we thought featured a kitchenette, which was basically in the second room with a pull out couch, not too much of a big deal since we hardly stayed in the room with exception of 1 day.

Day 2 - Blizzard beach. Cold and windy. Holy crap, it was 70 but the wind made it feel like 50, we only spent about 2 hours in this park, but i did get over my fear of tobogan racers. Disney quest and splitsville were fun that night. Unfortunatly, my wifes grandmother (who had a stroke + mini heart attack days before we left) passed away. So it was a sad ending to that night, but the trooper my wife is, she still had a good time that night and the whole trip

All the tickets were 60% off since my friend knew cast members. That was a mistake relying on them to get us tickets. Friend made it sound so simple.

Day 3 - Magic Kingdom - trouble arises. We get to the MK around 10am. We dont actually enter the park until 12:30. i am a little pissed as the park closed at 11 that day. but even though we were late, we still had a good time. Rode BTMR, rode all the other rides except SpaceM and SplashM, too packed for Space and Splash we were in line for when it started to down pour. Fine, no big deal, actually made the day cooler, and we were in doors eating when the big rain happened. Got great seats for the parade and fireworks. Wife got a great shot

Day 4 - Epcot - Start to realize i should have bought my own tickets.
Well. got to epcot around 11:30, entered the park at 1. Ok, whatever, last time we went to epcot we were done in a few hours and saw everything. Not this time. Basically was fine up until we got to Japan, the friends of my friend said they had 50% vouchers for any eatery in Epcot, which chose Japan. Food was great, but we spent 1.5 hours there, killing most of the day, plus we had to get back to the fast track for fastpass. When we got the bill, the 50% was only good during lunch hours, which was clearly printed on the voucher when i looked. A $30 meal turned to $60. Meh, whatever, i brought a ton of money.

Get to test track and convince friend who has a fast pass but is terrified of roller coasters to get on. big...big BIG mistake. There was scream, irrational mumblings and crying. Commence hilarity. When she got off the tears turned to laughter and we basically made fun of her the rest of the trip. Well worth it.

We rode one last ride and the girls went to Italy before the fireworks started. end day 3.

Day 4 - Magic kingdom, more waiting, wife gets sick, was there a freaking typhoon that hit us??

well what an interesting day. Seems that day was a black out for cast members to get free tickets. After waiting 1.5 hours for the CM to get there, we had to wait another 30 for him to resolve the issue and got us comp tickets, with reentry through out the day, which came in real handy.

Friend and i get over to SpaceM to get fast passes. I was going to do this thing that day too. Start heading back to shops to meet wife and other friend, then suddenly, screaming, a wall of water hit us. My friend is in a wheel chair, but can walk (3rd degree blackbelt.) because of physical disabilities. He stands up and the wind promptly removed his poncho and soaked him. I got a little wet in my shorts, but not much. We meet my wife and other friend who did not get wet, but i realized that my wife was not feeling well. Bad head cold, which i have now. Gee, thanks.

We are stuck inside the hotdog place for 2 hours before we finally get to leave. As soon as we get on to the ferry, clouds go away and sun comes out. Figures. We get home and spent the day nursing my wife. Around 10pm she takes more meds and starts to feel much much better. We decide to go back to MK, which was open until 1 pm. Had a great time at night. Did a few rides including HM, PoTC, Teacups and BTMR, which stopped at every peak. im afraid of heights. !@#$%.

We did some shopping and left around two. Good times.

Day 5 - Typhoon Lagoon time? Nope, too cold. Holy crap it was COLD. i think it did not even get past 68 degrees that day, and it was windy. We ended up spending the day at DTD and spending some cash. went back home and just relaxed. Thus ending our trip. The next day we went home. Spirit was late by 15 minutes getting us into the air, but landed on time in Detroit. Weird.

Well That was our trip. We decided to go back in may of next year with new found knowledge for our 4th trip.

Things i learned this time at disney
1.) Dont go in march and expect to have time for WP's.
2.) Dont rely of friends of friends to get us into the parks cheap, much rather have paid the extra 200 and went whenever we felt like it.
3.) Stay on disney prop. Thanks to a book my wife bought called the dark side of disney, i know now of DVC exchange. Im going to take advantage of that deal
4.) Pick a day disney is open late for resort people, and go at 2-3pm instead of early morning. Way too much fun at night and the lines are way quicker during the parade/fireworks.

Thanks for reading my wall of text

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: