DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
Snoozan
Really IS a good girl!
Mine was dark brown garbage bag

Do you do on-line check-in? First stay at OKW

I'll be at OKW come 10/22 and see I can do on-line check-in. I have HH requested and does show on my reservation. I also have it noted that I'd like a high floor. Should I do my check-in beforehand? Or just wait till I'm there? I usually ask about locations when I'm actually at the front desk and have been known to get a different room than the one originally assigned me.
Snoozan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #2
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

If you want to try to change your room then don't do online check in.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
auralia
DIS Veteran

Not to hijack your thead but I have pretty much the same question. My reservation is for OKW HH studio and I really NEED a ground floor(it is in the requests). We are checking in About 11pm on November 30. Am I better off not using online check in? I need ground floor because I have wrist problems and a 1 year old and odds are if I have to carry him and/or my double stroller up and down the stairs after a day or two my wrists will start giving out.

I never mentioned the reason i want a ground floor room to disney. Should I? Would they note it and therefore increase my chances of getting it?

Thanks!
Old 10-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #4
Brenle
DIS Veteran

I did on-line check in last November. Did get my room request. However, when I stepped onto the balcony, my only view was trees 2 feet from me. The man from bell services was still with us and asked if the room was okay. It wasn't, so he called the front desk and we got moved to another room. View was perfect. But when we checked the bedrooms we realized the room wasn't cleaned yet!!! So off we were to our third and final location. They were very accommodating.

Also be aware at OKW the buildings have different configurations. So if you're in a two bedroom lockoff there may not be one available on the first floor, etc.
Brenle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #5
CRobin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralia
Not to hijack your thead but I have pretty much the same question. My reservation is for OKW HH studio and I really NEED a ground floor(it is in the requests). We are checking in About 11pm on November 30. Am I better off not using online check in? I need ground floor because I have wrist problems and a 1 year old and odds are if I have to carry him and/or my double stroller up and down the stairs after a day or two my wrists will start giving out.

I never mentioned the reason i want a ground floor room to disney. Should I? Would they note it and therefore increase my chances of getting it?

Thanks!
For your noted reasons, you should call MS and request the ground floor for medical reasons. Don't try to do it online.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
CRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #6
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

All OKW buildings are 2 or 3 story. Of the Near HH buildings, only 14 has studios or 1 bedrooms on the 3rd floor.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=146435

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: