Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
monica9
DIS Veteran

Question about luggage holding

Will they hold our luggage if we are staying off site in between two wdw resorts?
I know, don't ask why we ended up splitting up our resort stays this way, but it just happened. We will be at all star sports for two nights before checking out and going to a Seaworld resort for two nights and then heading back to WDW and checking into Wilderness Lodge for 7 nights. ASsp was a last minute decision due to flight prices. So what is the chance that WL will hold our luggage if we brought it over there after checking out of ASsp on a Sunday and not checking into WL until the following Tuesday?
Disney as a child: '82 CR,'84, CR,'85 CR,'87 CR,'88 CR,'89 CR....Disney as an adult: '03 off property, '04 off property, '10 1 day off cruise, '11 CBR (DD first trip!), 2012 WL, 2013 December 2013 BC Hoping for Fall 2015
DH(40) : Me(34) DD(6)
monica9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
JCornell
Mouseketeer

I have no idea what official policy is on this but fwiw, whenever we've had our luggage held at any resort, we have never needed to show our room key or any proof we were actually staying there.
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 04:44 PM   #3
monica9
DIS Veteran

Good to know!
Disney as a child: '82 CR,'84, CR,'85 CR,'87 CR,'88 CR,'89 CR....Disney as an adult: '03 off property, '04 off property, '10 1 day off cruise, '11 CBR (DD first trip!), 2012 WL, 2013 December 2013 BC Hoping for Fall 2015
Old 10-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
matheke
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica9 View Post
Will they hold our luggage if we are staying off site in between two wdw resorts?
I know, don't ask why we ended up splitting up our resort stays this way, but it just happened. We will be at all star sports for two nights before checking out and going to a Seaworld resort for two nights and then heading back to WDW and checking into Wilderness Lodge for 7 nights. ASsp was a last minute decision due to flight prices. So what is the chance that WL will hold our luggage if we brought it over there after checking out of ASsp on a Sunday and not checking into WL until the following Tuesday?
I guess I am missing something in this. How are you getting to the Sea World resort? Why would you make an extra trip to WL to leave your bags 2 days early and not take them with you? Are you renting a car? Wouldn't your luggage be safer with you?

matheke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #5
monica9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by matheke View Post
I guess I am missing something in this. How are you getting to the Sea World resort? Why would you make an extra trip to WL to leave your bags 2 days early and not take them with you? Are you renting a car? Wouldn't your luggage be safer with you?

Thats what we are deciding. If we don't have any luggage but a duffel bag for SW then we can take the shuttle from TTC for only $2 a person and walk across the street to our hotel (Renaissance). We are not allowed to bring luggage on the shuttle so then we will either have to take the mears taxi for over $200 round trip or rent a car (about $150).
Old 10-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #6
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica9
Quote:

Originally Posted by matheke

Thats what we are deciding. If we don't have any luggage but a duffel bag for SW then we can take the shuttle from TTC for only $2 a person and walk across the street to our hotel (Renaissance). We are not allowed to bring luggage on the shuttle so then we will either have to take the mears taxi for over $200 round trip or rent a car (about $150).
Hmmm...I don't know about that one. I don't know what Disney's offical policy is for a situation such as that. We have left luggage at the resort before and will be doing it again next month. We leave a couple of bags behind with Bell services when we check out to go on our Disney cruise and then pick them back up when we return to WDW post cruise. It has not been a problem but we are upfront with what we are doing and where we are going and when we will be back. I don't feel bad about asking them to hold a bag or two of mine while I am gone seeing as how the Mouse is still continuing to get our $$!

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #7
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

I don't know what sources you're using for your pricing, but the Mears taxi fare estimator http://www.mearstransportation.com/s...-estimator.asp is coming up at about $29 one way from All Star Sports to SeaWorld, and $27 from SeaWorld to Magic Kingdom - so about the same to WL. Plus tip, of course; now I know some people tip more generously than others, but $70 each way?

Tiffany Town Car is $80 round trip between WDW and SeaWorld (again, plus tip). And if by "shuttle" you mean the Lynx public bus transit system, they do allow luggage. You have to keep it next to you or hold it, not blocking other passengers' access; I mean, they provide bus service from MCO to Downtown Disney! What would those arriving or departing passengers be expected to do with their luggage? On the other hand, you can't bring your luggage on the WDW buses.

Just budget for a taxi and bring all your luggage with you every time you move.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:01 AM   #8
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker, Fairly-Good Sailing Master, Recently Ordained.

Quote:
Will they hold our luggage if we are staying off site in between two wdw resorts? . . .
1) You should call WL bell services and ask.
2) It all depends upon volume.
3) Space is limited, so it is first-some-first-stored.
4) Having worked there, IN MOST CASES, I would say yes.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:14 AM   #9
monica9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr View Post
I don't know what sources you're using for your pricing, but the Mears taxi fare estimator http://www.mearstransportation.com/s...-estimator.asp is coming up at about $29 one way from All Star Sports to SeaWorld, and $27 from SeaWorld to Magic Kingdom - so about the same to WL. Plus tip, of course; now I know some people tip more generously than others, but $70 each way?

Tiffany Town Car is $80 round trip between WDW and SeaWorld (again, plus tip). And if by "shuttle" you mean the Lynx public bus transit system, they do allow luggage. You have to keep it next to you or hold it, not blocking other passengers' access; I mean, they provide bus service from MCO to Downtown Disney! What would those arriving or departing passengers be expected to do with their luggage? On the other hand, you can't bring your luggage on the WDW buses.

Just budget for a taxi and bring all your luggage with you every time you move.
Im confused about the quote I got from Mears as well. Seemed a bit high. I called them directly and they kept tranferring me back and forth between mears taxi and mears shuttle. The shuttle lady told me "no luggage allowed" and that I will have to use their taxi service. The taxi lady told me about $29 one way. If thats one way per person and there are 3 of us then it comes to about $200 with tip, right?

I'm going to look into the tiffany town car as well.

Yes, I was talking about the lynx. Maybe I will call them directly.

We are also thinking of the advantage of a rental car since we will be able to buy a few groceries. But truthfully, we can probably fit them in our luggage b/c we won't really NEED anything cold.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:16 AM   #10
monica9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
1) You should call WL bell services and ask.
2) It all depends upon volume.
3) Space is limited, so it is first-some-first-stored.
4) Having worked there, IN MOST CASES, I would say yes.
I think I'm going to call them. Might as well. Like my husband said and a pp said, we will be giving them money for 7 nights after we pick up the luggage.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #11
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The taxi lady told me about $29 one way. If thats one way per person and there are 3 of us then it comes to about $200 with tip, right?
Taxis don't charge per person so the $29 (+ tip) will be for all 3 of you in one taxi.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:38 PM   #12
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

And the "$2 shuttle" isn't the Mears WDW resort-to-park shuttle. It's the Lynx bus.

Mears Shuttle is $19 per person round trip and picks you up at at your hotel. Lynx is, again, the public transit system in Orlando and has a couple of buses that with stops at the TTC and Downtown Disney. You'd need to take a WDW bus, and possibly the monorail, to get to those bus stops - and you can't bring any luggage on WDW buses.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: