Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #16
wishing4PA
Wants to be in Pennsylvania or WDW or PA or WDW or ... and stuck smack dab in the middle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWHarpua View Post
My plan has been to bring shorts for each day and one pair of pants just in case we have a cool day. Should I split this more half and half?

As a New Englander, I'm used to wearing shorts into the high 60's, but I've heard that it can get down into the 50's at night in Orlando.
Na, don't go half and half. Wear the pants and jacket for your flight, and if you have to re-wear you can. No reason you can't be "that guy" in shorts while the thin-blooded have their parkas on -- in the event of a cold snap. It'll probably be warm enough, seriously.

Oh, and yeah, like the PP said, just double-check the 10 or 15 day forecast.
* 7/2013 (YC with DD), 1/2012 (Poly - me, DD, DN, DN, DSis, thanks! ), 7/2010 (FW - the Poly5+Mom), 2/2009 (DD4 & DH's 1st visit! ASMo), Day trip ~1990, Overnight "Jazz Night" with HS band (1978?), ~10 Day trips in 1970's-80's (E tickets!)
* Disney World Preview Center (1970?) An amusement park here, in the middle of nowhere, far from the beaches, nowhere near anything, even dinky little Orlando? That'll never fly!
wishing4PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #17
mouseketeermama
Mouseketeer

I live 20 mins from the parks and it is HOT! Expect 70 in the early morning, with it heating up to sweltering by 10 am. We have been in the high 80-90s for the last month or so. There is no sign of a break in the heat happening anytime soon. I wouldn't even bother with pants unless you have a nice dinner planned.

Just a married to my raising our littleand tiny
mouseketeermama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #18
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

We go in October almost every time. We are usually great with shorts and tshirts and take a hooded sweatshirt and a pair of jeans just in case the weather forecast calls for it one evening.

In 2008, there was a crazy cold snap and we were hunting for gloves and hats and wearing layers and layers of clothes. In 2010 there were a few days it was terribly hot.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #19
luvmikids
DIS Veteran

I don't care about the weather, just hoping it doesn't RAIN!!!!! We are going the 22-31 and it looks like rain 5 out of the 8 days((( so sad. Any words of positive thinking disers?

luvmikids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #20
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmikids View Post
I don't care about the weather, just hoping it doesn't RAIN!!!!! We are going the 22-31 and it looks like rain 5 out of the 8 days((( so sad. Any words of positive thinking disers?

It's WAY too early to be watching the weather, honestly. If you are using accuweather, they aren't usually that accurate this far out. You are better off looking at the local forecast and going from there.

Plus, FL calls for rain a lot, but that could mean a scattered shower here and there. One trip it called for rain every day, and we got misted on one morning out of a 9 day trip.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #21
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Predictions that far out are not any more accurate a guess than who will win the next presidential election.

I'm there with you -- 21st through 30th. I'm requesting either Sago or Conch -- but, might upgrade last minute to TPV -- depends on my mood when I get there. My niece doesn't care where we are "its the GF, I don't care if we look over the trashcans"

Tom
Old 10-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #22
2binak
DVC Owner

Fellow New Englander here We wear jeans with long-sleeved tees & sweatshirts on the plane and then change into shorts & short-sleeved tees when we arrive in Orlando. We can usually wear shorts & short-sleeved tees throughout the day & night, but have needed a light sweatshirt or jacket on occasion in late October.

11/90 Offsite, 11/97 PO, 5/99 DL, 1/00 CS, 1/04 PC, 12/05 SSR, 5/07 AKL, 10/08 SSR, 5/09 POFQ, 11/09 AKV Kidani, 11/10 AKV Kidani, 10/11 BWV, 10/12 BWV, 11/13 AKV Kidani, 5/14 BLT, 11/14 BWV
2binak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:13 AM   #23
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
We were down there last month (Sept 1st-8th). I was upset the weather forcast called for rain or thunderstorms every single day, all the way up until the night before we left. I thought it was going to be one wet/soggy trip. In actuallity it only rained on us two different days and that was for less than an hour and both times were at night. The first night we got caught was when we were coming out of House of Blues and had to make a run for it. The second time was at Epcot. We had taken the boat at the International Gateway over to Kouzzinas at the BW for an early dinner, planning to return in time for Illuminations. When we came out it was pouring down rain. Unfortunately we had left our rental car over in the Epcot parking lot, so had to walk all the way back over to the International Gateway (boats didn't seem to be running) and then all the way back through Epcot in the rain. The rain stopped just as we pulled into the AKL parking lot. Despite the forcast calling for some pretty bad storms before we left and rain every single day, those two evenings were the only times we saw rain all week.

A few years ago, we checked the forcast just before we left and it called for rain every single day. We only saw rain one afternoon for about thirty minutes that entire trip. The rest of the week was perfect weather. A hurricane was stalled right off the coast, so we had nice breezes, but only that one 30 minute shower all week.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:00 AM   #24
luvmikids
DIS Veteran

Thanks for words of encouragement! Hoping the rain will hold off. I know florida is filled with quick showers just want perfection

luvmikids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: