Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #1366
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Is it bad that I don't remember?
of course not, im not sure what our side was called but i remember some of the holes on that course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
That's one good thing about a water park day -- you don't have to rush out the door too awful early.

My son James was just asking the other day if we could go to Typhoon Lagoon next time. I reminded him that we haven't even tried Blizzard Beach yet, but he says that he likes the wave pool at TL. And I like the Crush 'n Gusher, so who knows. But what I do know, is that it's fun to think about it waaay ahead of time!
i think you two would have a blast racing each other on the tabagoon racer slides there, i could see you both racing to the top to see who could get down first or go the farthest on those slides.

its not a bad thing to day dream about between trips...thats what keeps us excited for the next trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Welcome back from all the camping trips! I had no idea you guys were gone so much............

Sounds like the perfect slowwwwww start to your day after Parker was feeling so bad, and glad he was starting to come around! During a longer trip like this, a occasional slow day is never a bad thing.

Never tried Winter Summerland, but it looks like a lot of fun! And love the theming! Will have to give it a try sometime.
yep down days are certainly fun...we like our down water park days in between, but next trip plan to do more relaxing every few days as well, after all you are on vacation and should relaxe and not be go go go every single day.

i enjoy those courses, you should try them on your next trip.

how about this, next trip i go on, you come down and go with me and ill buy you a round of mini golf.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 08-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #1367
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
of course not, im not sure what our side was called but i remember some of the holes on that course.
I remember now. We played the winter side. One of the holes had hockey sticks, pucks, and a goal.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #1368
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I remember now. We played the winter side. One of the holes had hockey sticks, pucks, and a goal.
thats the side we played, then i guess my pics will bring back some fond memories for you...that you dont remember.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 08-06-2013, 12:34 PM   #1369
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 65. FOUR...and a live life update

before the start of the mini golf chapter i am including a little bit of our "live life" update, or (real life updates if you will)

I have been forgetting to include a pic of when we went camping for candis birthday, so i found one from my phone here is the beach up at the park where we had our lunch cookout for her.

a nice dinner out on the boat for her birthday complete with Caribbean music playing.

the kids strolling down by the waterfront.

we had some cake in the camper for her birthday complete with tiki umbrellas that we got out of drinks from dinner the kids really liked that decoration.

and this past weekend, me and the missus went to a blake shelton concert for our early anniversary gift to each other.

first was dinner out on the town

we went to check out our seats when we got there...i would say they were pretty good.

first up was jana kramer and eaten corbin.

and the next pics are when blake was out there, i only have the pics from my phone from the real camera are alot better but those are not with me.

okay now onto the chapter.

FOUR.....

well the first 9 holes anyway.

i tried to get a picture of each hole so people could get a sense of what they were like in case you have never seen them before.

each marker for the whole gives a hint as to where you need to hit the ball for your best chance to get a hole in one.

but ill leave those out as to not bore with more pics.

hole #1

hole #2

hole #3

hole #4

before hole #5 we (I) tried for a self family shot...i guess im not as good at taking those as the younger generation...but i at least have my eyebrow in it.

noelle i didnt leave her out she was knocked out cold in the stroller.

hole #5 (the hole that jenny105 remembers when she played)

hole #6 i think his form needs a little more help

hole #7 daddy shows him how to putt a little better (he got a hole in one on this one)

hole #8 i know what im talking about, i got a hole in one on this one. also showed him proper form for getting the hole in one ball out of the cup.

hole #9 the misses lining up her castle shot.

and thats the front 9.

coming up next chapter the back 9 and find out who has the highest score or lowest score if you will, and also who is the hole in one champ for the course...

Blessed by the Best
Old 08-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #1370
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Looks like a fun camping weekend How cool you go to go see Blake. Love him on the voice

Thanks for showing pics of the holes at Mini Golf. We have never tried them, so had no idea what they were like

Love the Castle Hole
Old 08-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #1371
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

That's some golf form DanLoved the concert and birthday celebration camping and on the boat. Your family portrait is better than mine would be
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 08-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #1372
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

we've never played the WDW mini-golf courses but that one looks really cool - can imagine that kids get a kick out iot

and thanks for the Live Life updates ... much better than the Dead Life updates. Not that I should talk - my company has Life and Non-Life insurance departments, and of course, I work in the Non-Life one

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
Old 08-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #1373
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Thanks for the "real life " shots. Nice to get a glimpse of where you go camping and for other celebrations.

