Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 05:06 AM   #16
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Now that you are breathing normally again I also think that once you settle on your travel dates you can then start to make decisions. It is very difficult to actually begin planning until you know when your will be traveling and the length of time you want to stay.

I also hope that you don't stress over the Disney books. They are fun, not work. See, there is no wrong way to visit WDW. You just need to know your own family and then go from there. Since you understand how your family enjoys vacationing you can make your choices with them in mind.

I noticed that you are actually planning two trips and I believe that since you know you will be returning you can approach your vacation with a different attitude. It is impossible to do and see everything but that does not stop some families from trying to do just that. Because you know that you have another vacation coming up you can keep that in mind as you plan your stay.

Since you are traveling from the UK you may want to get comfortable on that forum. The folks there will have information in regards to discounts that may be applicable during your stay and some travel tips that you can use to make your planning easier.

Have FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:20 AM   #17
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Don't stress! No matter how much planning you do and how much your worry about having the perfect trip - it won't be perfect. Nothing ever is! So you might as well relax a bit.

First come up with your budget. The budget sets the tone for the whole trip. It will tell you where you can stay, what you can eat, and what recreation or souvenirs you can enjoy.

Once the budget is set, spend some time on this site with the search function. Search anything that comes to mind - attractions, transportation, shopping, dining, etc. There is a wealth of information here to help you make decisions regarding your trip. Keep in mind though that for every good review you see about a restaurant, resort, or attraction, you will probably find 10 negative ones. It's just human nature to post when things go wrong, but not necessarily post when things go right. I've been going to WDW since 1971 and I haven't had a horrible trip yet! Some were better than others, but they were ALL good !

When choosing a resort or restaurant, think about what your family enjoys and what your family needs to have a great vacation. Every family is different, so what works for me won't necessarily be what works for you. That's ok - that's why it's good that there are so many different choices at WDW.

Keep your expectations realistic and understand that you won't be able to do everything - and you'll have a great time!
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #18
QueenElinor
Yes, they really ARE all redheads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlittleminnie View Post
Ok so I may be over reacting a little but how do you cope with the stress of planning??!

I'm in the very early stages of planning a trip and I feel so overwhelmed with information and I have so many questions and seem to get different answers from every thread i read

Flights, resort decisions, how to book onto DME, using DME, using DME as an international visitor, buses from resorts to parks, where are the bus stops, how long do journeys take, mears shuttle or taxi to universal, dining or no dining, where to purchase tickets from....not to mention closer to the time there'll be EMH and working this around wanting to be in MK for valentines....

It just seems never ending, it will be our first trip without my DBF's parents and I'm more the planner of the two of us. I just want to make this trip as close to perfect as possible...

Thank you for letting me get that off my chest
Don't focus on all that little stuff right now.
Get the big parts out of the way first- dates, room, dining, tickets. Flights maybe a little later depending on your market.
Then you can take a deep breath, relax and have fun learning about everything else, you will have plenty of time for that.
QueenElinor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first trip, planning, stress

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: