Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #1396
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

I love mini golf, therefore mini golf in Disney is just awesome! Glad you had fun!

Love your TR, can't wait to read more!
WDWaddictt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:55 PM   #1397
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Looks like fun. Makes me want to play golf when we go back down.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #1398
MEK
DIS Veteran

Some day I am actually going to play miniature golf at Disney. That course looks so cool. Congrats to Parker for his hole-in-one! Brings back memories of when my boys where that age. they LOVED mini golf!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:31 AM   #1399
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Yay! I'm all caught up! I'm glad Parker is having a better 2nd day. Thanks for sharing your "real life" pics! It's fun to see how much the kiddos are growing. Looks like a great birthday for Candi, and great score on the concert seats! The mini golf course theme is great! DS Ryan and his family got to enjoy it on their last day this year while the rest of us headed to the airport. He said the kids really enjoyed it, but I haven't seen the pics yet.

Great updates!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:18 PM   #1400
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
#13 this was one of his favorite holes the snowman shot water out and got you wet, (well if you wanted to you could get wet.

It's not really an official Disney attraction unless you get shot with water somewhere along the way.

Quote:
even though he threw both of candis and my balls into the opening.
Well, as long as you and he never, ever do that on a real golf course.

Quote:
now for what we all read along to see...the final score.

well i had the low score but parker had more hole in ones...which he was thrilled to find out.
Nice work Parker!
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #1401
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
The back 9 holes look fun . Love the one with Santa feet in chimney lol

Defintely going have to check out mini golf sometime
that one was fun, it stopped alot of people from getting the ball through...it is a good time and worth a use of the water park and more pass on the ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Nice update! It continues to look like fun and something I need to do sometime soon!

Can't believe they didn't have a hole with a Fauntleroy coming out the top of a present.............
you sure do...and they really need to add donald into more things, i mean he is what people go there to see afterall...not sure what all this mouse business is about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
I love mini golf, therefore mini golf in Disney is just awesome! Glad you had fun!

Love your TR, can't wait to read more!
thanks, there mini golf courses are alot of fun, we are looking forward to playing again next trip.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:17 PM   #1402
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
Looks like fun. Makes me want to play golf when we go back down.
you should try and check it out, it is a great off day activity...and the holes are pretty easy for the most part each one gives you a shot at a hole in one. if you follow the directions on the signs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Some day I am actually going to play miniature golf at Disney. That course looks so cool. Congrats to Parker for his hole-in-one! Brings back memories of when my boys where that age. they LOVED mini golf!
they are fun, i bet you would enjoy them. the disney courses are great for little kids they make alot of them easy for them to get close or even a hole in one...which of course the kids love...and certain dads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Yay! I'm all caught up! I'm glad Parker is having a better 2nd day. Thanks for sharing your "real life" pics! It's fun to see how much the kiddos are growing. Looks like a great birthday for Candi, and great score on the concert seats! The mini golf course theme is great! DS Ryan and his family got to enjoy it on their last day this year while the rest of us headed to the airport. He said the kids really enjoyed it, but I haven't seen the pics yet.

Great updates!
i hope to have a few more pics of them from now to show how much more they are growing

im glad your son and family liked the course and im glad they were able to fit it in...it is a great down time activity there.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 08-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #1403
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post

It's not really an official Disney attraction unless you get shot with water somewhere along the way.

Well, as long as you and he never, ever do that on a real golf course.

Nice work Parker!
does kicking the ball into the hole count on a real couse?

i have trained him well into the art of mini golf hole in ones...

sometimes calling a mulligan works to your advantage.

Blessed by the Best
Old 08-16-2013, 11:03 PM   #1404
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

All caught up! WinterSummerland looks great - my DSIL has told me all about it, but we've never made it there. Looks like you guys had a great time! And glad to see that Parker seems to be doing better, too.

Looking forward to the DTD segment - we've always stayed in the Marketplace area, so if you went to the other side I'll be interested to see what it's like!

October 2012 Trip report

FairyGodmotherJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:29 AM   #1405
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Great updates, Dan!!

Glad to see Parker got some good rest and felt better the next day.

Noelle cracks me up, she's such a sweetie but she was not missing the tour of AofA, by golly!! She hung tough and made it all the way through, what a trooper! I love how she crawled up with Mama and just went to sleep, aren't they the cutest when they're asleep?

Y'all did a lot of water parks on this trip!!
My kids keep saying they want to go to the water parks while we're there but I have a hang up about them for some reason. One being that it's something we can do at home (we have great water parks here in Texas) and if we're in WDW then I want to be doing things that you can only do in WDW!!
Although, I wonder if I would feel the same way if the kids were younger?

Playing putt-putt looks like it was a good use of time while Noelle was napping! Y'all got to have fun and Noelle slept, can't beat that with a stick!

So glad to hear y'all are having such a great time this summer. Looks like Mama had a great time for her birthday and y'all had a wonderful time celebrating your Anniversary with a good concert.

I don't know what it is about you East Northerners, y'all have such a zeal for getting out and really enjoying your time in the sunshine and weather (Tim and Mel are the same way). It must be that y'all really know how to live it up while there isn't any snow on the ground.
Here, we have so much hot weather I think we end up staying in more. I'm hoping Mackie and I will be able to hit Town lake before she has to go back to school this next week (she starts back on the 26th). She's in California with her Grandparents right now, so I'm hoping the beautiful weather (hey-93 is gorgeous for us this time of the year) will last out till she gets back and then we can go paddle boarding. I've always wanted to try it and I think it will give me a good idea if it will be as good a work out as I think it will be.

Can't wait to read more about your trip. Do you have another WDW trip in the works? I'm thinking about a solo Food a Wine trip, come 2014, maaaaybe.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:22 AM   #1407
Leger13
DIS Veteran

I'm almost a year late but I'm reading along and trying to catch up. I'm about a million chapters behind lol! Love how you managed to surprise everyone! I can't wait until DS is older so we can surprise him. I'm not so good with keeping secrets though. Anyways, I'll try to come back on later or tomorrow and read more. Your kids have gotten so big and they're very cute! Parker looks just like you!
Old 08-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #1408
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Really cute pix of Golf !!Yay for Parker having the most holes in one !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #1409
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
you sure do...and they really need to add donald into more things, i mean he is what people go there to see afterall...not sure what all this mouse business is about.
Well, Donald and that mouse are okay, but I go to see Tink, Cinderella, Ariel, Jasmine...........

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #1410
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
All caught up! WinterSummerland looks great - my DSIL has told me all about it, but we've never made it there. Looks like you guys had a great time! And glad to see that Parker seems to be doing better, too.

Looking forward to the DTD segment - we've always stayed in the Marketplace area, so if you went to the other side I'll be interested to see what it's like!
i rarely venture much into that side of DTD, but it is fun to check out thats for sure. i really want to try the bowling and dinner option they have now.

the night was interesting thats for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Great updates, Dan!!

Glad to see Parker got some good rest and felt better the next day.

Noelle cracks me up, she's such a sweetie but she was not missing the tour of AofA, by golly!! She hung tough and made it all the way through, what a trooper! I love how she crawled up with Mama and just went to sleep, aren't they the cutest when they're asleep?

Y'all did a lot of water parks on this trip!!
My kids keep saying they want to go to the water parks while we're there but I have a hang up about them for some reason. One being that it's something we can do at home (we have great water parks here in Texas) and if we're in WDW then I want to be doing things that you can only do in WDW!!
Although, I wonder if I would feel the same way if the kids were younger?

Playing putt-putt looks like it was a good use of time while Noelle was napping! Y'all got to have fun and Noelle slept, can't beat that with a stick!

So glad to hear y'all are having such a great time this summer. Looks like Mama had a great time for her birthday and y'all had a wonderful time celebrating your Anniversary with a good concert.

I don't know what it is about you East Northerners, y'all have such a zeal for getting out and really enjoying your time in the sunshine and weather (Tim and Mel are the same way). It must be that y'all really know how to live it up while there isn't any snow on the ground.
Here, we have so much hot weather I think we end up staying in more. I'm hoping Mackie and I will be able to hit Town lake before she has to go back to school this next week (she starts back on the 26th). She's in California with her Grandparents right now, so I'm hoping the beautiful weather (hey-93 is gorgeous for us this time of the year) will last out till she gets back and then we can go paddle boarding. I've always wanted to try it and I think it will give me a good idea if it will be as good a work out as I think it will be.

Can't wait to read more about your trip. Do you have another WDW trip in the works? I'm thinking about a solo Food a Wine trip, come 2014, maaaaybe.
we ended up doing 4 water parks this trip, we know that we could go in them any time around here, but it is a fun no park just relax and take it easy sort of day for us....we plan to do that on our next trip as well.

thanks we are having a blast this summer we love being outside, so fun to keep doing different things.

and of course the kids love it, so that is plus.

yep we have another trip planned, it is for 2014....i will share more about it when it gets closer or this report is winding down, a few things are up for grabs right now, so just seeing where things fall.
it would not be during food and wine though, that is during school for the kids.

Blessed by the Best

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: