Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #46
Duhey2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyta View Post
...so is wal mart at the same exit?
Yes, Wal-Mart would be past and behind the liquor store on your way from the hotel.
Duhey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #47
miyta
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duhey2 View Post
Yes, Wal-Mart would be past and behind the liquor store on your way from the hotel.
Should we fear for our safety staying around hobby overnight as some threads have suggested?.
miyta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #48
Goofysrus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyta

Should we fear for our safety staying around hobby overnight as some threads have suggested?.
No reason to fear this area. I meet friends for lunch at the Hilton and Marriot. I've attended a lot of functions and weddings in this area and never had a problem. Enjoy your vacation and use good judgement as you would anywhere. Never dreamed we would have a Disney ship so close to home!!!!! Can't wait for our cruise in a few weeks! Hope you have a wonderful time!!!
Goofysrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #49
miyta
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofysrus View Post
No reason to fear this area. I meet friends for lunch at the Hilton and Marriot. I've attended a lot of functions and weddings in this area and never had a problem. Enjoy your vacation and use good judgement as you would anywhere. Never dreamed we would have a Disney ship so close to home!!!!! Can't wait for our cruise in a few weeks! Hope you have a wonderful time!!!
We aRe excited, the kids reminded me 9 more sleeps today
Make sure you use your ship, they don't stay in town for long if they don't stay full
Old 10-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #50
Goofysrus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyta

We aRe excited, the kids reminded me 9 more sleeps today
Make sure you use your ship, they don't stay in town for long if they don't stay full
We have 4 cruises booked!!! LOL I think people are going to start to avoid me because all I talk about is this cruise and magnets and pirate night and how they need to book a DCL cruise! Oh well ... I'm so excited for your kiddos! I love the their 9 more sleeps ( to cute) My daughter has such fond memories of her first time on the Magic over 10 years ago. Now she's taking her husband on his first Dis cruise. They grow up soooo fast! Have a Mickey bar for us!!!!!
Goofysrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:00 PM   #51
Duhey2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyta View Post
I probably wouldn't go walking around the area for three hours at night but you should be OK. Just don't leave anything of perceived value in sight in your car while parked anywhere.
Duhey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #52
miyta
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duhey2 View Post
I probably wouldn't go walking around the area for three hours at night but you should be OK. Just don't leave anything of perceived value in sight in your car while parked anywhere.
We arrive late at night , we have option of renting car that night and driving to hotel by airport or free shuttle but then we need to go back to airport in am and get car, we had planned to get car and then to hotel and will not leave anything in it. I personally wouldn't leave valuables in it in Galveston or anywhere else either

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: