Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 10:30 PM   #1
nilseks
DIS Veteran

Please help with WBC room request -- need quiet room

We just got our final payment info for WBC and if I'm reading correctly, I can now call and verify our room with WBC and make a room request because I should be in the system. We are renting a 2 BR deluxe.

I've read through seemingly a million threads about rooms/which tower, but we have some needs that may be different than most--as my oldest has sensory issues and OCD. He needs a place where he can wind down and go to sleep at the end of the day without outside noise that will distract him. We travel a lot and I know this is not guaranteed, lol, but I'd like to have the best possible chance of finding a quiet room. Also (and yes I know this is unusual) one of the things my son fixates on with his OCD is things that are damaged or have holes. So I would like to be in a tower that is most recently refurbished, so he's not fixating problems with the room, furniture, etc.

I know that generally the higher the floor, the quieter, but I read recently that the presidentials are all on higher floors so I'm guessing we will be pretty low to the ground. Therefore it would probably be best if we are facing a lake, away from a parking area, outdoor restaurant/bar, or pools.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated. Making it easier on our son makes it easier on the rest of us during the trip.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:43 AM   #2
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilseks View Post
We just got our final payment info for WBC and if I'm reading correctly, I can now call and verify our room with WBC and make a room request because I should be in the system. We are renting a 2 BR deluxe.

I've read through seemingly a million threads about rooms/which tower, but we have some needs that may be different than most--as my oldest has sensory issues and OCD. He needs a place where he can wind down and go to sleep at the end of the day without outside noise that will distract him. We travel a lot and I know this is not guaranteed, lol, but I'd like to have the best possible chance of finding a quiet room. Also (and yes I know this is unusual) one of the things my son fixates on with his OCD is things that are damaged or have holes. So I would like to be in a tower that is most recently refurbished, so he's not fixating problems with the room, furniture, etc.

I know that generally the higher the floor, the quieter, but I read recently that the presidentials are all on higher floors so I'm guessing we will be pretty low to the ground. Therefore it would probably be best if we are facing a lake, away from a parking area, outdoor restaurant/bar, or pools.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated. Making it easier on our son makes it easier on the rest of us during the trip.
The quietest rooms we've had were facing the parking lots. The rooms facing the central lake were louder as you can hear the activities from the pools.

There are plenty of non-presidential rooms on high floors. The only tower that has a lot of them is tower 6. Even in tower 6 there are non-presidentials on the 6th floor.

I would like to note that I've found the rooms quieter than any regular hotel rooms.
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #3
nilseks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upatnoon View Post
The quietest rooms we've had were facing the parking lots. The rooms facing the central lake were louder as you can hear the activities from the pools.

There are plenty of non-presidential rooms on high floors. The only tower that has a lot of them is tower 6. Even in tower 6 there are non-presidentials on the 6th floor.

I would like to note that I've found the rooms quieter than any regular hotel rooms.
That is so helpful, thank you! And reassuring to hear that it is generally quieter than most hotels.

I was looking at the map and it appears tower 4 doesn't have a parking lot outside of it (if I'm looking at the map correctly). On the map it just shows an open area. Does anyone know what that area is? If it's just open land that could be really ideal. It appears we'd have a pretty long walk from any parking lot but I'd take the trade off.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #4
artemis4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilseks View Post
That is so helpful, thank you! And reassuring to hear that it is generally quieter than most hotels.

I was looking at the map and it appears tower 4 doesn't have a parking lot outside of it (if I'm looking at the map correctly). On the map it just shows an open area. Does anyone know what that area is? If it's just open land that could be really ideal. It appears we'd have a pretty long walk from any parking lot but I'd take the trade off.
We were in tower 4 last month, 12th floor facing the parking lot, aka Epcot/fireworks view. There is a parking lot in front of that tower, and it is next to a parking garage. We always had a parking spot less than 100 yards from the door to the building, but that was September, not a busy season.

It was very quiet. I could probably count on one hand the number of times we heard anything from other guests, and every one of those times I was on the balcony or the sliding door was open. We could, however, hear parts of the fireworks a few times even with the patio door closed.

The only damaged spot I noticed was on the corner across from the front door. Clearly, it had been banged a couple of times with the luggage carts. It wasn't bad and it was down low. I only noticed it because I almost banged that corner with the cart myself!

Artemis4, DH, DD16, DD14 DS11, and DS7.
Sept 2015: Offsite TBD
Sept 2012: WBC

artemis4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:47 PM   #5
nilseks
DIS Veteran

Awesome info, Artemis. A big thank you! I realized earlier today that I was looking at the map wrong, and found the actual building #4. I think if we are high enough up, any parking lot noise shouldn't be a problem, and my son likes and does well with fireworks so that would be okay. Facing a parking lot would be much better than facing a pool that may be 'active' at night.

I think building 5 is much of the same so maybe I will request 4 or 5 with a parking lot view? That will give us more options and then maybe our room will be ready when we arrive at about 3 p.m.