I have done Fantasia gardens and then one side only I think. Need to make my rounds at the others but look out.... I have no control over where the ball goes....

Maybe I can dig out my pictures of that- I did the picture per hole too. No surprise there.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Old 08-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #1374
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
we had some cake in the camper for her birthday complete with tiki umbrellas that we got out of drinks from dinner the kids really liked that decoration.
The tiki umbrellas are a nice touch.

Quote:
and this past weekend, me and the missus went to a blake shelton concert for our early anniversary gift to each other.
Looks like great seats and a good time!

Quote:
each marker for the whole gives a hint as to where you need to hit the ball for your best chance to get a hole in one.
This assumes that you can hit it where you're aiming.

Quote:
before hole #5 we (I) tried for a self family shot...i guess im not as good at taking those as the younger generation...but i at least have my eyebrow in it.
Looks like you got your best features!

Quote:
hole #7 daddy shows him how to putt a little better (he got a hole in one on this one)

hole #8 i know what im talking about, i got a hole in one on this one. also showed him proper form for getting the hole in one ball out of the cup.
Nice work fellas!
Old 08-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #1375
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Where did you go camping?

Love the golf pics. Looks like Noelle had a lot of fun
Old 08-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #1376
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Looks like Candi had a great birthday, and it looks as if you had a great time at the Blake Shelton concert (our oldest went Saturday night in Chicago and they had a blast!).

I really think we need to squeeze in a round of mini-golf this trip...I've missed not going.

I would strongly suggest you NOT take a self-family portrait again. But at least you got the two good looking ones in the pic.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #1377
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Bribing is good. LOL
The early hours of… LOL
Sounds like fun at Blizzard Beach.
Ooh mini golf, love it.
Wow your seats for the concert were close.
Love the family portrait. ROTF
Looks like a fun time golfing.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:54 AM   #1378
Surfinpiratee
DIS Veteran

Totally random
I'm in the middle of reading your trip report (pg 44 to be exact) ... (little behind!)

BUT, I just read your "real life intermission" when you guys went to the state park, I LOVE THAT PARK! I've been twice (my boyfriend's family has been going for many many many many years!)
We always camp, but i've wanted to stay at that inn!!
And I'd be terrified to hike those trails when there's ice...

Well, back to reading your TR!!
Old 08-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #1379
Dizfan4life
DIS Veteran

Thanks for PM'ing me the info on the necklace! I hope you enjoyed your time camping at the Big Mac - I LOVE it up there! We normally camp along the west side of the state with our favorite campground being Duck Creek RV Resort, which just so happens to be right across from Michigan Adventure! We've done Ludington also this summer and stayed at Vacation Station. I have tried, but have not been successful, to try to get camping reservations at Holland State Park so I am hoping I'll have luck yet this year! Enjoy the rest of your camping season!
Old 08-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #1380
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Looks like a fun camping weekend How cool you go to go see Blake. Love him on the voice

Thanks for showing pics of the holes at Mini Golf. We have never tried them, so had no idea what they were like

Love the Castle Hole
he was really funny in person as well.

your welcome thats why i included the pics i figured that many people have not seen them

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
That's some golf form DanLoved the concert and birthday celebration camping and on the boat. Your family portrait is better than mine would be
thanks, if you knock it in a hole in one, you need the proper form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
we've never played the WDW mini-golf courses but that one looks really cool - can imagine that kids get a kick out iot

and thanks for the Live Life updates ... much better than the Dead Life updates. Not that I should talk - my company has Life and Non-Life insurance departments, and of course, I work in the Non-Life one
parker got a huge kick out of it, he really liked it, next trip we plan to do both sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Thanks for the "real life " shots. Nice to get a glimpse of where you go camping and for other celebrations.

I have done Fantasia gardens and then one side only I think. Need to make my rounds at the others but look out.... I have no control over where the ball goes....

Maybe I can dig out my pictures of that- I did the picture per hole too. No surprise there.

your welcome, that is the downtown area by the campground we really hanging out there.

ill just make sure if you are playing around me to put you in first so you dont hit me in the back of the head with your golfball

i would enjoy seeing that its been a while since i played the fantasia gardens course

Blessed by the Best

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: