Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
circus4u
Mouseketeer

3D Video

When we began planning our trip to WDW this past May, it was a good excuse to justify the purchase of a new HD video camera to replace our standard definition camera. I got a really good deal on the camera and as a bonus, it also shoots 3D video. The downside to the 3D filming is that the 3D video is not in HD and many of the standard functions are disabled. I was wondering if anyone has had experience shooting 3D at the parks and how the videos turned out. I am particularly interested in shooting some of the inside rides in 3D, but wondering if I should just shoot in HD to be safe. I love 3D and it is really awesome when projected on the screen in our media room. However, I won't be able to review any 3D until I get home. If lines aren't too long, I could probably film each attraction twice, once in 3D and again in HD. Any advice from those of you who may have shot 3D would be greatly appreciated.
circus4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Have you shot some subjects close to home in both 3D and in regular hi-def modes, and compared them?
Hotel scam! Someone "from the front desk" calls your room phone or knocks on the door, usually after midnight, asking for your credit card number to complete your billing or you will be kicked out. Don't give it to him. It can wait until dawn when you stop by the front desk. This includes Disney's resorts too.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #3
photo_chick
Knows a little about a lot of things, a lot about nothing.

I've never done video in 3D, only still images. Really interested in erading more about your expereinces though, so post more.

photo_chick is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: