Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 02:12 PM   #1291
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Chapter 60. Touring the Resort

Chapter 60. Touring the Resort

after we ate our lunch i knew parker needed to lay down to rest, so instead of Noelle being loud in the room and bothering him, i decided to take her for a little walk around the resort.

this was to accomplish 3 things.

1. give parker quite time to rest and maybe fall asleep
2. allow noelle some down time to hopefully fall asleep in the stroller
3. give me a chance to get a bunch of pictures that i wanted to of the resort.

So with my partner in crime ready to go we had her strapped in and were out the door.

She was looking sleepy to me and i thought maybe she wouldnt make it out of the little mermaid section before she zonked out.

but i think she was just fooling me as she perked right up after that.

it was on to get some pictures of things that i had failed to do so far.

sebastian was on the one end of the pool

and looking the other way aerial looks out over the pool

we then ventured up to the top floor of the Ursula wing of our section and had a great view of the pool area below us.

while up there i happened to notice a very subtle little item on the tip of her finger, i came to the conclusion that it was a lightning rode...they were also placed on the top of king tritons crown and the top of aerial i found later.

then to the back side of the ursula section to see the bridge between the two resorts...the panoramic turned out okay it was a little bright as i was taking it into the sun direction and light is a little bit funny on the panoramic settings but i will still share it.

i also figured that people might like to see the landscapping in this section, it varied from crushed shells to mulch in areas, i thought the crushed shells was a nice touch.

as we were leaving the mermaid section i notice that someone had cut out the sod by the walkways, im not sure why as they just laid it down about a week ago after we arrived, it wasnt even in a certain pattern like where sprinklers would be just vary random...it reminded me of the movie with jim carrey where he steals the sod.

after we left the sod area, it was on to explore the lion king section first was a hallway shot.

then it was a view of the carpet, which later in the trip the rest of the family went in and saw with me and they really liked the foot prints of timon pumba and simba.

we then went on around the pool to get some more pictures around there.

while at this location we noticed the big wig CM's standing there talking about something around the pool.

being the curious type noelle and i ventured over and under the disguise of taking pictures found out they were talking about replacing all of the bolts around the pool they were not happy with them.

i did manage to get a picture of one of the entrances by the pool to the nemo section.

once inside the nemo section they had a huge picture on the wall by the elevator bank.

and walking down the hall we saw a hidden mickey in the bubbles on the carpet...

this prompted me to think there were mickeys in all the sections carpet...but we will check on that more later.

we then went out the back of the resort and walked the other direction from the bridge to see the rest of the info signs that we didnt see the other day walking back from lunch at POP.

here was the first one.

lets check in with noelle and see if she is still awake.

yep havent knocked her out yet.

the back stairs of the nemo section covering the stairs in that area.

and right onto the cars section and there stairs covered up.

and the front and back of the cars signs along the lake.

with that i will go onto the next chapter and share more pictures of our walking tour.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best

Last edited by FauntleroyFAN07; 07-05-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #1292
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 61. Touring the resort and looking for hidden mickeys

Chapter 61. Touring the resort and looking for hidden mickeys

now with fresh hidden mickeys in my mind from nemo it was time to continue on in the cars section to find more hidden mickeys in there carpet.

but first the rest of the signs along the pathway.

and the back of the stairs on this cars building.

then into the building we went behind the luigis sign and instantly we found the hidden mickey on the carpet there.

down the hall by there elvators there was a really cool picture of radiator springs with lighting in front.

after careful consideration i realized that even though the hallways were empty i would not be able to fit this picture into my checked luggage so taking some pictures without getting any wall in it was next on the agenda.

then one centered up a little more with more background down the main drag

and just in case there are any luigis tire shop fans out there one of just his shop with lightning out of it.

i think those would look really cool on a kids bedroom wall.

back out the main doors to take some pictures of the vehicles during the day time since the last pictures i took were night shots on our arrival day.

i thought i almost knocked her out but she was still holding on and not sleeping.

i was a big fan of the signs along the pool fence around the pool, i thought they would make great decorative pieces in my garage.

ms sally

going down one side of the street in front of the pool was these signs that i enjoyed.

next chapter coming right up after this.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best

Last edited by FauntleroyFAN07; 07-05-2013 at 03:10 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #1293
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 62. Touring the resort finale

Chapter 62. Touring the resort finale

Coming back into the section the other side of the signs says something different.

when we went into the main hall to walk around we saw a CM doing wet mop art on the ground.

this first one he finished and we easily knew what it was.

this next one i wasnt so sure right away what it was.

then it started to come together.

and now you can see it really taking shape

and almost done,

we came back through here about an hour later and you could still make them out, i wonder what they put in that water to make them last that long

then i tried a few panoramic inside shots of the lobby.

which were a little tricky with the lighting and the people moving but for the most part turned out okay.

across from the check in desks.

then noelle and i went out towards the front of the resort to take some pictures of the larger than life images on the front.

to get the next shot we had to walk across the parking lot towards the front to get it from the front...but there were enough sidewalks there that we did it safely.

then back inside the resort to take some pictures of the food signs.

i didnt take them on the rotating ones on the stations themselves but on the wall...i figured it could give everyone a view of what they offer a little better and at least get a sense of what was there.

and with that noelle and i headed back to our room to check on parker and candi.

we were gone a little more than an hour and that little stinker didnt fall asleep once.

till next time, have a good weekend everyone.

Blessed by the Best

Last edited by FauntleroyFAN07; 07-05-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #1294
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us

I am so excited to have just found this TR! My family is going for almost the same exact dates this year to the AoA (right after our anniversary too!). Your kids are so cute and I am having so much fun reading about the big surprise and your adventures so far (I am still at the beginning). Some of the pictures are missing from your old posts, but I realize this is from last year, and I am still enjoying reading along.

Can't wait to read more- you are really getting me excited about AoA!

Disneyland at the Holidays, here we come!
Old 07-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #1295
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY4ever View Post
I am so excited to have just found this TR! My family is going for almost the same exact dates this year to the AoA (right after our anniversary too!). Your kids are so cute and I am having so much fun reading about the big surprise and your adventures so far (I am still at the beginning). Some of the pictures are missing from your old posts, but I realize this is from last year, and I am still enjoying reading along.

Can't wait to read more- you are really getting me excited about AoA!
glad to have you along, im glad you are enjoying the report.

you guys will have a blast at AoA we loved it there.

I looked into the picture situation, it looks like the ones you are looking at are linked to my photo account that is over the bandwidth limit, but it should reset tomorrow or sunday at the latest for those pictures, so you will be able to see them at that time.

Blessed by the Best
Old 07-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #1296
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great Updates Dan!! That was some Tour of AoA, loved the carpet hidden mickeys, and the sidewalk painting .I have to starte looking for hidden mickeys this year, I mean like relly look not just occassionally spot one !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 07-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #1297
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Great coverage of the resort! The attention to detail is amazing.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #1299
Kaykool101
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the great pics! I am getting really excited about staying at AoA this Fall!!!

The mop art was amazing. I have never seen that.

kaykool101

Double Double Disney Trouble - Sept. 2013 PTR
Old 07-06-2013, 06:12 AM   #1300
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Great updates! Thanks for the tour of AoA! Lol....Noelle not falling asleep, she was enjoying the tour from Tour Guide Dad.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #1302
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

I would love to ride the Speedway but it smells from the diesel or whatever they use. Yuck! Maybe in December I will.
LOL. She looked like she was waving to all her fans on Dumbo. Cute pic.
Too bad you missed the characters. They are fun there.
Sad he wanted to leave but not feeling good at Disney is no fun. Hope he is better quickly.
Okay the boat towel is cute.
Great pics of AofA.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #1303
cruella23
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I would love to ride the Speedway but it smells from the diesel or whatever they use. Yuck!.
When we rode it earlier this year, it was especially bad. One of the CM's passed out right in the middle of the loading area. Between the heat and the smell it would be a hard spot to work. They cleared the ride and the queue and gave us fast passes. We were walking out and a lady started yelling at the CM who was handing out the passes that she only got 3 and there were 4 people in her group. I felt bad for the CM, who was obviously concerned about the girl who passed out, but she handled it well.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #1304
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Great update! Thanks for the tour. I love the fun Cars signs! I wonder if they will add Planes details after the movie comes out? Looks like the food court has a lot of variety. Did your little princess ever fall asleep?
Old 07-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #1305
ChefDisneyLu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post

a little shopping for the ladies at old navy we continued on to the big tree #2 at daly plaza. this building plaza has been in a lot of movies, from the batman movies, to blues brothers, to the fugitive, to the lake house where sandra bullock is sitting when he gets hit by the bus.

I have been reading your TR all day and I would normally only comment when I am done reading to tell you thank your for sharing etc. but I have to tell you that the tree in Daley Plaza always comes from the Chicago Land area and last year (2012) It came from Palos Heights, IL...4 block away from my house!

Well now that I am bragging I will take the time to say thank you for sharing! I am loving your pictures and your family is adorable. I remember when my DS was meeting all of the characters and it brings a tear to my eyes.

Lisa
May, 2010 - Pop Century
September, 2010 - Polynesian

[/url]

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: