Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #1
PolynesianAlex
Alooooooooooohaaaaa

Best Moderate for 2 teens Mid Novemeber

Usually stay at the polyneisan doing a quick trip next month. Which moderate would you chose. Are any of them special during the holidays? THANKS

UPCOMING TRIP: Nothing planned
PolynesianAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:39 AM   #2
boundfordisney
I think my finger prints are still on the grab bars to this day

CBR is my pick, although I havent stayed at any other moderate, have stayed at the poly and yc. Cbr is a beautiful resort, never had any issues with buses houskeeping or anything else for that matter. We love it there! The food court is a big plus and the food is very good, lots of choices, we really miss it when we have stayed at deluxe resorts. Pool area is awesome and the hot tubs are another added bonus! Quite a few quiet pools , but we have never found it to be crowded at the main pool not like it can be at the poly or yc.I find it hard to try out other mods because we really enjoy it there, want to try out por in a future trip if I can just get myself to committ to not booking at cbr!But it just keeps drawing me back when its a moderate we need to book
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
Sue M
DIS Veteran

We've stayed at both CBR and POR and between those my daughters liked POR best. They were both nice resorts and we enjoyed our stay at CBR. They were both teens then. But we felt POR has more to offer with the boat to DTD, horse & carriage rides, better food court and evening entertainment in the lounge. Bob Jackson puts on a fun show for all ages.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran

I think it depends on whether or not your teens are boys or girls. I will say the POFQ would be dead LAST on my teen boys list. The decor is a combination of romantic/ girly and the pool is geared toward little ones. They would be very happy at CSR, CBR or POR (Alligator Bayou).

SmallWorld71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #5
Eastern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallWorld71 View Post
I think it depends on whether or not your teens are boys or girls. I will say the POFQ would be dead LAST on my teen boys list. The decor is a combination of romantic/ girly and the pool is geared toward little ones. They would be very happy at CSR, CBR or POR (Alligator Bayou).
My boys are older teens and they loved POFQ last time we stayed. We are going again for the holidays. The pool on site is on the small side, but they don't use the pool anyway. They liked the easy transportation to and from the parks and went on their own several times.

We have stayed at POR and CBR as well and they liked the smaller feel of POFQ.
Eastern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #6
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern View Post
My boys are older teens and they loved POFQ last time we stayed. We are going again for the holidays. The pool on site is on the small side, but they don't use the pool anyway. They liked the easy transportation to and from the parks and went on their own several times.

We have stayed at POR and CBR as well and they liked the smaller feel of POFQ.
I guess this is the difference then - we spend a lot of time in the pool. We even swam at Pop one February when the lifeguard was wearing a winter coat, hat and gloves!

SmallWorld71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #7
Little_Sister
Mouse ears and pigtails!

I would recommend CSR...

I've never stayed at PO...so I can't offer an opinion.....but I did stay at CBR and really didn't enjoy it....far too many bus stops (I think like 7 or 8 just to get out of the complex) and our room was very far away from the bus stop and the restaurants/shopping at the resort.

The CSR....there are only 4 bus stops and I prefer the updated room decor.

We now only stay at the Contemporary or BLT.

Hope this helps!

1979 – Polynesian 1990 – Offsite 1991 – Offsite 1992 – Offsite 2007 – Coronado Springs/Grand Floridian 2008 – Caribbean Beach
2009 – Contemporary 2010 – Contemporary 2011 – Contemporary 2013 – Bay Lake Tower 2014 – Wilderness Lodge Villas
Little_Sister is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: