DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Workout options at BLT?

I'm trying to figure out my best options for getting a run or workout during our upcoming stay at BLT. I usually try to get a 4-5 mile run/walk in 4-5times a week and I'm not expecting to get all those in next week but I know I have to get at least 2-3 in (especially after eating some of my yummy b-day cake that I am getting from Chef Brian at the CR) I don't think BLT has an exercise room but I'm sure that CR does. What kind of equipment do they have there and what are the hours? Is there a good path that I can use to run/walk in the mornings (6-7 am?)

Thanks!
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #2
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Olympiad Fitness Center

Located on the third floor of the Contemporary Tower. This spa and salon offers massage therapy, skin care, body treatments, steam rooms, saunas and the latest in fitness equipment including free weights, treadmills, ellipticals, bicycles and stair climbers. Lockers are available.
Open from 6:00 a.m. through 9:00 p.m., the facility is available to Guests of Disney's Contemporary Resort 14 years of age. Guests 14-17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Spa services include a surcharge—starting at $50—and are by appointment during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. A personal trainer is also available by appointment.
There is a route mapped out available from the concierge because I've seen the signs around the resort.

I would suggest running from BLT to MK and then continue to the end of the path that runs along the lake and back to BLT. A couple of repeats of that route should get you some distance.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

CR has the typical equipment in the workout room but the room itself is kind of a cave. But certainly useable.

The route they set up around CR/BLT for a jogging path would require quite a few loops for you but is the other option - including bath and forth to the MK to increase the distance.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #4
HayGan

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Thanks for the info! Thinking of the MK as a destination will certainly help me keep me motivated to run the route a few times
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
Old 10-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #5
simmons_m
Mouseketeer

Couple of options...
Jogging route as described.
Boat to wilderness lodge or fort wilderness, and use their jogging path
Fitness center is at the contemporary, but be aware that the ceiling is about 7 or 8 ft high, it is my least favorite facility on property. Cave like as the previous poster stated.
You can also jump on the monorail, and jog around the poly/gf.
Have fun.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #6
butsy113
AKV Owner

I think a while back Robo posted some maps with jogging routes around the BC/YC that gave more of a distance. I think the longest route was 2.3 miles.Try to search for it.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #7
NewJerseyDVCMembers
One contract is never enough!

The biggest disappointment on property...

I can honestly say that Disney has never let us down as much as it did with the gym at BLT/CR. It is the absolute worst on property! Its location is terrible, sandwiched between two floors in the Contemporary, low ceilings, dark, not a window, small tight space, old equipment, just terrible over all.
The outdoor trails are good, not great, as you will find yourself dodging people on the marked trail, which is also the sidewalk around the tower.
After two days we drove over to the VWL and used the gym there, and the trails between VWL and FW. Its somewhat of a pain, but the trails are thru the woods and the gym is a million times better.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:40 AM   #8
HayGan

That's really disappointing to hear that the gym at CR is so awful. I think I'm going to stick to the trail and the path to/from MK. I should be out and back early enough that I don't have to dodge too many guests

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Next up:
Old 10-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #9
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayGan View Post
That's really disappointing to hear that the gym at CR is so awful. I think I'm going to stick to the trail and the path to/from MK. I should be out and back early enough that I don't have to dodge too many guests

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
My husband has used the CR exercise facilities in the past and he didn't think they were so awful. He'll be using the treadmill there on our upcoming trip because he needs to get in some miles to train for the Disney Half in January. You just can't get miles in at BLT unless you take the boat over to WL and run to FW. Even the Epcot resorts don't get many miles in unless you do numerous loops. If you are at SSR or OKW, you can run to either from the other and even add in the DTD area.

When you are running over to the MK, watch out for cars and buses.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: