Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
candkmac1021
Earning My Ears

Thinking of switching WCC for Trails End

I am seeing the new menu selections and reviews and I am not sure that I want to stick with WCC. Trails End has an opening and the menu looks decent. Any opinions?

Thanks!

DVC since March 2010!
candkmac1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by candkmac1021 View Post
I am seeing the new menu selections and reviews and I am not sure that I want to stick with WCC. Trails End has an opening and the menu looks decent. Any opinions?

Thanks!
My bet is that you will have quite a few people on here tell you to go ahead and switch to TE.

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

We had lunch at Trail's End last month and loved it! They had some unique menu selections, the food was great, and our server was great too.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #4
luvlumpy
Mouseketeer

We just did this exact thing last week. We had an ADR for WCC, but I just wasn't interested. We stayed at the WL, so thought we'd try Trail's End. We were pleasantly surprised. The dinner buffet was very good. They had fried chicken, salmon, baked chicken, ribs, beef tenderloin, salads, chili, baked potatoes, mashed potatoes w gravy, veggies, pasta bar, skillet corn bread, soft serve ice cream and lots of yummy desserts. Our server asked dh if he wanted some cowboy beans from the kitchen, but weren't on the buffet. He said they were great. I'm assuming they were from the HDDR. DD12 was brought a piece of strawberry shortcake for her bday. It was very laid back and relaxing. Checkers and rocking chairs outside as you wait, as well as a walk up bar. We would do it again for sure!
Old 10-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #5
Kimberle
WL Vet

I love Trails End! And the price is more reasonable than WCC.
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #6
mullysisters
Mouseketeer

Love TE

I chose TE for the boat ride from MK! I really enjoy transportation options.
The restaurant is nice and relaxing (as opposed to WCC-yikes!) The food was hot and tasty. Selection was better than WCC. Service was ranch-style friendly. The coffee was good too. There is a boat to WL and one to CR/MK for the return trip. Please try it

May 2014 - AoA solo trip!
Next trip 2015, spring or December? Hopefully with DSis.
mullysisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #7
hidmickey:myantidrug
DIS Veteran

Never been to WCC, but TE is our absolute favorite. The food makes me wish that my stomach were four times its size (though it usually is by the time we leave ) and the general atmosphere of the fort is unbeatable, in my opinion.
hidmickey:myantidrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #8
candkmac1021
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone! I decided to make the switch - there was a 7PM opening still available at TE on 10/29 so I lucked out! Excited to try something new

DVC since March 2010!
candkmac1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:53 PM   #9
Melissabo
Mouseketeer

I just switched too. The menu and pictures from WCC didn't look that great to me. I saw some pictures of the food and I wasn't looking forward to it. Trails End looks to be right next to where we will be taking a sleigh ride that evening as well.
Melissabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #10
Leota
DIS Veteran

They serve the same fried chicken as Hoop De Doo & that be some mighty fine chicken!

At lunch, they serve it with waffles

FW is a great place to stroll, bike or hayride around while you are there too.
*~* Offsite 1973 ~ Fort Wilderness Cabins 1993,1995,1998 ~Disneyland, Offsite, 1997,1998 ~ All-Star Sports 1999 ~ Beach Club 2000 ~ Wilderness Lodge 2001 ~ Polynesian/Coronado Springs 2001 ~ Dolphin 2001 ~ Swan 2004 ~ Grand Floridian, Happy Haunts 2004 ~ Dolphin/Animal Kingdom Lodge 2005 ~ PO French Quarter 2005 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge / Swan 2005 ~ Swan 2006 ~ Swan 2006 ~ Dolphin 2007 ~Dolphin 2007 ~ Dolphin 2008 ~ Dolphin 2009 ~ Dolphin 2009 ~ Dolphin 2010 ~ Wyndham Lake Buena Vista 2011 ~ Windsor Hills 2011~ Swan 2012 ~ Bonnet Creek 2013 ~ Home from now on! *~*

Making our Florida Dreams Come True
Move In Day: June 10th, 2013.... Finally!!!

Leota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #11
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leota View Post
They serve the same fried chicken as Hoop De Doo & that be some mighty fine chicken!

This CM was tending to the line we were in while waiting for the boat to take us over to the Hoop De Doo .... in this picture, he was telling us all to ask their waiters to send him 3 pieces of the fried chicken because it's the best fried chicken.

IMGP7164 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Old 10-10-2012, 11:41 PM   #12
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

I have always been a big fan of WCC and often ordered something other than the skillet. But with the menu change they have lost this frequent diner. I think you made a wise choice by going to TE instead.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:38 AM   #13
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

I would say Trails End is one of the most overrated eateries on property

stay at WCC

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:31 PM   #14
patriciaofoz
Mouseketeer

Great to hear that TE has a lot of fans! We reserved a Christmas Day Lunch there. What are the must-eats? And I wonder if they'll have a special holiday menu for Christmas Day...
patriciaofoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:39 PM   #15
hidmickey:myantidrug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciaofoz
Great to hear that TE has a lot of fans! We reserved a Christmas Day Lunch there. What are the must-eats? And I wonder if they'll have a special holiday menu for Christmas Day...
Everything is a must eat for my group, but this food is all right up our alley. The chicken is yummy. The prime rib at the carving station is also delicious, and of the three times we've been, the person manning the station has always asked for temp preferences and even remembered our request when we came back. The salad bar has nice toppings if loading up is your style. The apple cobbler is also very very good, and this is coming from someone typically in the 'if-it-has-fruit-in-it-it-doesn't-count-as-dessert' camp. There is honestly nothing at the buffet that I would not eat again. This all being said, I think I've read around here that there is a separate Christmas menu, but I think some of the regulars will still be around. TE is our favorite restaurant, and I can't think of place in WDW I'd rather be on Christmas than the fort. Enjoy!

ETA: I'm now rereading that you're going to be there for lunch which is a la carte and not buffet. I think some of the buffet items are available during lunch though . Hopefully someone who's been around for lunch can come around and be more helpful than I am.
hidmickey:myantidrug is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: