Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #1351
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Glad Parker was slowly coming around with feeling better minus the orange juice

A nice calm day at blizzard beach and mini golf sounded perfect

Old 07-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #1352
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Blizzard Beach mini golf course is a lot of fun. Did you do just one course or both?

Glad to see Parker feeling a bit better.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #1353
MEK
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a fun afternoon at BB. I haven't been there in years, but its on my list for October. It's got a great theme.

I have never tried the mini golf but it looks like a lot of fun.

Glad Parker was feeling better.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-31-2013, 05:07 AM   #1354
daisymomof4
Mouseketeer

Hi there! I've been reading your report over the last few days, it's been fun to read and I'm really enjoying your photos! I love that you took a photo of the clock the morning you were off like a herd of turtles, lol.

Glad to read your son bounced back, hope he stayed well for the rest of the trip! Looking forward to more
Old 07-31-2013, 06:56 AM   #1355
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Glad to see that Parker was doing better. I love Summer Winterland. It is much better than the other course near the Swan/Dolphin.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:19 AM   #1356
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
Sorry again for the absence between updates, but it is the summer season and that means camping trips...we were away again camping in michigan. But we are back now for 3 weeks straight so hope to turn out about 2 updates a week as time allows.
You guys have been camping fools this summer! Hope it's been fun.

Quote:
anyhow, we all woke up at 7:50, parker said he was thirst and downed about half of an OJ bottle, before i could stop him, he threw up a little since he drank it so fast.

Quote:
i might have also bribed him with a new cars vinylmation from the gift shop as a incentive. im not above it when it comes to getting the kids feeling better on vacation.
Bribery is an acceptable parenting technique.

Quote:
so he had a hot dog meal, complete with fruit cup and chips,
candi had a pretzel dog meal.
i had the mac and cheese hot dog which was really good, noelle ate some of everyones meals and was happy we were all stuffed and even ended up saving 2 bags of the donald chips to take with us.
And everyone kept it down, I hope!

Quote:
it was time to hit the mini golf
Underrated fun at Walt Disney World.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:02 PM   #1357
Kaykool101
Mouseketeer

What a peaceful morning. Sounds like a good way to get back into the Disney groove.

I feel so bad for Candi! She should win mother of the year. There is NOTHING worse than your child being sick. I am glad everyone else got some sleep though.

I can't wait to hear about mini golf. I have never done the courses at Disney. How did Noelle like it?

kaykool101

Double Double Disney Trouble - Sept. 2013 PTR
Old 07-31-2013, 02:36 PM   #1358
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad that Parker ws feeling better and he ate some food; hate when the kids are sick on vacation.

We prefer Typhoon Lagoon ourselves, but we don't do the big slides anymore (too many stairs to climb; just give us a lazy river and we are happy old people ).

Love playing mini-golf at Disney (haven't done it since 2008 and want to try to fit it in this trip or in December when Mary and the girls join us). The themeing at Winter Wonderland is outstanding.

RIP Genie
Old 07-31-2013, 03:36 PM   #1359
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britard View Post
I have never been to Blizzard Beach. Do you prefer that or Typhoon Lagoon with the kids?

Our kids love Winter Summerland, can't wait to see which side you play!
thanks for reading along, (i think this is your first post)?

we prefere blizzard beach the play area in TL is fun, but our kids like the blizzard beach one better, we ended going to BB 3 times and TL only once.

my son also really loved the family tube slide there alot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I had the exact same day you did on my trip. Blizzard Beach followed by mini-golf. And I also got the mac & cheese hot dog. Weird.
great minds think alike. it was a good hotdog thats for sure

what side of the course did you guys play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Glad to read he made it through lunch ok, water park and mini golf! Poor Candi, I know that can be when one of the kids are sick especially all in the same room, it makes for no rest at all.

We've never done the mini golf, maybe someday!
you are right she actually sleeps better in there roomif they are sick instead of ours, in ours she will be up all night worrying about them, where in there room she sleeps till they make a noise.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 07-31-2013, 03:40 PM   #1360
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Glad Parker was slowly coming around with feeling better minus the orange juice

A nice calm day at blizzard beach and mini golf sounded perfect

we plan to do more mini golf on our next trip, we really had fun this time...i want to play the courses by the dolphine again as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
Blizzard Beach mini golf course is a lot of fun. Did you do just one course or both?

Glad to see Parker feeling a bit better.
we just did the one side, without looking at my pics now i forget which side, it had the white castle so i want to say winter side

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Sounds like a fun afternoon at BB. I haven't been there in years, but its on my list for October. It's got a great theme.

I have never tried the mini golf but it looks like a lot of fun.

Glad Parker was feeling better.
you will have a good time, we love BB we enjoy there rides alot more than TL, the tabbagoon racers are a blast.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 07-31-2013, 03:52 PM   #1361
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisymomof4 View Post
Hi there! I've been reading your report over the last few days, it's been fun to read and I'm really enjoying your photos! I love that you took a photo of the clock the morning you were off like a herd of turtles, lol.

Glad to read your son bounced back, hope he stayed well for the rest of the trip! Looking forward to more
glad you are enjoying it.

i remember taking that one because we were leaving so late that morning and we were surprised how late we were leaving.

time will tell if he stays well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
Glad to see that Parker was doing better. I love Summer Winterland. It is much better than the other course near the Swan/Dolphin.
im not a huge fan of fantasia, i think they need to redue it...but i like the fairways one, that one is a blast.

Blessed by the Best
Old 07-31-2013, 03:58 PM   #1362
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
You guys have been camping fools this summer! Hope it's been fun.

Bribery is an acceptable parenting technique.

And everyone kept it down, I hope!

Underrated fun at Walt Disney World.
we like being camping fools, we really enjoy it, it is have been a fun summer so far.

yep everyone kept lunch down today

we love mini golf at disney you can do so many fun things there without going into the parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaykool101 View Post
What a peaceful morning. Sounds like a good way to get back into the Disney groove.

I feel so bad for Candi! She should win mother of the year. There is NOTHING worse than your child being sick. I am glad everyone else got some sleep though.

I can't wait to hear about mini golf. I have never done the courses at Disney. How did Noelle like it?
she does a great job when the kids are not feeling well, im very proud of her, i know i couldnt do it.

we had a blast, noelle, well she slept through the whole thing, i think she might have woken up around hole 17 or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm so glad that Parker ws feeling better and he ate some food; hate when the kids are sick on vacation.

We prefer Typhoon Lagoon ourselves, but we don't do the big slides anymore (too many stairs to climb; just give us a lazy river and we are happy old people ).

Love playing mini-golf at Disney (haven't done it since 2008 and want to try to fit it in this trip or in December when Mary and the girls join us). The themeing at Winter Wonderland is outstanding.
i like the lazy river at TL better as well, no really cold water falling on you in caves there, well not as much as BB anyway.

mini golf is a blast we have a great time playing it, and hope to hit more courses the next trip.

hopefully you will be able to squeeze in a round next trip

Blessed by the Best
Old 08-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #1363
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
great minds think alike. it was a good hotdog thats for sure

what side of the course did you guys play?
Is it bad that I don't remember?

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 08-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #1364
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

That's one good thing about a water park day -- you don't have to rush out the door too awful early.

My son James was just asking the other day if we could go to Typhoon Lagoon next time. I reminded him that we haven't even tried Blizzard Beach yet, but he says that he likes the wave pool at TL. And I like the Crush 'n Gusher, so who knows. But what I do know, is that it's fun to think about it waaay ahead of time!
Old 08-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #1365
marvali
DIS Veteran

Welcome back from all the camping trips! I had no idea you guys were gone so much............

Sounds like the perfect slowwwwww start to your day after Parker was feeling so bad, and glad he was starting to come around! During a longer trip like this, a occasional slow day is never a bad thing.

Never tried Winter Summerland, but it looks like a lot of fun! And love the theming! Will have to give it a try sometime.

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: