Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #1
MomRN
DIS Veteran

Public urination at Disney???

We recently spent a week at Disney and had a great time. Sept 30 (Sunday) was our Epcot day. We were going around the world when we decided to stop, get a drink, and relax for a few moments. While turning the corner by some benches we saw a man removing his belt and starting to unzip his zipper. My husband stood a few feet away preparing to say something if the pants started coming off (he wasn't sure if he was just adjusting his belt at first), the teenage girls (18 and 17) were making loud comments while I distracted the 6 year old.

After a minute of fumbling, there were two younger guys there that went up to the guy and said something to the offender. He buckled it up and went about his way. A few minutes later security was swarming, I'm assuming looking for the man (he was about 20 feet from a food and wine booth, and in full view of those employees).

So, we sit there, and another lady who was present during the ordeal says "I don't know why people bring children here. This isn't a place for kids." I'm assuming she meant during food and wine, but I didn't get into this discussion with her.

Anyway, I believe there is a place for those that enjoy a drink and kids to enjoy Epcot, but parents beware of those who may have had too many.

Has anyone else had any experiences like this at Disney?
MomRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
laceemouse
DIS Veteran

Have heard of this before but never seen it. We do not drink and are not a fan of drinking. I know most people see alcohol as "good clean fun" but it just seems like a huge percentage of the people that do it can't do it in moderation.
I am glad security was called on this guy.
This is, honestly, one of the reasons we have never gone for food and wine (although we would love to try the food!)
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
michellejed
DIS Veteran

Just wonder why you assume this was drink related? People of all backgrounds think nothing of peeing in public or some what public places. Ever been on a golf course?

I do not agree that it is alright to do and would have said something to the man myself!

One September we saw a mother pull a kids pants down for him to go in the bushes! He was about 5 and didn't seem to mind but the CM that walked by did mind and told the mother where the nearest bathroom was!
michellejed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #4
MommyBell08
DIS Veteran

OMGosh. Some people. How gross!

ASMo'04*O.S.'06*POP'07*POP'09*CSR'09*AKV'11(KV)*AK V'12*OKW'12*AKV'14,SSR'14 OHANA

MommyBell08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #5
bankgirl05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellejed View Post
Just wonder why you assume this was drink related? People of all backgrounds think nothing of peeing in public or some what public places. Ever been on a golf course?

I do not agree that it is alright to do and would have said something to the man myself!

One September we saw a mother pull a kids pants down for him to go in the bushes! He was about 5 and didn't seem to mind but the CM that walked by did mind and told the mother where the nearest bathroom was!
last year, while at AK, my 5 year old "really had to go" ... my DH asked where the bathroom was to take him and I pointed "it's right over there" (across the path and around some bushes) WELL... the next thing you know, DS walks over to the bushes and goes before we could even stop him. (possibly because we were laughing so hard...)

Would I ever intentionally tell my DS to go outside? NO!!! Would I ever want to see a grown man relieving himself in public? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! But that moment was just too funny not to laugh at...

And that folks, was MY most embarrassing Disney Moment.
bankgirl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #6
ccgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomRN View Post
We recently spent a week at Disney and had a great time. Sept 30 (Sunday) was our Epcot day. We were going around the world when we decided to stop, get a drink, and relax for a few moments. While turning the corner by some benches we saw a man removing his belt and starting to unzip his zipper. My husband stood a few feet away preparing to say something if the pants started coming off (he wasn't sure if he was just adjusting his belt at first), the teenage girls (18 and 17) were making loud comments while I distracted the 6 year old.

After a minute of fumbling, there were two younger guys there that went up to the guy and said something to the offender. He buckled it up and went about his way. A few minutes later security was swarming, I'm assuming looking for the man (he was about 20 feet from a food and wine booth, and in full view of those employees).

So, we sit there, and another lady who was present during the ordeal says "I don't know why people bring children here. This isn't a place for kids." I'm assuming she meant during food and wine, but I didn't get into this discussion with her.

Anyway, I believe there is a place for those that enjoy a drink and kids to enjoy Epcot, but parents beware of those who may have had too many.

Has anyone else had any experiences like this at Disney?
Unfortunately, yes, during F&W as well. Along with a fair amount of vomitting both in the restrooms and on the sidewalks. Honestly, at night I don't think it's a good place for children. Not that children shouldn't be there; just that I have seen too many stumbling drunk idiots that I would rather not expose my children to.
Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2503063
Oct 2011 - F&W AKL and BCV
May 2012 - HGVC SeaWorld
ccgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:36 PM   #7
shelbyf31
Mouseketeer

We were in Tomorrow Land in January and I saw a girl about 10 years old squat down in the middle of the sidewalk and go. She was in a dress so at least she wasn't naked. Still it was disgusting and her parents were no where to be found.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #8
MomRN
DIS Veteran

OP here- when my ds was 3 we were at Holiday World, right in the middle of everything, looking at the map and making a plan when we look down and ds was relieving himself. OMG, it was so embarassing.

This, however, was a grown man. I have never been to a golf course, and now I'm not sure I want to! I thought it might be a cultural thing at first, but after watching the man stumble away, I can say pretty certainly there was alcohol involved- though I didn't get close enough to tell!
MomRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #9
CPT Tripss
DIS Veteran

Does NOLA have a booth this year?
Old 10-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #10
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

The last time we visited World Showcase in EPCOT, was a Saturday where we were subjected to 2 wedding parties that we OBSCENELY drunk & obnoxiuos. We will never, ever head there on a weekend again, there were no problems in Future World that day, but World Showcase was a mess
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #11
laceemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT Tripss View Post
Does NOLA have a booth this year?
hehehehehehehehe
Old 10-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #12
laceemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankgirl05 View Post
last year, while at AK, my 5 year old "really had to go" ... my DH asked where the bathroom was to take him and I pointed "it's right over there" (across the path and around some bushes) WELL... the next thing you know, DS walks over to the bushes and goes before we could even stop him. (possibly because we were laughing so hard...)

Would I ever intentionally tell my DS to go outside? NO!!! Would I ever want to see a grown man relieving himself in public? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! But that moment was just too funny not to laugh at...

And that folks, was MY most embarrassing Disney Moment.
Kids are different, but still
Old 10-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #13
laceemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsneprincess View Post
The last time we visited World Showcase in EPCOT, was a Saturday where we were subjected to 2 wedding parties that we OBSCENELY drunk & obnoxiuos. We will never, ever head there on a weekend again, there were no problems in Future World that day, but World Showcase was a mess
See, Disney should do something about this.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:17 PM   #14
melancholywings
How do you prepare for a bank full of nuns?
'I'm thinking of a disney character'

I've seen it at Disneyland at the quick service restaurant right next to where they do Jedi Training. She put the kid (maybe 4) up on the restaurant table pulled his pants down and told him to pee into an empty coke bottle. She wasn't alone and the bathrooms are right near there.

Would you like some pee with that burger?
melancholywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #15
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

People are gross and unforunately it happens in Disney. Won't be my kid!

I've been BOO'ed by GoofyinToronto!
pigletgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: