Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
jms920
Mouseketeer

Cute, cuddly baby doll???

I'm looking for a cute cuddly baby doll to send my 1 1/2 year old Granddaughter. They are out of the country for 2 years. I have no clue ....Suggestions are appreciated. I don't want something too large, I want something she can play with (not a collectible), and I would like something with a cute face. :D

Thank you for any suggestions.

JoAnn
jms920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #2
CopperWife
Mouseketeer

I don't know what you are looking for, exactly, but when my daughter turned 2, we got her an American Girl Bitty Baby. Yes, it was a bit pricey, but she is six and it's still in wonderful shape - and it has been well-loved, let me tell you! It's got a hard head, legs, and arms, but the body is cuddley. She loves it

me DH DD10 DD7

No ticker for now
CopperWife is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
MichelleinMaine
DIS Veteran

DD had 2 favorites. One was a $5 bean bag body sort of doll from Walmart and the other was a Gotz Maxy Muffin that her grandmother got her when she was 2.

If you look online, they are $50+, but MIL got hers at Tuesday Morning, I think. (TJ Maxx, something like that- sorry she has passed away and I can't ask.) VERY nice doll, DD dragged her everywhere, messed with her hair, spilled cocoa on her, and she still looks great. (Baby is 10 years old now and has place of honor on DD's shelf.)

They are the same size as American Girl's Bitty Twins, but they are sturdier feeling (for lack of a better word.) The Gotz dolls are also machine washable (AG's are not). We had to test that a couple times- baby still looks wonderful.

Gotz and AG both make a smaller baby doll (Maxy Muffin is more a toddler, with hair). The baby's heads have painted on hair though that gets scratched easily.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
mrudman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms920 View Post
I'm looking for a cute cuddly baby doll to send my 1 1/2 year old Granddaughter. They are out of the country for 2 years. I have no clue ....Suggestions are appreciated. I don't want something too large, I want something she can play with (not a collectible), and I would like something with a cute face. :D

Thank you for any suggestions.

JoAnn
I second the Bitty Baby, or look into Corolle dolls.. they have a bunch of different styles/faces, and they're all adorable. They do have semi-hard hands/faces, but they're advertised as being for 18 months and up.

mrudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #5
cupcakefairy2u
Its just me the cupcake fairy

Bitty Baby is always a good choice
Old 10-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #6
Ephany
DIS Veteran

DD's favorite baby doll was a $10 Fisher Price Little Mommy doll. They have a bunch of different hair and eye colors so she was able to find one that looked like her. Lots of cute outfits too.
Ephany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:15 PM   #7
Princess_Meghan <3
DIS Veteran

I agree with Bitty Baby. My grandmother gave me one when I was around that age. I still have her, and she's in great condition- now, my little cousin loves to play with her when she comes to visit.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #8
eduk8r26
DIS Veteran

If you have a Tuesday Morning near you, they often have Madame Alexander or Gotz dolls. If you can find a baby doll, they will be soft and cushy.
eduk8r26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #9
zoemurr
DIS Veteran

Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Meghan <3 View Post
I agree with Bitty Baby. My grandmother gave me one when I was around that age. I still have her, and she's in great condition- now, my little cousin loves to play with her when she comes to visit.
our Bitty Baby was so loved that her limbs started to fall off. We sent her to the doll hospital for her head to be transplanted on a new body.
zoemurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #10
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Agree Bitty Babies are cute. Another one is the Baby Stella doll - she is still soft and cuddly.

WDW Polynesian (August 2012)
WDW All Star Movies (August 2006)
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort (December 1996)
WDW Off-Property (December 1992)

DDP Review
Party of 5: August 2012 Dining Review with the Queen of Chicken Nuggets (With Pics)
[URL="http://http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2998041&highlight=picky+eaters"]

Disney World - August 2012 - Trip Report
Picky Eaters, Sore Feet, Hurricanes...After 6 Yrs Nothing will get in our way!
Emteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #11
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Agree with the Bitty Baby or a Bitty Twin if you want hair with it (but at 1.5, I'd just go with the bitty baby). You know it is a good product if my uber conservative biochem PhD sister and hippy granola liberal SIL both highly recommend it. We're getting DD the Bitty Twins. I've heard good things about the corolle dolls too.

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #12
4GoofyCrew
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephany View Post
DD's favorite baby doll was a $10 Fisher Price Little Mommy doll. They have a bunch of different hair and eye colors so she was able to find one that looked like her. Lots of cute outfits too.
Same here for our daughter. She got hers when she was 1 year old and that doll has been EVERYWHERE and is SO loved! She even turned down the chance to get the Bitty Baby when she was a bit older.

She is almost 9 years old and she still loves to do everything with her doll. And the Bitty Baby stuff fits her Fisher Price doll (it is just a bit big on the doll but still cute).
01-2012 AS SPORTS Free DDP
Always dreaming about another trip!
4GoofyCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:26 PM   #13
akcire
Mouse expert, computer challenged
I am flushing myself to Disney

My daughter is 18 months and has a bitty baby ($1 goodwill find) and doesn't particularly like the doll. The head and limbs are hard plastic and she doesn't like to give the doll hugs. She has a little push stoller, and Bitty pretty much lives in the stroller.

The doll my daughter does love is a $20 rag type doll from the Cracker Barrel Resturant. You can see them on line. They are the butterfly dolls or girls. It has yarn hair and a cloth body. My daughter likes to give it hugs.
akcire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:20 AM   #14
DisneyAndRedSox
I still call it a WEDWay PeopleMover!

At 13 months DD got a Corolle Calin and loved her. At 2 years she got Bitty, but started playing with her at 2.5 years

The Corolle is much smaller and softer, great if your little one wants to take it places!

DVC Trips:
Feb '14- Aulani dream trip cancelled due to snow (obviously Mother Nature is not a Disney fan); May '14- AKV Kidani, BCV; May '15- Pending lots of Pixie Dust... VGC, Aulani
DisneyAndRedSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:56 AM   #15
4HppyCamprs
DIS Veteran

My daughter is only 14 months but she loves to hug her gund baby's. she has the my first baby and the birthday baby and she pushes them in the stroller. They are inexpensive, soft and cute. No hard body pieces.
09 ASMu 1st Visit! Grandma came too! Free dining 2010 POR 2nd Visit! Grandma is along for the ride! Free dining! 03/05-09/2012 POLY here we come!! We love Disney and Grandma does too! No dining plan and we loved it! DoubleTree DTD: 3/10-3/15/13 The whole gang! Best Trip yet! First Cruise: 1/6-1/10/14 Disney Magic. 2nd Cruise: 10/23-10/28/15 Disney Magic.
Me: Heather DH: DS #1 (11/04) DS #2 (2/09) DD (08/11) rincess:
4HppyCamprs is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: