Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #16
discookiemonsta
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADisneyQueen View Post
I've been to POP, ASM, and have walked over to AOA. With your kids' ages, I think they would like the theming at ASM better than POP. Would you feel disappointed if you walked over to AOA and wished you were staying there? I like POP b/c of the lakeview and we enjoyed eating at AOA a few times just for something different.
It sounds like a hard decision.
I think there may be a twinge of disappointment if we walked over to AoA and wished we were staying there. I think it's more the exitement of a new resort though! We go to Disney all the time so I know we will have more than one opportunity to stay at AoA and I think it would be much more fun for my girls to stay there during the warmer months when we could take full advantage of the pool/outdoor areas. IF this was a once in a lifetime trip, I certainly would be kicking myself right about now, but we do go to Disney once a year, so I'm hoping for a great bounceback offer to book AoA before we leave. That will give us something exciting to look forward to!!!

It is a hard desicion. I've asked my husband about it and he's happy with us trying out ASMo, so I think since there is no availability at AoA anyway, we will just say with ASMo.

Me(35) DH(35) DD(10) & DD(7)

discookiemonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #17
deserrai
DIS Veteran

I personally love ASMovies and my 3 year old girl adores it. I don't really think you can go wrong. We are staying in the LM rooms at AoA for this next trip just because they are new and we want to see them, but after that, I will be happy to go back to Movies.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #18
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

[QUOTE=Ali;46398282]I don't think the All stars are that much smaller that AoA or Pop. QUOTE]

I don't know about AoA but Pop has 1,000 more guests than AS, "cause it has the extra floor on each building.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #19
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

Room numbers trivia--AS have 1920 rooms each (but some have been converted to family suites now); Pop has 2880 rooms and AoA 2,000 suites + 864 rooms (If I read it correctly).
Old 10-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #20
discookiemonsta
Mouseketeer

From what I have read and understood is that all three AS resorts (Movies/Music and Sports) added together equal the size of POP, so that is why I was thinking that ASMo would be a lot smaller than what we are used to staying at POP, which would be a positive for us! Don't quote me though...english IS my second language so I may have misread/misunderstood about the resort sizes

Old 10-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #21
chimilady
DIS Veteran

With all of those considerations noted, I would stay put. 2 reasons

1) that's busy season, and I can't imagine them sharing busses since the parks will be filled to capacity.

2) I was just at AoA 3 weeks ago and the LM rooms are FAR from the bus stop. FAR! They are really really far out, and a good 5-8 minute walk, which may not seems far now, but at the end of a long day, it will be frustrating as heck! Movies is a lot smaller, and like you said, it will be new to you.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #22
smidgy
dimples

one year we had a room in the mighty ducks section which was great to have a pool right there without paying preferred price. and more often than not, we walked over to music to use their bus stop and food court!

Last edited by smidgy; 10-14-2012 at 02:55 AM.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #23
Texashokies
Disney Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissabo View Post
I really think the Allstars sharing buses thing gets way over blown. They only share when it is really slow and we never waited more than 5 min for a bus from anywhere. Even when they did share it literally is two minutes to drop off or pick up another resort and they are right in a row.

I was so anxious over buses when we were planning our trip to ASmovies and it was for nothing. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
I agree. The Pop buses were always crowded with people standing and it was normal to have to wait for a 2nd bus. The ASM buses were far less crowded. There were always dedicated buses going to the parks, and there were only shared buses returning to the resorts during non-peak times.
Texashokies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #24
discookiemonsta
Mouseketeer

I posted an update in the my 1st post!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: