Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 09:10 AM   #1
chimommy
Mouseketeer

Sept or december

We have gone in sept twice.... I love the low crowds... But thinking about going in early dec. what are crowds like early dec? How is the weather.
chimommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimommy View Post
We have gone in sept twice.... I love the low crowds... But thinking about going in early dec. what are crowds like early dec? How is the weather.
It's more crowded than September, but not bad. Weather is usually very nice, but it can get cold even in Florida. All of the decorations are up and it's a nice time to go.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
jdcthree is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!

Since you have been in September you will find early December pretty crowded. It's not Christmas week 10 crowded but its crowded. Gets more so every year. It's still a great time to go, the decorations are up and with a good plan you can still hit all the attractions without super long waits.

We go in September every year it really spoils you, nothing we have found compares to that low of crowds the next closest we have found is the week after Thanksgiving but that's one week and harder to hit for low crowds than the whole month of September. Based on what we have exprienced (almost every month of the year) early December isn't even in the 5 lowest crowd times for us anymore.
PIRATEGIRL007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #4
OceanAnnie
I guess I have a thing against maroon food
If they are well behaved I'm okay

We have been in Sept. and in Dec.. Dec. can be very nice and it can be very, very cold too! It just depends on what year you go. One year we went in Dec. and we wore shorts and swam. A few years later we went in Dec. and had to wear our heavy coats, hats, gloves, scarves -- the works! Bitter winds were blowing. It felt like the wind went right to your bones. I didn't care for that weather at all.

So in short, Dec.. can be dicey. If you do decide to go in Dec.. bring something for all kinds of weather. Even if the weather report for that area says warm, it can change. You don't want to be caught unprepared.

"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are." -- Anais Nin

"Some lived careful lives and some lived careless lives, and everything that happened could be explained by the differences between them." -- Anne Tyler

"When you are a hammer, everything is a nail." --- Unknown

OceanAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: