Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
GBBTomorrow
DIS Veteran

Let's Petition RunDisney for Women's Shirts!

Hey y'all,
I just sent a letter to RunDisney through their website asking them to consider separate race shirts for women and men. Does anybody else share this concern?

They call these shirts "unisex," but that's really a joke. These are MEN's shirts, made for male bodies. They don't fit women in the waist, shoulders and armhole. The armhole is a particular problem, as it's too big and the inside of my arm rubs against my skin and bra when I run. And, to be honest, these boxy shirts are just plain unflattering on a lady's body.

I treasure all my shirts, but would wear them a lot more if they were made for me instead of for a man.

Thousands and thousands of women participate in RunDisney races. It seems reasonable that we should get shirts that fit. The Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon is an enourmous event, and they provide choice of shirts; it seems Disney could do the same.

If you agree with me, perhaps you could send RunDisney a comment too. If they hear from enough of us, maybe they'll consider it.

Thanks, and happy running!
Cheers,
Cari

Last edited by GBBTomorrow; 10-02-2012 at 08:25 AM. Reason: spelling
GBBTomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #2
JCH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBTomorrow View Post
Hey y'all,
I just sent a letter to RunDisney through their website asking them to consider separate race shirts for women and men. Does anybody else share this concern?

They call these shirts "unisex," but that's really a joke. These are MEN's shirts, made for male bodies. They don't fit women in the waist, shoulders and armhole. The armhole is a particular problem, as it's too big and the inside of my arm rubs against my skin and bra when I run. And, to be honest, these boxy shirts are just plain unflattering on a lady's body.

I treasure all my shirts, but would wear them a lot more if they were made for me instead of for a man.

Thousands and thousands of women participate in RunDisney races. It seems reasonable that we should get shirts that fit. The Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon is an enourmous event, and they provide choice of shirts; it seems Disney could do the same.

If you agree with me, perhaps you could send RunDisney a comment too. If they hear from enough of us, maybe they'll consider it.

Cheers,
Cari
I think I am going to email them, too. This particular race was 2/3rd women, so why not a women's shirt??? Plus, this shirt was HUGE even on men's shirts standards! My husband is usually a L, and was wearing my size S ToT shirt! Ridiculous! Plus, I thought the material was particularly thick, especially for a September race. It's sad I won't get much use out of it as I really like the design on it.

Completed Races: Halloween 5k 2011 Family Fiesta 5k 2012 Princess HM 2012/3 ToT 10 Miler 2012/3 WDW Half 2013 Dumbo Double Dare 2013!
WDW 10k/Enchanted 10K 2014
JCH is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
Suzanne033
Nobody on their deathbed ever wishes they spent more time at the office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBTomorrow View Post
Hey y'all,

Cheers,
Cari
I absolutely agree. I also like that women's cut t-shirts are more fitted around the ribcage. Men's shirts go straight down from the armpit and arm too baggy.
1986 - Off-Site; 1997 - Thanksgiving - Polynesian; 2001 - Christmas - All Star Sports; 2004 - Beach Club/Disney Wonder; 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 - AAU Volleyball Nationals @ WWoS; 2013 - Mom Panel Training - Boardwalk; 2014 - Christmas - Grand Floridian

MouseQuest Podcast - The MQ is your HQ for all things Disney
Suzanne033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:23 PM   #4
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

I've only done the princess so far, which is a women's shirt, but the mens or unisex shirts I have gotten from other races definately don't fit great. We pay a lot to run races at Disney. I agree, we ladies should have a choice of a race shirt that fits well. I'll send an e-mail too. Can you share what email adress you sent it too? Thanks!
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
ColleenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #5
es45
DIS Veteran

Bump!
Old 10-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #6
erinna
Mouseketeer

Can someone set up an online petition?
Old 10-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
GBBTomorrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG View Post
I'll send an e-mail too. Can you share what email adress you sent it too? Thanks!
I just sent it in through the RunDisney website. I wonder if somebody has a snail mail address we could use? I have not gotten any response to the message I sent electronically.
GBBTomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #8
KristinU
DIS Veteran

For the record, I emailed them a few weeks ago through the RunDisney web site and I got a response maybe a day or two later thanking me for my feedback and saying that they've heard a lot of the same request so they're taking it under consideration. I also added in my email that it makes sense for them and their sponsors anyway since if I get a men's cut it gets shoved in a drawer rather than gettong worn...gotta appeal to that almighty bottom-line

1994 Poly Honeymoon - 1997 BWV - 1998 Contemporary - 1999 Coronado Springs - 2000 Joined DVC! BWV & Vero Beach - 2001 BWV & CBR - 2002 BCV & OKW - 2003 Grand Californian & AKL - 2004 POR, DS's first trip to WDW and our 10th anniversary! - 2005 BWV for DS's first birthday! & SSR - 2006 Pop & OKW - 2007 VWL for DS's 3rd birthday! also in 2007 - started living Debt Free! - 2008 BWV for DS's 4th birthday and sold DVC! (and yes, it's a good thing for us! ) and Fort Wilderness for Thanksgiving 2008 - 2009 Bay Lake Tower for our 15th Anniversary 2011 Fort Wilderness, Princess Half Marathon 2012 Fort Wilderness - 2013 1st Dark Side visit - Universal for WWoHP! 2013 AKV for Princess Half Marathon Girls Weekend!
KristinU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:34 PM   #9
sunshine girl
DIS Veteran

Location: Once a Floridian, always a Floridian (but currently elsewhere)

I am the opposite... The mens cut shirts fit me much better, usually!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 10-27-2012, 06:22 AM   #10
KateB
Mouseketeer

I like having a baggier shirt to wear actually. I just make sure to get an XS as I normally wear a women's small. My half marathon fits me fine. I hate that women's shirts are always shirt I mean seriously I don't want to lift my arms and show the world me stomach! Haha I hope if they offer it I can still get a men's XS as a female. I don't want to be forced into ordering a women's shirt.
August 2012- 3 year Anniversary- Saratoga Springs!!!!

KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #11
sunshine girl
DIS Veteran

Location: Once a Floridian, always a Floridian (but currently elsewhere)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateB
I like having a baggier shirt to wear actually. I just make sure to get an XS as I normally wear a women's small. My half marathon fits me fine. I hate that women's shirts are always shirt I mean seriously I don't want to lift my arms and show the world me stomach! Haha I hope if they offer it I can still get a men's XS as a female. I don't want to be forced into ordering a women's shirt.
I am fairly tall and I have this problem too. Most race shirts are way too short in women's sizes. Also, I cant stand that they often make the womens shirts a v-neck and/or a different color than the mens.

But I have done a few races where they let you choose a men's or women's shirt no matter which you are. Hopefully if Disney offers a women's shirt, they won't force it on us and we'll be allowed to choose to get the men's shirt. Then everyone is happy!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: