Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
karebear06
DIS Veteran

HHN Express Pass

We are planning on going to HHN for the first time on Thursday 10/25. I understand the express pass is $70 per person for that night. Does the express pass help that much on a Thursday night? $70 seems a bit much for only 1 early entry. ( I was thinking you could use it multiple times for the same attraction or house) Is there a benefit to going ahead and buying it online instead of at the park?

Thanks!
karebear06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #2
Rip
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by karebear06 View Post
We are planning on going to HHN for the first time on Thursday 10/25. I understand the express pass is $70 per person for that night. Does the express pass help that much on a Thursday night? $70 seems a bit much for only 1 early entry. ( I was thinking you could use it multiple times for the same attraction or house) Is there a benefit to going ahead and buying it online instead of at the park?

Thanks!
The only benefit is that they may sell out before you get there. Having almost been on the receiving end of this once (long story) with a late addition to our party I would recommend you go ahead and buy them If you're only going 1 night, you likely will not see everything even on a Thursday that late in the month.

Lines for the houses can reach 2 hours/per.
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 09:15 AM   #3
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by karebear06 View Post

Thanks!
Express Plus passes are good for one time through each house and all open attractions except Rockit. Wait times can get out hand pretty quickly and early in the evening so if you have the money in your budget to purchase an EP, I would strongly suggest doing it. Buy it ahead of time or as Rip stated they could sell out.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:24 AM   #4
TheWog
The Curse has been Reversed
We did it on St. Thomas
That sounds like my way to watch them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
Express Plus passes are good for one time through each house and all open attractions except Rockit. Wait times can get out hand pretty quickly and early in the evening so if you have the money in your budget to purchase an EP, I would strongly suggest doing it. Buy it ahead of time or as Rip stated they could sell out.
It works on the rides too? Is it unlimited for the rides?
Old 10-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #5
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWog View Post
It works on the rides too? Is it unlimited for the rides?
Yes...it works on the rides and no...there is no unlimited Express for HHN...that's only during regular park hours and for either onsite guests or people who purchase the VIP tickets.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #6
cbsnyber1
Baxter the zzzzzzz Corgi Wonderdog

Was there this past Sunday night and did not have Express, and I wish we did. It was our only HHN, and we saw just three of the seven houses (mostly because the majority of our group did not want to wait in line). And the only reason we got those three in was because we used Stay & Scream.

The crowd was huge, in my opinion, and Sunday is supposed to be a slow night, as is Thursday. In fairness, this past Sunday was the day before Columbus day, many have that off as a holiday, the weather was good, so all that likely drove up attendance.

I too urge you to consider Express if it is important to you to see all seven houses.

"The problem is not that some set the bar too high and miss it, it's that some set the bar too low and hit it"

cbsnyber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:41 PM   #7
jarrdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbsnyber1 View Post
Was there this past Sunday night and did not have Express, and I wish we did. It was our only HHN, and we saw just three of the seven houses (mostly because the majority of our group did not want to wait in line). And the only reason we got those three in was because we used Stay & Scream.

The crowd was huge, in my opinion, and Sunday is supposed to be a slow night, as is Thursday. In fairness, this past Sunday was the day before Columbus day, many have that off as a holiday, the weather was good, so all that likely drove up attendance.

I too urge you to consider Express if it is important to you to see all seven houses.
Sorry you didn't get to see all the houses.

We were there sunday as well and it was pretty damn busy. We ended up leaving around 1030 after our second attempt at walking dead as the express line was a good 30 minutes.
jarrdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #8
xApril
DIS Veteran

The crowds have been pretty crazy this year. I'd definitely recommend Express unless you're willing to wait in line.

And in reference to this past Sunday, I heard it was service industry night, so a lot of people got cheaper tickets so that might've caused the crowds...
xApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #9
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xApril View Post
The crowds have been pretty crazy this year.
Oh yes they have! Truer words have never been spoken.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #10
fanoforlando
Mouseketeer

ok so let me get this straight , the EP is an addition to the regular HHN ticket prices?

For example if i wanted to buy HHN FL resident pass i would have to ask for the HHN ticket AND the EP to get t the front of the lines at every house?

So i would be buying the HHN ticket ( $66.99 ) PLUS EP ( $99.99 ) ...wow, is this right?
fanoforlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:39 PM   #11
mmr42
Earning My Ears

If I already have a hard ticket for HHN, can I just buy the EP at the park?
mmr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:36 AM   #12
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanoforlando View Post
ok so let me get this straight , the EP is an addition to the regular HHN ticket prices?

For example if i wanted to buy HHN FL resident pass i would have to ask for the HHN ticket AND the EP to get t the front of the lines at every house?

So i would be buying the HHN ticket ( $66.99 ) PLUS EP ( $99.99 ) ...wow, is this right?
Yup...Express passes are additional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmr42 View Post
If I already have a hard ticket for HHN, can I just buy the EP at the park?
Yes...you can purchase them at Guest Services but you might want to purchase online ahead of time. They tend to sell out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: