Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
small2006
Earning My Ears

Wishes and Citricos

Hi there!

My brother and his fiancee are visiting Orlando in a few weeks for a training course and I have been bombarding them with information about Disney. They only have a few free days so they have decided to concentrate on Universal (much to my irritation!) but I have persuaded them to at least see Wishes from one of the resorts around MK. Obviously the California Grill would be their best bet but it's fully booked and I thought as it was their first experience it would be nice to send them to the Grand Floridian. They have a reservation for 7.45pm and Wishes is on at 9pm. My question is, would they be able to leave Citricos to watch Wishes from the dock at the GF even if they were half way through their meal?

Thanks!
Old 10-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
chamonix

Are we there yet?

I wouldn't want to leave Citricos to watch the fireworks; it's on the second floor and then a short walk to any kind of unobstructed viewing area. I just think that would not be what I would want in the middle of dinner. That would be a pretty long interruption to the meal. I would rather dine at Narcoosees (can see Wishes directly from the restaurant, or just steps away) or dine earlier or later or at some other restaurant or something if viewing Wishes was important. Maybe just get some apps somewhere and then book Citricos dinner for after Wishes?

Keep trying for the Cali Grill reservation, it may open up. I have gotten in on the same day due to cancelations. Good luck!
Star Wars Weekends June 2011 Polynesian

December 2010 Beach Club
Star Wars Weekends June 2010 Polynesian
~Tiki fest summer 2009~ Polynesian
Ho’omahana summer 2008 Polynesian
~Tiki fest summer 2007~ March 2007 Polynesian
March 2006 Polynesian
October 2005 Polynesian
October 2004, March 2004 Polynesian
December 2003, December 2002 Polynesian

Disneyland Hotel 2001
chamonix is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #3
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

By the time they left the table, waited on the elevator or walked around to take the stairs, walked all the way out to the dock,watched, returned, a good 30 minutes would have gone by.

Can you get an ADR after fireworks? We like Dining late at Citricos as its very quiet.

Last edited by Pakey; 10-12-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:36 PM   #4
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

I agree with the PPs...Citricos isn't designed to have folks leave their table for 30+ minutes to go watch the show. I would either try for a much earlier ADR (no later than 7 pm) or a post fireworks ADR. Most Signature meals take between 90 minutes and 2 hours. Narcoossee's (which has excellent food and service) is a better bet for fireworks because there you can leave your table to go out to the veranda.

I would also keep trying for a CA Grill ADR (assuming their not going during the rehab next year). Things open up as people change their plans. I've had luck in the past; you just have to be willing to check frequently.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:14 AM   #5
small2006
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the advice! They're going at the end of this month and I've been trying to hurry them along with their decisions. Their words "How can a restaurant be booked out 2 weeks before?!" Ummm... They're not renting a car so transport has to be considered. They have to be at the training course at 8am the following morning too so a late night ADR (if I could get one!) would be a pain.

I will keep trying for the CG. DH and I were there last year and loved it so would love for them to go. Thanks again!
Old 10-12-2012, 06:32 AM   #6
small2006
Earning My Ears

Success!! Just checked and a table has opened up for 9.20pm at the CG for the exact night they wanted! Thank you reservation gods!
Old 10-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #7
chamonix

Are we there yet?

Be sure to tell them to arrive early enough so they have time to check in and be taken upstairs before the fireworks start at 9.
Star Wars Weekends June 2011 Polynesian

December 2010 Beach Club
Star Wars Weekends June 2010 Polynesian
~Tiki fest summer 2009~ Polynesian
Ho’omahana summer 2008 Polynesian
~Tiki fest summer 2007~ March 2007 Polynesian
March 2006 Polynesian
October 2005 Polynesian
October 2004, March 2004 Polynesian
December 2003, December 2002 Polynesian

Disneyland Hotel 2001
chamonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #8
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by small2006 View Post
Thanks for the advice! They're going at the end of this month and I've been trying to hurry them along with their decisions. Their words "How can a restaurant be booked out 2 weeks before?!" Ummm... They're not renting a car so transport has to be considered. They have to be at the training course at 8am the following morning too so a late night ADR (if I could get one!) would be a pain.
Congrats on finding the ADR!

Regarding the timing for Wishes (or HalloWishes) be sure to check and let them know when the fireworks are starting. It's usually 9:00 pm for Wishes and 9:30 pm for HalloWishes. (You mentioned Wishes is at 9:00 pm, but just wanted to note about the two different times because by the end of October there are so many MNSSHP nights!)

After dinner, they might want to consider taking a taxi back to their hotel. There are almost always taxis hanging around down by the valet station at the Deluxe resorts.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: