Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2013, 05:10 AM   #1
BOTL76
Mouseketeer

buffalo hotel

Hello Disney Fans,

Was wondering if there were any recommendations for hotels in buffalo near the airport. We are wondering which have good shuttle service as well or is it better just to park in the long-term lot at the Buffalo Airport? we are a family of 5.

Thanks!
BOTL76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:20 AM   #2
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

We had a good experience at the Days Inn Buffalo Airport. Rooms were spotless, staff were awesome, there's a large pool and hot tub, location was prime (a 2 minute drive from the hotel to the front door of the terminal), the shuttle was very prompt, and they offer a complimentary breakfast starting at 4 am.

The onsite restaurant is quite good, and there is a Tim Hortons right next door to the hotel . I believe they have both 7-night and 14-night park and fly packages, depending on how long you will be away.

If you click on the link to my Christmas trip in my signature, it includes lots of photos of our room and the common areas.

I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2013, 05:33 AM   #3
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
We had a good experience at the Days Inn Buffalo Airport. Rooms were spotless, staff were awesome, there's a large pool and hot tub, location was prime (a 2 minute drive from the hotel to the front door of the terminal), the shuttle was very prompt, and they offer a complimentary breakfast starting at 4 am.

The onsite restaurant is quite good, and there is a Tim Hortons right next door to the hotel . I believe they have both 7-night and 14-night park and fly packages, depending on how long you will be away.

If you click on the link to my Christmas trip in my signature, it includes lots of photos of our room and the common areas.

Everything Gina said!

Plus, upon checkout, there is usually a coupon for 20% off your next park n fly stay. I'm staying there in December for the fourth time with the 20% off promo.
The address is 4345 Gennesee Street in Buffalo.
Disneylover99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:26 AM   #4
TinkandGoofy'sMom
Mouseketeer

We've used the Clarion Buffalo Airport a few times and always had a good experience.

Aug 2008 POP
Dec 2009 POFQ
Jan 2011 POP
Oct 2011 AKV-Kidani
Jan 2012 OKW
Aug 2012 BWV & AKV
Oct 2012 sisters only at AKV-Kidani
Jan 2013 AKV-Jambo
Aug 2013 AKV & BLT
Up Next: Aulani Summer 2014
DVC owner @ AKV and SSR
TinkandGoofy'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:48 AM   #5
stefanospops
DIS Veteran

We just got back last week and we stayed at the Best Western. They have a free breakfast but there is also a Denny's directly in front of the hotel. We usually go to Denny's to get a heartier meal and take some boxes of cereal from the Best Western for the flight for the kids.

In trips past we have waited for the hotel shuttle but this time when we got back I just took a cab to grab my car. Cost me $8 but it was so much faster and worth it. Within half an hour we had landed, collected our luggage, loaded everyone/thing into the minivan and were on our way home.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #6
cabmom
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy flew by and dropped off a Beautiful Tag!

I always stay at the Marriott chains. There are 3, Fairfield, Townhill Suites and the Courtyard.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:34 AM   #7
TheBig2na
Mouseketeer

The StayBridge Suites are nice for a family of 5. we have stayed tehir twice booking through trinity reservations. they are a little farther away but offer free dinner sunday-thursday and free wine and beer as well. They have a shuttle to get to and from the airport a great main dining area, outdoor firepit. really nice.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #8
hockey mom
Loves to do the Napkin Dance at Chef Mickeys!
That's what I call soaking up the atmosphere

I like to use priceline for my hotel then park at airport. I usually get Days inn or Holiday Inn.
hockey mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:32 PM   #9
BOTL76
Mouseketeer

Great insight thanks everyone really appreciate it!
BOTL76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:11 PM   #10
scrappinginontario
DIS Veteran

Another recommendation for Staybridge Suites, booking through Trinity Reservations. We're headed back there tomorrow night!

Large, clean suites with 2 queen beds, full hot and cold breakfast and shuttle. We're only paying $124 (taxes included) for the hotel stay and parking. That's hard to beat for a large suite!

There is also an Olive Garden across the street which is a bonus for many Canadians.

Amazing Trips with DD: Feb 2014 (7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Fantasy), November 2013 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2013 (11 Mommy and DD days. Perfect!!), Nov 2012 (2 days AoA LM with grandparents and DN), Aug 2012 (10 awesome days with just the 2 of us!), Nov 2011 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2011 (8 days with DN and Nana), Apr 2010 (3 days), Nov 2010 (2 days with grandparents)
scrappinginontario is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #11
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTL76 View Post
Hello Disney Fans,

Was wondering if there were any recommendations for hotels in buffalo near the airport. We are wondering which have good shuttle service as well or is it better just to park in the long-term lot at the Buffalo Airport? we are a family of 5.

Thanks!
Check out Trinity Reservations. They have awesome Sleep and Fly packages. Great company to deal with.
Staybridge Suite for $98 for us! Thats what it would cost for the 10 days of parking alone at the airport.
Family Adventures Miami/Ft Lauderdale/Cocoa Beach/Daytona/ Texas/ St Thomas USVI/ Cuba/ Belize/ Jamaica/ Bahamas/ St Maarten/ Cozumel/ Costa Maya/Puerto Vallarta/ Honduras /Dominican Republic / Cayman Islands & Many...MANY Disney Land trips & Most recently Sailed the Disney Magic[/FONT][/SIZE]
vacation_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:08 PM   #12
krazy4crusing
Zippadeedodah!

Microtel

We have stayed at the Microtel because we often head down for 3 weeks at a time and they allow for 21 days of parking with their park and fly rate. They include breakfast and the shuttle is a mini van. The staff is good, the beds are comfy but the rooms are very dated. I don't love the hotel, we have stayed at much better but if you want 3 weeks of parking, shuttle, breaky etc.. we pay $99 per night.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #13
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post

Just wanted to add, I just received an email from the Days Inn Buffalo today. You can stay a night (before or after your trip) and park for up to a week for $99 for stays between now and Dec. 18th. There is no promotion code mentioned. I just called and got a cheaper rate for my December trip!
Disneylover99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #14
brytorlyn
Mouseketeer

Just a thought on parking --- We always park at the Thrifty Airport Parking ( http://www.thriftyparking.com/locati...irport-parking) across the street from the Buffalo airport. You can usually find a coupon on line to save a few dollars ( just google Thrifty Airport Parking coupon).

They have a shuttle bus that will drive you across and when we come home they have a shuttle that picks you up and drives you RIGHT UP to your car and usually even help us unload luggage.

Long term parking is walkable and doesn't cost much more so that is an ok option too. Economy parking will probably be the cheapest but is far.

We choose the Thrifty lot because it is a secure lot with staff on duty 24hrs a day.

26 22 12
brytorlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #15
Lexiesmom
Earning My Ears

This is helpful for me as well! Trying to decide where to stay for our trip in May.

We are only going to be there too sleep for a few hours before we leave, and it kinda feels like a waste of money, and we've been debating going there the night before, or to leave REAL early the next morning. But think I'd feel much better getting over the border in advance. So just looking for something that is cheap, but clean
Lexiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: